FreeLancer 2 By Chris Reberts ??? There's going to be an anoucement on October.

There are 170 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cygna.

• Uhm... Guys I think yeah, You read the part about mods in his Site?

• A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
    • Single Player – Offline or Online
      (Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
    • Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
    • Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
    • No Subscriptions
    • No Pay to Win

A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.

-> not FL

Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
    Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)

-> translation: the game world can only be played on the official server... limited versions are free to be hosted

in an interview it was said how the MP part will be working... and like mentioned before you can expect an instance driven MP support (anything else is technically impossible on large scales)

it also is said that you better have a good joystick and can make good use of it in order to win a pvp

then it also is said that the gameworld has different zones
    zones close to earth are non-pvp zones... with heavy police forces... only the zones far away are zones where action can take place

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• .... The advantage of consoles is that they never have problems ............. the computer often has trouble ......... you must maintain its OS clean and well working ............. Damn ! .......... how much I hate computers ......... I made on average one formatting per year.

Wrong!

Take the PS3, You load a game onto its hard drive like a computer, you play online like a computer,.
    When u have finished playing the game, you un-install the game like a computer.
    Same goes for the Xbox.

Game consoles like PS3 and Xbox, keep little bits of information in its memory ( Registry, if u like )
    and over time, like a PC it gets corrupted and you have to do a reg clean, but NOT on the PS3.
    You have to wipe the whole HD in the PS3 and start again ( call this re-install of OS, like the PC )

Remember, not forgetting all the pic's and music u have put on it too which can cause a problem,
    Consoles don't have the protection like PC's do, well we all know that PSN been hacked and now for
    a third time so as ppl can play pirated PS3 games online, SO not very safe.
    Lets not forget the over heating problems that consoles have too, they get very hot and the processor
    pops from the board, and the jamming of disks and the dreaded yellow light to tell you that you have
    a serious hardware malfuction.

I format my computers once a year also, not bc of a problem, but to ensure there are no nasties on it
    and to start with a fresh Registry. Cleaners don't do it for me i am afraid.

So before you moan how high maintenance a PC is, please remember Consoles are a bigger headache when
    they go wrong.

Rgds

Cygna

Edited 2 times, last by Cygna: Additional ().

• Consoles were ment to be only for games, but now the ones like Xbox or PS have online capacity, you can chat with people through them, see videos, the internet, a lot of things from the PCs, that were forced to be added since not enough people buy whole consoles only for games, and they weren't going to survive like that.

The professional ones know what's best.
    Especially since, with emulators, you can even play Gameboy Pro games on PC, or Nintendo DS... PS3 games too.

Also, as it's only about money with the consoles, the console itself like PS3 only costs like 150 € here (a lot cheaper than PCs), but each new game costs half of that. Games with 50 € or 70 €... the new PC games cost from 15€ to 30€ (by what I've seen here).
    So with the ammount of money you spend for a console + 10 games, you can buy the best PC arround and never spend a fortune on each game, also there are more torrented PC games and such. Modding's still a PC exclusive feature.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• Consoles were ment to be only for games, but now the ones like Xbox or PS have online capacity, you can chat with people through them, see videos, the internet, a lot of things from the PCs, that were forced to be added since not enough people buy whole consoles only for games, and they weren't going to survive like that.

The professional ones know what's best.
    Especially since, with emulators, you can even play Gameboy Pro games on PC, or Nintendo DS... PS3 games too.

Also, as it's only about money with the consoles, the console itself like PS3 only costs like 150 € here (a lot cheaper than PCs), but each new game costs half of that. Games with 50 € or 70 €... the new PC games cost from 15€ to 30€ (by what I've seen here).
    So with the ammount of money you spend for a console + 10 games, you can buy the best PC arround and never spend a fortune on each game, also there are more torrented PC games and such. Modding's still a PC exclusive feature.

Exactly Mike, i left that detail out, as i thought it was obvious, but you know what console ppl are like,
    you have to remind them, time and time again... ;)

Hands up, all who had a SEGA Mega Drive, and then payed up to £50 a game and sometimes more... :nummer1:
    Well...they were Game Console's in the right sense.
    Anything Cartridge based IS a Game Console.....in order of manufacture...

Atari 9000 ( i think it was called )
    Nintendo
    Sega Mega Drive
    " " Genesis, for USA
    SNES

others i cant remember , but oc u had the hand held Consoles, Di, DSi etc etc

All above Are Consoles,
    The PS3 and XBox are Multi-Cross platform Game Systems, PC's in a small box
    that don't deserve to be called Game Consoles imo, that their main reason for life is just for games
    only, but have an aspect of a PC so us PC users may find them worth a buy, but still they were only
    a computer in a nice box.

They are good, but no where near as versatile as a PC.

Game Consoles to me, mean the Cartridge based one's only !!

Rgds

Cygna

• ..... Thanks, never known, Cygna, about these consoles problems ....... I never had one, of course ...... ( only the Atari 2600 when I was a child ) .....
    And the friends of mine ( better say the sons of the friends of mine ) that have one, never spoken about this, and they always say what's much better the console for gaming.

All my friends expert about computers use clean programs and say that they are necessary.
    The moment I started to use them I have noticed some Gbs of trash removed. And especially the OS, which was significantly slower, as fast as it was just installed.

Edited once, last by Rexor: Add comment ().

• The OS, well, Windows or Linux, never get slower and never get filled with junk data if you don't install/uninstall programs. Programs counting everything installable, from games up to Microsoft Photoshop.

It gets slowly cookie data while you are on the internet, but slowly. Everything else that appears is by/because of the user, not the OS.

And stuff like CCleaner can solve months of junk data in a minute :D While you do it periodically, there won't be critical errors neither the need for formatting.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• TUNE UP UTILITIES SUCK o_O And guys we re getting a lil bit of topic, LOL we were talking about Chris ROberts and his project Start Citizen Squadron 42 :) And about Freelancer 2 :DD Please let's stay on this one. Now you'll probably say We re talking about that, about the Console thing, but I kinda think like this is more going in the way which cleaner programm is the best <_<

• Uh, i read all...huh...SC S42 wil be great game or not i really dont care.

Support Crossfire , it will be better than this glorious space game which might come after two years.

Also best wishes to RSI dude.

• ........... :D Because perhaps it's more interesting talk about computer care than of a game that's far from being released. :D:D:D

• ........... :D Because perhaps it's more interesting talk about computer care than of a game that's far from being released. :D:D:D

:thumbup:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• @ R@F1

thanks for the tip about CCleaner. it looks to be a neat little programme. have just downloaded it and will let you know how i get on with it.

cheers

Ray OK

• Unfortunatly a lot of money doesn't guarantee a good game.

..and in this "special" case, even doesn't give a guarantee of a timey or even final release. :S

His last "work" had to (and still IS) to be finished, finallized and PEFECTED elsehwere. ...HERE

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• lol, damn right
    we have to fix the crap that he did ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I want Freelancer 2 and not a Wing comander / Black Prophecy clone...

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited once, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK: - ().

• Simply stay on here....

at least we know that HIS project won't be any Freelancer 2 ^^