Sad News

There are 57 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Soul.Eater.

• Greetings pilots,
    i have sad news for those who actually like me or whatever but i think I need to take a break from the current situation on the Crossfire mod cause it does not make any fun at the time, no players, no challenges, no RP and this is making me really sad. Crossfire has so much potential but i dont know why or how it could happen, that just a few months after it's release it went so badly for the mod :( :( :(
    so i will be abscent from the server for about 4 weeks from now on in the hope that things will change in this time.
    But i still try to do some efforts in the moddelling for CF2.0 as i may have some ideas for it.
    I also want to try out Discovery (yeah you guys all hate it because it sucks or whatever reason you have, dunno) and the MP of Shattered worlds: war torn as this mod has also some potential as i figured it out in its SP.
    So good luck guys in refreshing the glory of the once prettiest mod of freelancer
    all hail to Crossfire

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• I will only say this. I logged on several times this week only to see 20 people online.... at least 10, each time were in the arena ( mostly pirates ), while there were plenty of freelancers about to make rp. But you people choose to stay in the arena instead of being out in the systems and doing what is supposed to be done. And as soon as the "pvp" or "event" was done, they all logged out and Lone, you were one of those people.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• if the situation remains the server will close

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Gunny: yes it's true, i was on the events, but not to just do pvp, but to have some fun, cause the server set events are one of the last holds where players are willing to join. so you blame me for doing this? are you retarded? and yes i went offline after these events cause i live in germany and it is always nearly midnight when they finish and sometimes i like to sleep, you know?
    and that i just sit in arena doing pvp is simply not true. where were you the last days? i have seen no cfpd the last days except blue.star doin pvp in arena... so dont fucking blame me without having any idea what is really going on, mate. i have done several rp's, the last days i was just online with Ridley trying to do some pirate stuff, but how can it be worth when over 90% of the online player are below rank 50, speaking barely english or dont even know server rules or the rest of the players are somewhere in IC or Altair... i dont willing to do this effort, travelling for hours just to get shot, no way. on this day i taxed about 20-25ppl in 4-5h and what was the result from that? ridiculously 3mil payment... this cant be, with podding or smuggling i could have done mils of credits in this time... it's the same problem with cops and mercs, the average wage of a cop or a merc goes to 0 - so tell me, where is the attraction? nobody is hiring a merc for anything or due to the lack of clanmembers online (for example IOC/TGT) cops have less to do. The lack of players itself is the worst problem, i see, so imo if the clans do not refresh themselves and showing more presence on the server the RP is going to die, what i have senn the last days and when the RP dies the mod will die, has hard has this sounds, but RP is the thing that makes the mod to what it is. I just dont want to waste my time in doing actually nothing but strafing through space and this makes me some kinda sad, guys :(
    I dont want to complain, but i just wanted to give you my oppinion about the situation on the server.
    Though if there is something important are really serious going on on the server - then let me know i'll try to get there asap.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Well, no one here, on the forum has bad intentions, so no need to fight for something done by us, it's more than useless, it's negatively damaging the good ones ;)

Even if one of us does something wrong in somebody else's eye, you could speak privately and/or nicely.
    The ones who purposedly damage things won't listen anyway, so don't waste your and other reader's time with them.

This is a bad moment for the server because there are no studens/scholars arround, most of the young people are very busy now due to end of year tests and exams and such.

That's mainly all.

Proof of this is a general thing, for all servers not only for CF (cus of RP or such reasons), is that we are STILL top 3 server, from all Freelancer ones.
    Today's stats, and counting it's TUESDAY !
    1 -- 95.84 -- Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7
    2 -- 11.83 -- Discovery PTC "Relaxed RP" 24/7
    3 -- 9.08 -- 24/7 SWAT Crossfire Roleplay

We are easely dealing with top 2... 2-3 players as media can be fixed if we do some event today.

So instead of fighting eachother seeing who did something wrong, and ruining eachother's fun, try and have fun with the few you can find these days. You won't find something much better arround, for FL. Even Discovery fell down with over 40 players as media.

Also, any player can do any type of event by himself if he's up to it, can call everyone online (1 by 1, not that hard for now), and have some bigger battle, or blockade, RP model, whatever you want in that moment.

Youth's power ;)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• Michael, my friend, I dont say that I leave crossfire for good, but i need to take a little brake from it, need a repaint or something, thats why im going to test some other mods as their is also no bad intention there, so i hope to see you guys soon back on the server ;)
    i'll remain on the forums so you can contact me any time you wish, if you have anything interesting or just want to do some chatter-stuff :)

• If you notice I didn't pointed at anyone, neither you Lonewolf ;)

You are free to explore as you wish. Just remember where your home is ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the FL community is dying
    people go to discovery because there are many players... and other communities around die because of that
    diversity once was the strength in FL... every fish that swims with the stream destroyes this strength
    and in the end even discovery will die... for the fact that discovery is not a mod that attracts new players (which have not played FL MP before)

everyone can make his own decision... and everyone pays the price for them
    you consider your decision a good one... maybe you should consider that if everyone thinks like you there will be nothing left that you can return to

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Lone: hm home... and where's that now?
    Mike: Crossfire, Lone. You can do a lot of good there.
    Lone: Home, in Crossfire? You know, that doesn't sound so bad now...now if I could still get a good Sidewinder Fang ^^

• @OP, im just this desperate being nearly the only one, despite some others, on the server trying to achieve something for weeks now, but the tendency is falling below critical... as i said, clans have to refresh themselves because there are so many good pilots out there, but due to some issues they cant play or whatever their reasons are... so just let me take my break, ok?

