The Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread!

There are 135 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• Well, that was easy, Croatians were all scared in defensive the first part and ganging anyone entering their side, in the second half they went on offensive but for nothing.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well we play very good match vs Spain but we didn't have luck, maybe next time

I see Michael want to talk about sport can someone please open thread with sport he understand like baseball, basketball or American football!!!!

Thanks

• Sorry Bris , you were all animated on this thread until now... but (as you told) your hopes were on Italy being screwed by Ireland and that was next to impossible. I hope Ireland plan some changes for the future... they only scored once, against Croatia.

Spain wasn't trying to score at all as it had no forwards (where Croatia had 3 in the last part), that way both Croatia and Spain would pass but... bad luck, your defences were too weak for being so offensive. Midfielders can also score :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well it's our turn tonight and it won't be easy either. We may have Rooney back, but we will just have to see how things go down, cautiously optimistic is the best way to describe tonight. Ukraine will come at us all guns blazing so we better pay attention.

With regards to the France v Sweden game, the Swedes could do us a favour and beat the French, means we can avoid Spain for at least one more round, assuming we get through of course. Spain didn't seem interested last night and have to say, i thought they were very boring to watch. Croatia did their best, had a few good chances as well but sadly it wasn't to be, maybe next time.

Well done to Spain and Italy, let's see what happens tonight and hopefully we can meet one of those two in the next round :)

• HALF TIME

Ye gods, not if we keep playing like this Huor. We are very average atm, keep giving the ball away, and we have no penetration on the right side. Time for Walcott to come on i think.
    Getting stressed now... Need more beer...

FULL TIME

And yes, we WIN !!!!! Even better news, the Swedes have stuffed France meaning we get Italy in the next round. Should be a great game!. Well done to England and erm, those guys across the channel.

• sorry greece
    had to be done

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes, have to say that was well deserved, even if it was against one of the 'B' teams. Very enjoyable game, well done Germany. Onto tonight's serving, Spain v France. I'm so indifferent about this as tbh, Spain's last game was one of the most boring matches i've ever seen. I can't remember when i last saw a team that couldn't be bothered to score a goal. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing France stuff the Spanish, maybe what they need right now,k bring them back down to earth finally.

• But that didn't happen. Apart from Ribery, France were rubbish last night, didn't seem to try, ran out of ideas, not that they seemed to have any to start with. Oh well, well done Spain...again, be very curious how they do against Portugal, should be a tight game as both teams play the same way.

Tonight's game will be a chess match, at least on paper, haven't seen two teams so evenly matched. Good fun playing against the Italians, always a quality side, anything can happen. With England, it's time to step it up, do they have any left in the tank? As incentive, a semi final against the Germans is waiting, can't ask for anything better. Hope tonight is a great game, looking forward to it.

• Yeah, I'd also like England to beat Italy up to go to the next stage and as well win in the next stage but that'd be hard. Let the best one win ^^

And France tried, but they could barely touch the ball, with no ball, no score.

• Looks like Spiky was right. It was 0 - 0 to the penalties part, then Italy scored 4 out of 5 and won. Well, Italy was more active in the whole game, running most and offensive.

Gratz both teams for a good match ! I never seen such an "extended" game, though I've seen the second half of it.

But Italy lost one of their players due to a yellow card, so it's not sure if they'll do well against Germany, it'll probably be easy for them.

Good match Gibbon :)

• Seems i did expect too much. Imo England was nearly the same way out of ideas than France yesterday. If you want to win a match then you should attack - and not put everything in defense. And another old rule seems to be valid. England wont do any good in penalty shoot-outs. Hmm damn i would too kindly have seen the old time favorite - England vs. Germany - match. Maybe next time.

signature.png

• Hurts to type this but we were utter rubbish, like you said, France in disguise. The better team clearly won and well done Italy. Not sure they have enough left in the tank to beat Germany, only one way to find out. I can't moan about England too much as nobody really expected us to get this far, so overall i have to be happy with the progress we made.