CF Server

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by kermit.

• hah... It would be funny if it were not so sad.

The strange thing is the fortune... A half-year later, I'm returning and first thread i see is that, and somehow... read it awaiting the worst, but ignoring the rest. And wrote the hard words with no feeling... As if automatically.

Hope still exist you said?..
    Unlikely I will be able to find another explanation for my actions. And the words spoken can't be returned.

So, that is it.
    The finish. And end of our story here and what actually didn't even started.

Sorry.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

Edited once, last by [BC]afGun: context correction ().

• For a moment I was like "what ?" again, but I guess the "finish" was only about your words, so, yes, ok. It never happened, go free :)

Have fun,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• From the depths of the void, I return.
    A little birdie informed me of your situation, SWAT_OP.

I'm humbled by your first post wanting past grudges to be left in the past. That is a fantastic step forward.
    The entire Freelancer community has done so much and the 10 year anniversary of Freelancer means that we can look forward to a brighter future.
    I'm very excited for both the X:Rebirth and of course the darling of crowd funding with Star Citizen. I'm incredibly happy that RSI had the foresight to allow people to donate directly rather than going through KickStarter, thereby avoiding having to pay a ton in KickStarter fees.

I'm very conflicted when it comes to wanting CrossFire 2.0
    In the past prior to Star Citizen and X:Rebirth, I'd have supported it wholeheartedly.
    But now? X:Rebirth is releasing soon and looks to take some of the best ideas of Freelancer possibility and expand it beyond comparison. Star Citizen seems to be focusing on glitz, glamor, and tons of fancy graphics with moveable parts. A noble endeavor, but incredibly pricey to do all of it. X:Rebirth pretty much has 'standard' graphics that don't require a high-end computer just to get it running. The sheer amount of gameplay is damn mind-boggling.

So I don't say all of this to try to knock CrossFire. Not at all.
    I'm just saying that perhaps CrossFire 2.0 can be the last 'content/story' release for the mod, with the rest just being bugfixes and patches.
    You're very well aware of the limitations of the engine. I'm sure you're also well aware of how much potential that this community has if you can get a prototype together to KickStarter something unique in a for-profit capacity that is not bound by the IP restrictions or engine-limitations of staying with Freelancer.
    After CF 2.0 (if the community here is willing to support you to complete it), then I'd sincerely suggest putting a prototype together for a KickStarter to make your own space game either in the style of Freelancer (controls, story focus) or something different. With the current market being amiable to Space games, perhaps we can see a resurgence of this genre.

You hold the last call. The community here is very dedicated and loyal, but we must look at reality as well.
    Most of the people who used to play have long since moved on to other adventures, both in r/l and to other games.
    When New Vision mod for Deus Ex was released, that's basically what I've been playing solo.
    Alongside that I've dabbled in PSO2 and a few other RPG Maker XP games like Vacant Sky: Contention.

The climate has changed. The winds have shifted.
    All great stories must eventually come to an end.
    If you do release CrossFire 2.0 with or without the help of the community, then it must be for your own reasons rather than for a need for the community to do X amount of activity.
    I'm hoping that I'm not the only one feeling that is is unreasonable in this environment to make such a demand of your community. You can request it. You can request donations. You can request help/assistance. However, actually *demanding* that people play the mod on the MP server may be doing a bit much and actually drive away potential new players.

Let your community know whatever it is that you feel you need. They seem more than happy to help out.
    I'm very glad to see that CF has a very strong fire in the hearts of the loyal playerbase here.

If it were up to me, I'd add in some single-player story, do a ton of bugfixes, call the new version 1.9 FINAL and let the mod be played and enjoyed by the community. The new graphics will help. The new stuff will look nice, but by the time it all falls into place...the market will shift to the newly-released games. All that stuff you wanted to do in 2.0 could be redirected towards your own prototype. Basically anything that isn't specific to the Freelancer IP can pretty much be used/reused as needed.

Good luck to all of you. Hope to see this mod still alive and kicking at 2.0 in the near-future :)

• Dear OP,

As Podman mentioned, the rent of the new server is about 45euro... Since i am really really love this mod and the community... i am committed to donate monthly 20euro as that the only amount i can afford at the moment... As i said, this is my commitment, therefore, OP or anybody related, if i missed, please do not hesitate to message me... put aside your saying of "the donation is your decision".

Thank you...
    for august 2013... 20euro deposited...

• Only as info for those who not had CF installed: CF 1.9 is already running on new server with new launcher - read HERE

• i disagree in most points with darkwraith007
    starting with "X-rebirth has just standard graphics and is behind star citizen" over to the point what i can and can not expect from the community

maybe you would like to consider the following facts:
    The only thing you have seen about star citizen so far are some ugly ship renders and a tech demo with not much in it. x-rebirth on the other side is a done game which meets the requirements of the end user. Starcitizen has to and will downgrade in order to be playable.

As for both games i dont worry.
    X-Rebirth is pure singleplayer game... just like all other X-games before and like before all players which want online action have to focus on Freelancer.
    Starcitizen is not done yet... and by experience and the lack of progress that can be seen it will take many years to finish (if ever).
    The only alternative for a very long time is Freelancer Crossfire. (im just quoting a german game magazine here)

What i can expect from the community is exactly what i have demanded.
    It is not too much considering all the work that is done for the players in background. All the thousands of hours that are put into the development of the mod and tools.
    Alternative might be that I pull the plug and free these resources and invest my time somewhere else.
    So every member of this community can decide for his/her own if its worth to fulfill the expectations or watch everything go down the drain.

@maishaf74
    thank you, much appreciated

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I sometimes wish I knew German so that these language issues would be less of an issue.
    By 'standard' graphics, I wasn't insulting X:Rebirth in any way.
    It is a good thing that X:Rebirth will be able to run on a wide variety of PCs.
    The X:R developer has the priority of gameplay and discovery before pure graphics. I like that :)

I'm hoping CF 2.0 works out well for everyone.

• It will!
    :)

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• there is absolutely nothing that would let me thing that the graphics of X-Rebirth have less quality than what has been presented with Starcitizen
    infact in many areas they are even better

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I fail to see the point of the discussion here. All three games are vastly different and offer unique interactions on a variety of levels. CF is the best mod to improve FL by any sense of the word and offers a straight forward game play that many of us old vets enjoy. Why? Because we appreciate accomplishment rather than "looks", along with the instant action unlike most other games.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• true to that gunny but steady up on the vet bit the grey hairs are slowly progressing, appreciation to the creation of this mod then let the credit flow. there has been a lot of new pilots coming in all the time so the mod is definately up there with the best. no1 in my eyes anyway
    kermit