Edit by
    btw there are a lot of new rookies on the server, and they might stay for a little longer, as i cant foresee it, but if they do, they can have achieved something in the next 4 weeks and maybe the situation has changed then to the goog, we will see.

Edit by
    Update: oh what a coincidence, i met our old pal Firedragon :)

Edited 2 times, last by [SOC]Lonewolf: da boss ().

• im not pulling this server out of the dirt again
    either the players take up responsibility and do whatever is neccessary to put it back on track or we accept the failure

i see absolutely no reason ot invest my time and money to work for something while the people this mod was made for just bail out

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• A couple of things from me and if no one likes it, too bad.

1. This time of year, we generally get a little slow due to our younger crowd getting out of school or going through exams, then we pick back up again.

2. There are plenty of Freelancers in CF that are not being rp'd by the criminals, because the criminals stay in the arena and wait for the cops to show up in X. Why? Because the pirates are lazy and think that attacking police is their only way. I will state that {LP} pirates do patrol for trader victims in all systems.

3. Merc work on CF has always been a poor choice. The only "successful" mercs were PX, but that was only due to them taking sides with Pirates & Criminals to assault police, so in truth, that was just another example of piracy in disguise.

4. Police have always been historically low in numbers, because we don't make a lot of credits due to our rp.

5. Making billions of credits is not the key to success on CF, because there really isn't anything to spend it on except for ships and ammo. We can't build anything here, ( stations, bases, etc ), with our credits so why need them? Some will say you need them to build a big clan, well no you don't, but the correct answer is: You want billions so you can PAY people to be in your clan to make their life easier and GIVE them everything they need instead of constructing a successful team together.

6. The Gangster mentality that has plagued CF for the past 3 years has finally ruined what we have. So many of you spent days on here intentionally ganging up on new players in a variety of actions which drove them away from here and to Discovery, where they are essentially protected or limited to their rp of choice. When people actually do their role play, abide by the rules and respect other players, the population is normally in good-standing.

7. Blaming everyone else but yourself is another one. This seems to be a disease that has infiltrated most of our young people today, always blaming someone else for their failures or the problems, rather than taking any responsibility for what they do.

When you don't engage in rp or only show up for events, then it's not the fault of everyone else, it's yours.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• i agree with the first 4 points of you, gunny
    i dont know if i get this right, but are you blaming me for blaming others of their failures? are you assuming that i ONLY show up for events?
    i dont know WHERE you get your information basis, but i was the last days online for several hours trying to do some rp in the open worlds, but as you said there are so many freelancers out there, freelancers who as i said in the posts before, dont know CF and therefore it makes no sense doing wide-spectrum rp to them, for example, a few days ago i was on the hunt with Ridley of you call them freelancers, doing MY rp but what have they done? instantly opened fire, regened and insulted me for why i bother them with my shit... so now tell me again i dont do anything on the server but pvp in the arena... go online yourself, check it by yourself, i havent seen you online for weeks... so stop talking such bullshit to me, thus i know what i can do and what i cant do or what i have to do or what not...
    i was willing to do RP in an appropriate manner, but this ship has sailed!
    as to point 4 the police-rp, maybe we have little police officers, but we have CFPD, UR, BG and some freelancing cops, but where are they all, can you tell me??

• Well Lonewolf, Gunny is on USA's timezone, so practically he starts playing when you leave the server.

It's complicated for you to meet, and he keeps seeing how you log off.

That's mainly all.

You alreayd told you did RP, taxing 20-25 people... but well, the tax ammount is up to you for the earnings.

• Imo - if there are no serious community meetings then nothing can be adjusted. Everyone is waiting for another to start to do something.
    That will not work.

I have seen Lonewolf online, and he did rp me. Absolutely no reason to bother him for not doing RP. Actually he was one of the less people (i can count on one hand) who tried to engage me!
    We have to stop to accuse either police, pirates, merc or smugglers for failing. We all have our part in it. Aside if we do not cooperate to get the server back on track - then it will not last long to keep up the server.

Some of you accuse OP or the dev team for not doing this or that (last example is the trade thing). The cloak, ship stats, lag, etc pp. Surely its probably not perfect for everyone. But it would help more to give proper feedback instead of badmouthing about something is not perfect.

We have to openly talk about problems, where to start - but we just dont have to talk about it. We have to start to do something against the current situation!

signature.png

• i couldnt have said it any better, huor! the community itself needs to do something for the crossfire, when everyone pulls together it should work.
    along the lines of "Dont ask what the crossfire can do for you, ask what you can do for crossfire!"

• My comments were in "general" terms, not pointed to one specific player. But I forgot that around here we have to be specific or people take it personally. And Mike, it has nothing to do with my timezone.

• For me, it did.

I only seen you when you entered the game at midday (for you) or when I stood until awake until Very late. By when I'm already not capable to do much...

• another meeting where i waste my time? no thx
    i was the only one attending the last meeting and the jobs from the meeting before that are also not done by the community

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well it looks I missed this thread bcs old profile setting (facepalm ;)).

... but I strongly disagree with Gunny that mercenary is bad choice. Its matter of imagination and 'do not give up' thinking. I actually posted something what I had in mind for some time and wanted post today (not knowing about this thread). Always is possible to do something, only sometimes such things need time, preparations and goals which are wishing to achieve.

[SOC]Lonewolf: well, it looks our chances for succesfull comercial activity are bigger with your absence ;)