FreeLancer 2 By Chris Reberts ??? There's going to be an anoucement on October.

There are 170 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cygna.

• ... and for sure he does not need to show that the PC games are not dead

Less than two weeks ago, I reached out to the gaming community to help me prove that the PC game wasn’t dead.

who does he think he is?
    Every fucking year thousands of PC games are released... more than for any other platform.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• he better should change his flight jacket with a straight jacket after making such stupid comments

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• .... :D Oh yes, the first minutes of Outlander are not very good ......... you had to resist.

Genre is not dead and wont be dead if Chris fails with his approach.

Actually, I tried to said it several posts ago. New or not is what he creating - no matter.

Every fucking year thousands of PC games are released... more than for any other platform.

Strange... and too large quantity of potential good games are currently releasing for X-BOX and something else.

Ok. I'm giving it up. My vocabulary was not enough to explain exactly what I mean and only caused feling of blaming. Not what I wanted to convey to your mind...

But anyways... be careful.
    Too desperate attempts to save something dearest can sometimes result in unforeseen consequences.

Consider this a hint.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• Well, it's just that people think Gaming consoles are for games, and PCs are for something else.

afGun,

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• Well, it's just that people think Gaming consoles are for games, and PCs are for something else.

Open an XBox, and what do you find................................ a PC

PC gaming will never die, it will out surpass ANY game console,, ANY day.

I should know, i have had them all, and have sold them all, but guess what ?????

I STILL HAVE A FRAGGING PC.

3 laptops ( 1 state of the art ) and this old PB imedia Pro which i am using now, to be exact.
    *Cygna looks around* But NO game Consoles i can see, as i concider them for KIDS only.

Oh hang on, the PS3 addons, A keyboard, a mouse, a web cam, wifi this wifi that, no doubt
    a printer, but hang on, this is a games console, PC is dead, right, long live the Console...errr i don't think
    so, PS3 still a PC in a nice shiny black box, and that goes for the rest of them...

I don't see a Freelancer clone for the PS3 on the shelves at any outlet.. ( and i don't count Mass Effect )

With the right rig and setup, your PC will piss over ANY Gaming Console Ever... Pure fact.

Now i await the Console nerds attack on my post... ;) <----- Winking means i jest, just in case u have difficulty
    in understanding me. <----- and that was sarcasam.

Cygna

• ... and for sure he does not need to show that the PC games are not dead

who does he think he is?

I think he cancelled his monthly magazine subscription to Computer Active 10 yrs ago OP.
    He is out of touch, just like all of the politicians around the world.

Chris Roberts, the New Messiah of the PC Gaming world, all hail our savior. :rolleyes: i don't think......

Cygna

• reality loss if you ask me

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah Cygna, consoles can't do what other consoles can, but PC can do everything any console can, and more.

Anyway, new space sci-fi/sim games are always welcomed :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• @/V\ichael:
    I am glad that you understand what I mean.

how do you find such videos though

I just like the dragons (but not the whole fantasy genre...) :)

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• Anyway, new space sci-fi/sim games are always welcomed :D

Yes, i would applaud any new Space sim game, no really i would!!
    But Roberts new game is just Wing Commander re-named as Squadron 42/Space Citizen,
    all polished up and re-packed bc of as he put it " Due to the new technology, i can now do what i wanted to acheive "
    And to keep it interesting for others who do not like WC, he has put a bit of his Freelancer
    freedom in it to entice us in.

Anyone with an ounce of sense can see what he is doing and saying.

As you know i have played a shit load of Space Sim Games, X held me for a long while, but when i discovered
    Freelancer, it manages to tick all the right boxes for me, and i wont look back.

Freelancer has and still does, the potential for amazing storylines and restructuring, why he cant see that, i don't know.

What Freelancer/Crossfire needs, is a new game engine, which in turn could make it the BEST space sim out there.

If i had the skills,and knowhow, this is what the future holds imho, the best way a space sim should be.

Rgds

Cygna

• By what I've seen in the images, it's pretty much like Freelancer (as the space, is simple, or at least in the images he's releasing, before barely starting on the game).

• .... The advantage of consoles is that they never have problems ............. the computer often has trouble ......... you must maintain its OS clean and well working ............. Damn ! .......... how much I hate computers ......... I made on average one formatting per year.

• the only problem a computer can have is sitting keyboard and chair

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

you must maintain its OS clean and well working

Not so often. My previous system worked well almost 5 years and was cleaned only 2 times.

I made on average one formatting per year.

Stupid question: Why?

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• its not going to be like FL

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• But FL could be going to prototype of it.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way