From space

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• Hi,

I love space opera and i'm waiting for Star Citizen
    Then I'm new on Freelancer and i discover this mod and i'm trying it.
    I have a problem with sound i' dont' know why, (no voice in game) and 3d sound is disable

• 3D sound is by default disabled, and that is correct, it has to be that way.

No sound though, you sure you turned sound volume settings on, that your PC has sound, or your speakers work ?

Never heard of a bug that the game doesn't have sound O.o Do you still have Windows Media Player installed ? (not sure if it matters, but uninstalling windows default programs seemed to give troubles on other stuff, not realted to FL so far.)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hello Fenx,

please check post #36 here for a tip on how to solve your sound problem.
    I've also attached a text file I made for myself when I had the same experience, maybe you find it helpful.

Welcome to Crossfire!

Files

• Sound.txt

(6.64 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )
  • That is from early 2008, but the problem is still possible ? The new Windowses shouldn't have the same issue... anyway, if that solves his problem, that's great though, thanx for the help Wanderer.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hello FenX, welcome!

• howdy

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello FenX and Welcome Aboard!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Hi everyone, I know I said I'll go on the server but I've been caught up with lots of work and my laptop doesn't seem to like the mod, lol.
    I'll come onto the server once i've figured out how to get my laptop to run the mod better.
    The joys of vista. lol

• Nowadays W Vista is a real pain in the ass on laptops, since it consumes more than half of their resources just to keep Vista open, and it doesn't even look better "Vista" (in spanish) than WIndows 7...

• IMHO both Vista and Win7 are bit too flashy, lot of things that consume system recourses for doing almost nothing (Windows Aero for instance).
    I never get used to them, for me - XP all the way :)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".