Posts by Porthos

Yep I will join ya'll eventually, still playing sp. About to make the crossover from original story to crossfire story. Only two ships I've found that I can afford with my tweaks so far is the Trident and the Swashbuckler lols.

I'm actually kind of surprised (being a first time freelancer) that they left out trading missions. I mean Privateer had trading missions, and that game was much older.. I was actually kind of disappointed when I found out.

Also for those of you worrying about it. This idea was for single player. I understand that its not feasible in pvp multi-player, just not economical enough.

Only problem I have run into so far was on this mission:

Yes, I know there are several threads about it already. Although I was wondering is the music used in the crossfire intro trailer with those packs? Because that music is epic. The Chorus style trailer music?

<3 OP

{Edit: Thanks Forlon, for anyone wondering, this is it:} [video]

[/video]

Nope didn't replace Ini's, just edited them. Actually only one that gets updated that I changed was the commodities it seems. I left all the ships, bases, weapons, misc alone. Once I'm done with the campaign I'll upload my changes here if OP is okay with it. Want to fully test them. Keep in mind this will make buying any crossfire ships almost impossible, so after a while you might want to change it back, especially before the crosssfire campaign. This is mainly to make the early game more rewarding as far as progress.

Thanks for the input guys.

Just thought I'd let y'all know I've accomplished my goals via ini editing. Everything is vanilla as far as trading, bribes, mission and campaign rewards. I changed the storylvl so it takes 6 times longer than vanilla between missions. Everything seems to be running fine. Left the new equipment and ship prices because I like them better (for the vanilla stuff anyway) :-)

I was just planning on using it, didn't think there would be a big crowd. I mean there are fundamental problems with it. It makes acquiring any of the new ships almost impossible because of the income (Unless I go in an reprice them which would be hard to accurately scale balance wise). Also to play on the server you'd need to reinstall. Trust me I have no intention of trying to take credit or make something out of OP's work. I just making a temporary tweak to make my single-player more to my satisfaction.

Everything seems to work although I'm afraid to mess with the mission files as it might screw up the Improved AI, but that's what backups are for. I still wish I knew which files controlled the reward amount for the campaign missions so I didn't have to worry about it if anyone knows.

Alright I am pretty sure I found all the config files I needed to change to adjust:

MBases.ini: For bribes
    Diff2Money.ini: for random missions
    Market_commodities.ini: For comodities.
    storylvl.ini for the amount needed to lvl

Everytime I launch the game I will just turn my network con off.

I found the reward line in the config file for mission 1 a, but not for any of the others? Where should I look.

Also if you feel I am leaving anything out please tell me.

Once done with the default campaign I will restore the settings to match the crossfire campaign so I can actually afford some the of the new ships.

Something I am going to try:

Installing crossfire, but keeping my original installation in a copied folder. Once crossfire is installed I am going to replace certain config files and see what results I get. I am also going to turn off my internet connection during this so the server does not update the files in question whenever I run the game.

If one of the mod writers could point me in the write direction of which files to replace? Just interested in the commodities and mission rewards, already found the random mission rewards files I think.

Of course once I start playing with you guys I will completely re-install so its 100% crossfire for the multi-player.

You know its funny, I took a look at Discovery, sure they have a bigger crowd but... they can't match crossfire's features. IMHO

Sorry for the late reply. Was looking for this post the next day but the site had gone down, and I was looking in the wrong place thought I had posted in general, derp.

But yes I do plan on joining you all in multi-player soon, just want a play-through of the SP campaign first :D

Ah so the SP economy is directly tied into the server economy? That is interesting o.o

It just seems like.. way to much money in SP for both trading and for campaign missions. Is there a way to reduce campaign mission income by possibly replacing the mission config files?

People complain about to little money in SP? Wat o.O

I also so people complaining about the AI being to good.. Dunno what they are smoking, must not play space sims lul

I really like crossfire sp alot, however I find that its way to easy to make money trading in single player. I can buy some commodities for $93 and then sell them for over 1k. I don't find that very immersive o.O especially considering the buy and sell points are in the same system.

Is there a way to lower the amount of money that can be make via trading? While on that note lowering money received for pretty much anything? Call me old fashion'd but I think its unrealistic to finish your first mission and get like 50k, allowing you to buy any of the vanilla ships pretty much instantly.

Perhaps an ini or installation file or something?

I like the progression of the vanilla game, but I like the AI improvements in Crossfire and the graphics etc. If there isn't a way to do this does anyone know a good AI improvement mod for vanilla so I can have the same progression but harder opponents with shield regen and what not?

Thanks.