Elite:Dangerous

There are 79 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Trinity_.

• O_o

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Some more new videos some of you might have missed.

[video]

[/video]

Of more interest is the fact that Elite Dangerous has started the alpha phase, consisting of various modules that players can stress test. Currently the combat module is up for testing with six missions to try out various combat options. Early reports are very good, stable, and lag free.

[video]

[/video]

• Unfortunatly :
    Had only the money for the beta standard release tier ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• they have more progress to show than *cough* star citizen

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Have to agree with you there OP. The way Elite is being made and tested is very well thought out from what i can see. I'll be joining in the testing soon myself, bought beta level access, but from what i've read so far, it's a series of modules that players get to test, these will be bolted together for beta, and if it all works, it gets released. When this is all done, extra stuff gets added down the line like, landing and walking around on planets and other stuff. Least the guys at Frontier are testing small sections, bolting them together and making sure they all work, before release.

While i have contributed to Star Citizen and eagerly await that as well, i feel the approach with ED is better and will provide a solid base for the devlopers to add things to as they know it all works. What i'm seeing with SC is that they seem to be adding everything they can think of first, then release it and hope it works, with a 'we'll fix it with a patch' mentality later, due to the amount of things they are trying to include with initial release. Just have to see i guess, but ED look a well thought out game so far with good testing methods, release is planned for around April '14, and the way alpha is going so far, can't see that date slipping by much.

• So glad I submitted £20 to this project last year now :D cant wait for the full release. May even fork out for a collectors box edition if one is released lol

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• Collectors box edition is heading my way on release, already paid for :)

Be aware if you want future addons, it will set you back £35 more, this will get you all the addon stuff they release, and you never have to pay a bean again. For £20 you only get the digital download iirc

• 1.1 Alpha released

Alpha Phase 1.1 includes the following in addition to the 1.0 content:
    • A selection of stereoscopic 3D support options added
    - Oculus Rift
    - Side-by-side 3D rendering for use with 3D TVs / monitors
    - Anaglyph rendering: old school Red/Cyan rendering for those without Oculus Rift or a 3D TV but with some vintage red/cyan glasses
    • Track IR support added
    • Dashboard brightness option added
    • Improved build stability
    • Assorted improvements from Alpha feedback

Definite progress if you ask me

• Will be interesting to see both games SC and ED after they realises and make a comparison. I like the video of ED. Has lot noise for SC with more hopes will be bad after that to has fail. :huh:
    That which i see from OP and Gibbon maybe ED will be better. :D

Break the chains of life! Fly freely!

• Elite Dangerous with their 3 million pounds funded, compared to the 35 million dollar funding Star Citizen has received, looks 100 times better than SC. Hands down, best game to come in 2014 (Only if ME4 gets announced, then I must change my mind) :D

-Post #900- hueHuehuEhUehue

• As a backer of both, at the present time i can't really argue with the sentiments expressed so far. ED is clearly looking good, i will be interested to seethe next few alphas so that i can see where they are going with the game. It seems to be by all the indications and noises coming out of Frontier Developments, more in line with the original Elite than the games that came after. All the systems and planets are procedurally generated, looking forward to that, there is a pseudo newtonian flight model with flight model assist ON/OFF button, plus a bunch of other stuff. Bring it on...

• lol
    reminds me on docking when i played jumpgate tri

i like that

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• "follow federal protocol to avoid 'ship destruction' " lol

That actually looks pretty nice ! Very realistic except that there's no autopilot for docking, we already got autopilot for car parking.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• "You are on collision course with a large asteroid. Please insert a coin to unlock maneuvering thrusters."

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,