White textures

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I need someone who has the write texture problem (in some areas -> like ships) to do tests for me (as i can not reproduce the problem on my PCs)
    PM me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• nobody?
    oh fine - i like it when problems loose importance

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• What did I miss? Are you talking about the white spots in some of the cut scenes or when the ship is sitting at a dock? I just started using the Shift + f12 when I start the game and not only did the glare go away but so did the "white spots". So I figured that "white spots" i saw were actually just bright glares.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• nah, he means when there are actually white squares instead of effects as well as white character textures, and such, a problem that suddenly happened on my old PC, and apparently fixed itself later, same way how the bug appeared... out of nowhere after a new Windows install. Prolly related to the driver or MS Library or something weird.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hello,
    if you mean problems like these
    index.php?page=Thread&threadID=31360
    index.php?page=Thread&threadID=25806
    index.php?page=Thread&threadID=22529
    I think people who suffered them would not keep playing CF with white textures (considering that the problem occurs on the latest powerful graphic cards capable of much more than CF), therefore they don't visit SWAT Portal very often and haven't replied in this thread yet.

As a suggestion - if the problem is compatibility mode self-activating on new GPUs, how about making two downloads for CF 2.0 - one for older cards and one for newer, without low-resolution textures included. One may suppose it would be technically impossible for the game to run with low-quality graphics when only HQ textures are present... Although I'm just speculating. :S

- Wanderer -

• the point is not to release different version
    the point of that is to understand why some ppl have these errors on some textures while others are working

and as you meantioned... if such ppl stopped playing the mod coz of that stuff... our main interest should be to find out whats wrong and if possible try to find a working fix -> which means that we need somebody who can help us doing tests (as we clearly can not reprocude the problem on our PCs)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• in my cute little netbook i have sometimes this white textures. u must see Trent in a bar: complete white, like a ghost, awesome and scary. but also when i kill fighters and they explode, there is a lot of white stuff around. until now, i thought, it comes from the low grafic capabilities of my cute little eeepc 1000 ... anything. hmm. i could do some tests, ofcourse. let me now what exactly.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• i need screenshots of the white textures
    and if its related to npcs i need to know under which NPC versions the mod was activated

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• So far I can say for sure that when "Texture Detail" is set to minimum, one gets white textures on Coalition fighter ships, Vanpelt's outfit (my MP character) and some parts of landscape.
    The images attached below were made just a minute ago (the 3rd picture is Planet Baden-Baden landing sequence).

- Wanderer -

P.S. Are white 8-bit-style square explosions also abnormal? I can make screenshots of that too if needed...

Files

• screen25.jpg

(640.62 kB, downloaded 20 times, last: )
    • screen21.jpg

(749.62 kB, downloaded 16 times, last: )
    • screen26.jpg

(1.17 MB, downloaded 17 times, last: )
  • My ship looks like 1th pic of Wanderer only when is set to minimum on high is no problem, also when i kill NPCs when they explode on point of explosion have squares but all that on minimal only.

Break the chains of life! Fly freely!

• i see where the problem is
    just dont now how to fix it atm without spending several weeks of work

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Exactly. I have that problem ONLY if i make the settings on minimum.
    P.S. If you change the settings on hight the withe character will be the same, because it requires restart of the game.
    (i'm not sure if this information is new or old and if it's from some important and can help, i just decided to tell it)
    BTW again i'm not sure, because was a long time before, but i think that this have it in the original/vanilla Freelancer too. (or i mistaken something)

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• 10 days of work later... +16000 textures have been checked by me and fixes were done
    the problem with white textures should not occur anymore

this massively slowed down my progress on the mod and spending time on this matter originally was not planned but i think it clearly will improve the quality of the mod

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thx OP! ... this problem was rly tough one.