To much money from trading & other things. Way to lower it?

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• I really like crossfire sp alot, however I find that its way to easy to make money trading in single player. I can buy some commodities for $93 and then sell them for over 1k. I don't find that very immersive o.O especially considering the buy and sell points are in the same system.

Is there a way to lower the amount of money that can be make via trading? While on that note lowering money received for pretty much anything? Call me old fashion'd but I think its unrealistic to finish your first mission and get like 50k, allowing you to buy any of the vanilla ships pretty much instantly.

Perhaps an ini or installation file or something?

I like the progression of the vanilla game, but I like the AI improvements in Crossfire and the graphics etc. If there isn't a way to do this does anyone know a good AI improvement mod for vanilla so I can have the same progression but harder opponents with shield regen and what not?

Thanks.

• Hello Porthos,

welcome here on portal. To your question: problem is, that SP and MP have the same market (dynamic economy) and prices which change each day (this are in files uploaded via launcher). And imo this is also reason why I think is not possible alter prices as you are asking. Beside this are also others ways how to acquire moneys in CF (like selling escape pods in prisons). FYI: for fully equipped fighter with everything in MP you need cca 300M. ... for BSs even more (up to 500M). This mean you have rly what to do if you want have in MP your ships fully equipped. For SP can be maybe done something but this for next version (CF 2.0 if SWAT_OP-R8R, mod creator, will want allow this).

p.s.: btw nice "request" ... not many ppl ask about slow down money gain ;) ...

• Yeah it's the first time I see somebody saying that money is too easy to earn.

But commodities take more than 1 cargo space now, so 900$ profit / item, counting that an item can take several times it's original cargo space, is not really profitable for MP.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• But commodities take more than 1 cargo space now,...

Here I only want to add that commodities can take now 0,5 - 2,5 cargo unit.

• That's right, though the ones under 1 cargo space are usually very cheap and not a good item to consider trading. I missed this detail :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• now thats something new
    a player which says that money making is too easy... that does not happen often
    mostly the people claim the opposite

This thread belongs marked, set to favorite or whatever so i find it next time somebody tries to tell me that its hard to make money.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Lol very good point Huor. 8|

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.

• He didn't came on since 1 minute after he made that post ... guess it's too late for the advises for now.

• Why don't you come join us in MP, make lots of money and see how long it lasts :D Here you need money because of combat costs, helping others and the list goes on. Besides, you will have more fun than just cruising all by yourself.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Sorry for the late reply. Was looking for this post the next day but the site had gone down, and I was looking in the wrong place thought I had posted in general, derp.

But yes I do plan on joining you all in multi-player soon, just want a play-through of the SP campaign first :D

Ah so the SP economy is directly tied into the server economy? That is interesting o.o

It just seems like.. way to much money in SP for both trading and for campaign missions. Is there a way to reduce campaign mission income by possibly replacing the mission config files?

People complain about to little money in SP? Wat o.O

I also so people complaining about the AI being to good.. Dunno what they are smoking, must not play space sims lul

• Well, most people want money, no matter how much.

But during the campaign it shouldnt be easy to get the next levels without knowing details about what you can do and where you have to go to get the best money.

• Something I am going to try:

Installing crossfire, but keeping my original installation in a copied folder. Once crossfire is installed I am going to replace certain config files and see what results I get. I am also going to turn off my internet connection during this so the server does not update the files in question whenever I run the game.

If one of the mod writers could point me in the write direction of which files to replace? Just interested in the commodities and mission rewards, already found the random mission rewards files I think.

Of course once I start playing with you guys I will completely re-install so its 100% crossfire for the multi-player.

You know its funny, I took a look at Discovery, sure they have a bigger crowd but... they can't match crossfire's features. IMHO

• Alright I am pretty sure I found all the config files I needed to change to adjust:

MBases.ini: For bribes
    Diff2Money.ini: for random missions
    Market_commodities.ini: For comodities.
    storylvl.ini for the amount needed to lvl

Everytime I launch the game I will just turn my network con off.

I found the reward line in the config file for mission 1 a, but not for any of the others? Where should I look.

Also if you feel I am leaving anything out please tell me.

Once done with the default campaign I will restore the settings to match the crossfire campaign so I can actually afford some the of the new ships.

• Interesting :) ... maybe it can be used as "low money mod" for CF SP or something for 2.0 in activation options? ... but this need OPs approval and is question how many ppl will want use it :|

• I was just planning on using it, didn't think there would be a big crowd. I mean there are fundamental problems with it. It makes acquiring any of the new ships almost impossible because of the income (Unless I go in an reprice them which would be hard to accurately scale balance wise). Also to play on the server you'd need to reinstall. Trust me I have no intention of trying to take credit or make something out of OP's work. I just making a temporary tweak to make my single-player more to my satisfaction.

Everything seems to work although I'm afraid to mess with the mission files as it might screw up the Improved AI, but that's what backups are for. I still wish I knew which files controlled the reward amount for the campaign missions so I didn't have to worry about it if anyone knows.

• You should have enough by increasing the numbers at storylvl.ini , the missions shouldn't matter, but if you want to take it further, you can edit the numbers at the NPCs that give missions (making them smaller), at "MBASES.ini".

There are hundreds of variables though, and the missions themselves are not this easy to touch.

I think it should be enough by letting everything the same way, and increasing the numbers at storylvl.ini, if you need 5 mills to rank up, you can't lower the awards and prices at other items. It should be realistic enough since prices in the future are bigger, and those commodities are in tonnes.

• to change the relative trade-balance editing the base prices in goods.ini might make more sense.
    This way you can let the launcher update market_commodities from time to time to still enjoy the dynamic economy.

good luck with your project :)

Characters: SA_WHISKY and all simlar (SA_something_WHISKY)

• Thanks for the input guys.

Just thought I'd let y'all know I've accomplished my goals via ini editing. Everything is vanilla as far as trading, bribes, mission and campaign rewards. I changed the storylvl so it takes 6 times longer than vanilla between missions. Everything seems to be running fine. Left the new equipment and ship prices because I like them better (for the vanilla stuff anyway) :-)

• Allright, have fun exploring and fighting :D

Anyway, I hope you didn't replace FL inis with the CF ones until getting the right result, as in the new bases and such, you may get errors.