Sad News

There are 57 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Soul.Eater.

• Don't know what to say.I returned to freelancer crossfire only to see how this community is dying out. And this game has so much. Or maybe had. Installed Skyrim and came across a MOD STORM. Thousands of mods and other user created contend showed me where the focus of attention of the global gaming community IS. Yesterday i saw announcement of crysis 3. Saw the grafics and understood where this is going. In a couple of years games will be so realistic as reality itself.

For the developers of games they dont care about cpu, gpu. Quantum computer lie ahead. Will i be playing freelancer crossfire then? Probaly not, well maybe on an IPad10 as a flash application.

I loved freelancer for the basis it layed for multiplayer interactions. You could be anything you wanted, strife and squeem for power, protect your buddy traders will they made loads of money for upcomming and ongoin all out wars. Making friends, allegiances enemies. There were times i woke up , logged in and did noting but chat on the freelance servers, didnt even undock.

As i watch freelancer now, i see that a lot of the game content is future pointed. At the time of development lot of thing werent possible so they simmulated it. Voice chat, radio channels, well we all know its just audio samples, Video chat, its nice to see how the diffrent factions drawn. Nowadays i have a webcam in my labtop and a mic, my inet connection is powerfull enough for such things. Nowadays most ppl have this,it can and should be implemented into games. A comprehensive wiki on starsystems their inhabitants, yes it was in the game before wikipedia was on the internet. The game was groundbreaking for it's many visionary concepts and interface.

It isnt hard to see why so many people got enthusiastic as OP was and started modding roleplaying to immerse themselfes in it. I love modding, i love open communities , open source. I've seen game engines where you can fly through space to systems, land on planets start walking and seewaterfalls ocean,mountain from the ground in every view you want 1person, free cam anyting,

OP is frustrated and i understand, i would be as well. But OP you have to keep in mind that no matter how great this game is. Developments in software and hardware have gone so incredible fast that anything you create can be seen as just a seed for another development. Computers and software are already outdated when they arrive on the market. Frustrating for developers? yes for some but most are just awed and wanna explore the future waiting for the next development and for those people it cannot go fast enough. Like me. Ms developers understood this charachter trade of mankind and made a game of it, freelancer.

You know what i realy want OP? I want a game universe inspired on the book series of Jack Vance, the Demon princes. If you dont know them, read, you'll love it. In a way its already in freelancer as you go to the outer rims of space you go to the peripherals of society where law and order hasnt arrived yet, populated by people who dont want it to arrive.

Enough said, i lied actualy, i do know what to say.

As for freelancer crossfire , im sticking for a while with it, just to see whats happening, wishing for a game just like it but much much better, i'm sticking with this game because i havent found it yet. I hope , no i know one day i will.

• DOOM II still live. Homeworld still live. Half-Life still live. Even Starcraft, Diablo, Counter Strike, Quake and also X-Com, Dune II and many other games are still live.
    I can give you many links to see the communities much older than CF. But they are not dying. And I can give you to compare, the links to much younger communities but dying somehow.

Technology? Yes, it will never stop to progress. But the game will never die, while someone is still play it and keep it alive.

IMO.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• The best thing for any player to do to bring life to the server is to BE ONLINE! I have been absent a while from the forums specifically because I wanted to maximize my limited gaming time on CF. Now I am seeing more activity, even in my time zone (GMT -7), and for me, at least, the game is getting more interesting again. Maybe I have the advantage of not owning a "smart" phone, so I can own more of my life, instead. People have to choose whether to spend time on marginal activities or invest time in building community. Anyone can entertain themselves by any means at hand, but building something more enduring takes a sense of identity & purpose. I choose to make even my recreation time count for something more than mere personal pleasure; we all benefit when we do so collectively.

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• after a few incidents
    on the server in the last days i will take a break for playing on the server... , i made this post not for crying or complain about nothing is just for those who will notice my absence .

Good bye pilots gfs

• unfortunate

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• after a few incidents
    on the server in the last days i will take a break for playing on the server... , i made this post not for crying or complain about nothing is just for those who will notice my absence .

Good bye pilots gfs

what happened?

• Whats upp with all the sad newz? :bcrazy:

i have started playing CF again (at daytime) now that i have gotten the Diablo 3 SP out of my system. :bohsw:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited once, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK: spelling ().

• now granted i dont get on, that doesn't mean i have a decent understanding of what's going on

see, as a former CFPD Officer, and noticing that there is more senseless PvP then there is Role Playing (as it IS a Role Playing server) i do my best to instigate rp as an officer.

For example, at one point, i asked Knightshade to help start some trouble for pure RP purposes. one such instance, i had stopped Knightshade for a broken taillight. since i smelled alcohol, and saw rum vapor leaking from his engine exhaust, i told him to land on whatever planet was nearby so i could perform a proper sobriety test.

instead, he decided to take his chances and thus we embarked on a chase throughout the Sirius Sector. it came to a point in the chase where i hailed a BG soldier and another CFPD Officer and requested backup. about the same time, Knightshade had done the same. from that point, it became a PvP clusterfuck and my fun had been defused because my genius plot to start in character role playing drama (vs "he said she said" drama) became the usual accusations of jumping, hacking, dock killing and BS like that...

what wouldn't i love to see more in the community is a thread someone makes because they want to take their convictions of DUI, DWAI, Hit and Run, Speeding, Drug and Moonshine trafficking and Assualt on a police officer's feelings to Court...well a fictional court in which a player who gets arrested or fined can appeal the ruling and potentially get their 250k credits back (or end up with a heftier fine or prison sentence)

more RP can spawn from that in which pirates can go break into a prison (or system in which the convict is supposed to stay) and bust their comrade out...hell i tried this shit before but people aren't as willing as people think other's are. since Officer's are at a record low, then maybe in order to boost recruitment, they can perform police raids where pirates frequent systems with freelancers and show that one can have fun other than taxing, being taxed or commit violent and random acts of PvP. i'm probably going to get on the server here in a bit. currently, my position as a freelance Mercenary doesn't let me instigate trouble or law-enforcement type actions (well...at least without proper compensation)

• they can perform police raids where pirates frequent systems with freelancers and show that one can have fun other than taxing

Already working on that.

but only 2/9 freelancer is not a merc or pirate so they are rare to find....but i have noted some names and will work on it.

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• Already working on that.

but only 2/9 freelancer is not a merc or pirate so they are rare to find....but i have noted some names and will work on it.

i said what i said with the intentions they'd say "wow, that looked like fun! i wanna join!"

• so, now after +-4weeks on the discovery server i got bored pretty quick and i think i decide to show more presence on the CF server again when i have time to play ;) = good news!^^

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• wb :)