Questions, suggestions for CF 2.0

There are 350 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• @Rexor
    You mean something like that "Rowlett's Revenge" turret you might get during the 3rd story mission ?

Won't work on the server. Why ? After each server reboot it would be "regenerated"
    and in due time you would find it advertised by one of the well known "Gun Shops" around :D .
    "specialts" gone :P .

Ajay
    1st : see above
    2nd : would start a spiral of making also weapons better, then armor better, then .... the race of military development with no effect in the end.
    ...AND it would affect the balance in the game at the whole.
    In the end ALL of the recent eqtuipment would be rubbish and obsolete.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• wrecks in inner core are planned

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i want to know about IDs or Licenses for 2.0

here is what I think

Pirates id need to Smuggle you cant be a pirate with out it as this will help get them out of X and moving about for 2.0

Smugglers id remove it and change it to a traders id letting them trade lawful and unlawful goods as its pretty much that anyway

cops ids can pretty much stay the same unless any one has any more to add on it

bounty hunters /merc id make it a Freelancer ID that everyone starts with for hunting bounty, trading lawful and only killing in self defence

my char names

Event~Manager~Rifty
    [CFPD]Rifty
    [CFPD]Rifty.

• Strongly agree .. Because it would be a great gain for any player belonging to a pirate clan to have a smugg licence and a pirate licence on different chars.RP diversity would help improve our time on server,because not all the time we are able to tax.There are days when we could win some money from "honest" work(knowing pvps are expensive).Even if it were something unique ,would probably gives a more realistic light and playability....so im totally agree with this idea.

• We had this conversation once, what about Launching NPC's on Capital Ships? :) Will this work?

And please make the NPC's less aggressive! :cursing: It's like even their Starfliers getting into fight, and this is more like Suicide!

and about the Docking Moors for Trains and Battleships, on Lost Paradise and IC, that would be nice cause it's not realy nice to only dock with Fighters :verwirrt: and maybe more Repair buoys! On Lost Paradise and systems that realy Require a Repair Buoy...

What about the engines of Capital ships? Some doesn't show anything when you Cruise, actually it looks like you Kill Engine and it moves...

Edited once, last by Snake2d: Ebasf ().

• Seriously, NPCs less aggresive ?

Then check the Freelancer NPCs, use godmode, and have fun with all being easy peasy.

There are each time more people who can solo hunt guns in IC, with no problems.

The repair buoys, in Lost Paradise and other Sirius systems ? How would that make sense... counting the storyline and how the buoys appeard in IC in the first time.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I'm quite sure Snake refers to the npcs agressive behavior, because they're more a nuisence to him than being to hard to fight. ... like flies on a hot summer day :D

On the other point - even I with my erhmm... "abilities" (Personally I would REALLY benefit from such buoys, but I'm definitly not a scale) I would
    agree on BigM.
    It IS hard to go to Lost Paradise and roam Inner Core. It is supposed to be that hard and such a challange to survive.
    But it is numerously proven, that it is possible.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• How could NPCs be less aggresive (not counting difficulty)... you mean you are red with some Outcasts and expect them NOT to attack you ? (or sometimes).

Cus that's not really possible...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• That's the answer asked for : is it possible to change that at all ? ... No

Okay, then the Xeno Starfliers and Startrackers, Hohoshas, Gaians etc. will have to go on suiciding, poor laddies :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• About NPC less agressive - Golden Crysantemum Startracker attacking Osiris, no comments. Seems like GC have the guts...

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• I'm serious, before 1.9 OP mentioned that he gonna do something about the NPC getting more Aggressive, he even mentioned that the CSF gonna be more hard! Seriously I m sure he can do anything about that and the buoys... Well look there is something about the docking Moors.... We don't have any moors for Trains or Battleships in WETH or LOST PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!!! So at least let there be a lil more Buoys on the mentioned systems... Or make the Bases able to dock with BS or Train 8|

• If you use a battleship, you should be part of a fleet. If you are part of fleet, repair ships MUST HAVE. If you have repair ships, why the flak you need buoys?

• Would like to come back to the issue of ... somehow recognizing what roleplay- licence a player carries/sports.
    And IF the game is - serversided - even capable of recognizing it by itself.

Perhaps a command similar to : /bounty, that shows you which plyers online have a bounty on their head. like : /pir, /pol, /smu and /merc, then showing a list of players who wear this licence.

Something I found very helpful playing the mercenary role.
    On logg in I "check" if there are any "jobs" (bounties) outstanding. If so : where this char is lurking. Then : is he near enough, to catch up (being in Liberty and him in Inner Core wouldn't be promising i.e).
    Then I start moving in his direction, checking where he's going, looking if- perhaps - his level raises (=> "heavy trading", maybe BMG ?) or else, giving me a clue, where I could intercept him.
    And what's all this about : that's ROLE PLAY.
    Even a bit unfair advantage, since the hunters knows his "prey" but the hunted ... perhaps might get a clue of that he is hunted and by whom, checking very carefull the movementsof all chars on the server chat list.

Something else, that happend yesterday night:
    Wearing a police licence I chased a pirate, beside being one of the "well known", knowing that by his clan tag. On doing as above I managed to finally got him - by surprise and shot him with almost no resistance.
    He didn't know that I am police and coudn't know before, that a Cop is after him - in the same system - since I don't wear a clan tagg of one of the known law enforcement groups.
    Later I got told, that he was conducting buisness on a "small event" and That I busted all of his night long efforts. I am REALLY SORRY for that, Mercenaro :thankyou: But ... that's 24/7 RP, isn't it ?
    If he would have known that I am Cop, the outcome could have been different, (most likely) HE would have busted MY butt :eeeek::D

And therefore I think such - or any other way to see what player is on what roleplay could be relly helpful, as well for the players as for the server and the roleplay at all.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• @NucNuc: so, this was you :) ... heh, it looks I need update little our chars list :D . Mercenaro come to Manchester/NL gate bcs I (GR char) asked him to do it to deliver requested commodities for Admin bar in Styx ... alas due this is our Bar still empty :bdamn: But it was special "event" working fully under RP rules so bad-luck ... hope next time we (GRs) will be more lucky (empy Bar is rly something terrible :bcrazy: ) :bcool:

• @Rexor
    You mean something like that "Rowlett's Revenge" turret you might get during the 3rd story mission ?

Won't work on the server. Why ? After each server reboot it would be "regenerated"
    and in due time you would find it advertised by one of the well known "Gun Shops" around :D .
    "specialts" gone :P .

I don't remember about this "Rowlett's Revenge" ! Sorry !
    .......... I'm well known for my bad memory ...

I meant only in SP, of course. .... Just to make the things more interesting, more things to do, more duration of the game ....
    However isn't an important feature, also because you must keep the game pretty balanced .... so this special equipments should be only a little more powerful than the standard .......
    .... Anyway, in SP, why not ?

• Rowlett's revenge - in mission 3, when you leave NY, you meet somebody called Rowlett, he is using Rhino. He gets blasted by fleet "Defenders". If you will attack them and destroy first fighter, he will drop this turret.

• THIS is one of my MOST favored parts in early SP : to SHOOT THESE LADDIES DOWN :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I must admit, at that point I done nothing, 'cause I thought that the storyline required this, but surely I had strong will to destroy those bastards !

• Yeah, and those idiot NPC "Defenders" saying you're a fool when you start firing on them. They didn't saw I (and anyone in the SP campaign) gets to have a ship much better than theirs. ^^

Aaanyway, off topic :D