The Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread!

There are 135 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• Holland vs. Denmark now!

Good luck to both sides!

Edit #1: Good moves from Robben 5 minutes before the great goal by Krohn-Dehli!!! Holland 0-1 Denmark!!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

Edited once, last by {LP}50Pack{X}: Blogging ().

• Holland had 73% possession when the Danes scored, totally against the run of play. Much more even towards the end of the first half. Can't see it staying like this mind you. Time for my half time cup of tea methinks

Well that was fun and well played Denmark, entertaining game.

Which is less than can be said about the Germany v Portugal game so far. Worst one yet. Clearly not a Portugese goal as well just before half time, although it did land plum on the line. Remember the rules people, the WHOLE of the ball has to cross the line for it to be regarded as a goal. Hope the second half is an improvement.

• ARRRGGGHHH, typical. One of the most boring games i think i've ever seen. Then Germany score, and Portugal realise they are actually in a game. Even so, expected a lot more from both teams as i thought all the big name players on both sides were average at best. Even Gomez who scored, was utter rubbish until then. Anyway well done to Germany. Tournament can only improve after that dismal match.

• Looking at the Euro news this morning, i see UEFA have charged the Russian Football Federation with regards to the riots after the Czech game. Nice to see the Russians behaving themselves... NOT! They may find themselves playing without a crowd if they are not careful. Idiots :cursing:

• Good job from Denmark on their victory over Holland (1-0) and Germany over Portugal (1-0)!

Today's matchup is from group C:

Spain vs. Italy
    Ireland vs. Croatia

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Looking at the Euro news this morning, i see UEFA have charged the Russian Football Federation with regards to the riots after the Czech game. Nice to see the Russians behaving themselves... NOT! They may find themselves playing without a crowd if they are not careful. Idiots :cursing:

Wow that sucks......... It makes you wonder how the 2018 FIFA World Cup would be like in Russia...

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Germany's football team are playing the wrong game.

Portugal vs Germany was not a "fair play game" was a Mortal Combat round, of the old versions with more punches and less super powers.

I'm ok (even glad) with Portugal losing as I disliked somebody in their team, but the violence there was... well, normal for the last 3 matches I've seen where Germany was on a side.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Open your eyes next time! Its the men's football EM and not women's EM. Many punches from the Portuguese players with their elbows, lot of kicks against the players. From what i have seen, Portuguese players were more aggressive. But if you cannot manage to shoot goals then you probably will not win the game :)
    Muhahahaha :))

signature.png

• So the countries unite in signing in the "Fair Play" game, and you just go break all the rules and also make the referee get "blind".

Well I haven't actually seen that match anyway xD Just some replays at the news.

Anyway, I wonder when it'll be Spain vs Germany, again. Last time (2010 champsionhip I think ) Spain kicked Germany's "macho" ass without having to punch them.

Peace ! V xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Too many brutes in football lately, like Spain vs Italy, Iniesta makes a goal, and 1 minute later some guy nearly breaks his leg, it was just that he failed and came too slow, else it was red card for that guy, but worse for Iniesta.

Obviously not accidental, what a coincidence... in the same minute one makes a goal he gets attacked.

Well, Italy had good luck :P

• If we just talk about what happened on the field of play yesterday, the Spain v Italy game and the result, it seemed fair for both teams. What upsets me with any of these two teams, is the amount of rolling around on the ground and play acting, for even the slightest tackle or shoulder barge. They are not actors, they are footballers and it's time they started acting like them. It's a fashion that crept into the game some time ago and i can assure you none of the players were hurt yesterday. It's all tactics and in reality all it does is spoil the game. The Latin countries are famous for it sadly, something the teams in northern Europe seem to try and equal these days. It's utter bollocks.

A case in point is the Croatia v Ireland game. Very physical, much more so than the Spain v Italy game, and oh look, everyone was fine at the final whistle. Enough moaning about who tackled who, football is a contact sport, i should know, i broke my leg playing it so while injuries do happen, they are rare.

Onto tonight's games, we have the last of the first round of games, France v England firstly. Since i'm English i have to say i don't think we have a chance with this team. Also as an English fan i have to say hope springs eternal, meaning if we keep our fingers crossed and play well, who knows? It won't be easy as France are quality atm. Lastly we have Ukraine v Sweden. I expect Sweden to win this. Having said that, Ukraine are co-hosts, will try that little bit harder and will certainly have the crowd behind them. Just have to see.

Good luck to all the teams today, a bit more luck falling England's way would be nice :P

• France isn't yet in shape or fit too. And the big or favorite teams all showed no big matches yet. Hm i am not overrating this. Most top teams get better during the duration of the entire EM.
    For now the situation around is good. Cant remember to have heard from brawls after the matches. Lets hope the EM can continue peaceful!

signature.png