Square Explosions, White textures?

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Duck_Dodgers (SA_SCORPION).

• So I have seen a couple white texture threads, but the either abruptly end, or the OP posts "Fixed it." with no explanation as to how. I have gone through every variation I can think of to try and fix it, and the most that I did was get Trent's white outfit back to normal by choosing "Original Trent" and disabling Advanced Shaders.

Any help would be appreciated.

• mod activation in FLMM with compatibility mode should help

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• mod activation in FLMM with compatibility mode should help

Thanks for the advice, just tried it. Uninstalled everything, used CCleaner to wipe the registry, reinstalled everything, compatibility mode, administrator, still got the same problem.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I think there's just nothing else to be done.

• Try increasing the "Performance" bars to the max if you can and see if there are any changes with those squares. Deactivating Advanced Shaders is advised too, compatibility mode for 128 MB cards should be deactivated if you have one with more MB than that.

Also make sure you got the latest graphic driver for your graphic card.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Try increasing the "Performance" bars to the max if you can and see if there are any changes with those squares. Deactivating Advanced Shaders is advised too, compatibility mode for 128 MB cards should be deactivated if you have one with more MB than that.

Also make sure you got the latest graphic driver for your graphic card.

Thanks for the help, but alas, I still have square explosions and white textures.

I appreciate it, but unless there are any more ideas, I suppose I will go back to Discovery.

• So you have the Performance bars at the max, Advanced Shaders (when activating the mod) off, and if your G Card is bigger than 128 MB, you have compatibility mode disabled ... and it still shows white white square explosions ?

If the "white textures" also refer to other stuff than the explosions, like bases and ships, then, before activating, untick the "Read only" property from FL folder itself and everything inside, so that FLMM can edit the needed files (which are more files than normal ).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• probably just the texture file is missing

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• First post. Thanks for making Crossfire - I'm impressed. I measure all other similar genre games against Freelancer, and they always fall short ... but I had no idea there were so many other fans out there or that a modding community existed at all until this week - boy, have I been missing out.

Unfortunately I'm experiencing similar issues to those described in this thread. I've tried pretty much all of the options described here without success. Any thoughts? I'm happy to help you isolate the culprit - if you're interested, but I'm not super tech savvy, so bear with me.

Here are a couple of images (square, white explosions, missing clothing textures / white trent, white bar, juni, etc...)

missing clothing textures.JPG missing textures.JPG

• Hi "Hello Operator" :)

... for your problem: did you remove "read only" attribute from FL folder after you installed vanilla? ... if not, can happen that some files were not overwritten during mod activation.
    Second options: try to look here: Information: How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer

..and can be good idea also search and update your graphics card drivers to last version.

• No luck so far; although, I admittedly am having some difficulty understanding how to modify that configuration file for my graphics card. I don't see an AMD family of cards listed, nor do I see an appropriate ATI card listed to reference/compare with.

What I have done is:

1) update drivers

2) Remove "read-only" attribute from associated folders/subfolders.

3) Ccleaner and clean install everything several times with multiple activation options (including compatibility mode for 128 MB cards)

My GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7000 series.

Any other ideas? Or can you help me understand how to modify that config file?

Thanks.

• bedebedebede ... what's up, Duck?

Thanks so much, man. I'm looking forward to trying your solution.

*edit to my previous post ... Radeon HD 7900 series not 7000 series - don't know that it matters

• Duck ... thanks. I really appreciate it.

I downloaded the .ini file ... then I started freelancer without it just to make sure I knew my current build state. It works fine. No white anything. I don't get it, but I'm happy it's working - I have no idea what changed ... maybe a recent patch?

Sorry to any who were hoping to find a magical solution to similar lack of textures by following this thread ... pfm. The only thing I did different was to try to run freelancer from a user account rather than an admin account ... then I tried running it from the admin account like I had been doing previously - it works fine on both.

Good luck to any looking for related solutions and thanks to all for helping me out.