The death of Crossfire and mods in general (ACTA)

There are 41 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• If ACTA is accepted Microsoft can sue SWAT for copyright for using material from their game Freelancer (if they wont to)
    let me quote a character from one of my favorite movies of all time
    "Wat is happening?" but i guess it is not really the American population but your government and movie companies.
    Wat can we do to stop this ?

space

the final frontier

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon): Erased insults (really don't need them here). everyone cam make own picture what is going on. ().

• I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• SHS, update your data... that's from years ago. Ok, maybe not "years" but still, outdated.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hm totaly ingoring bond
    i saw acta and see the threat that present to modeling games in general, you can go to JAIL if you yous models from games, change games etc etc
    az we know cf lay on lisence game. shit will hit the fan

space

the final frontier

• yeah, of course
    why did i even read this thread?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Polish members of parliament hold up Guy Fawkes masks in protest of the treaty. The bottom right mask features a teardrop, and one individual gestures with the V sign which, in Poland, is commonly associated with the Solidarity movement's
    historical protests where demonstrators used it to express that they
    would seize victory. The gesture eventually became epitomized by Tadeusz Mazowiecki,
    who symbolically used it after winning the country's first partially
    free elections since the induction of Soviet hegemonic rule.[98][99]

• Do I understand right that they keep parts of that ACTA secret? Dunno how law works in other countries - but here in europe you can actually see all laws in public.
    And they can change articles within ACTA without jurisdiction. Without proove. Then i am going to question democracy. Tend to believe governments fooling their own people :)

signature.png

• Standing ovations for Obama in the first one? LOL

• As if the US has no other problems... :)
    Copyright infringement has its own laws.Worldwide in different aspects - but accusations of such infringements are possible all around the world, arent they? Shall they first start to act on given laws - and not bring new ones. In my eyes new ones are not needed.
    And first they shall take care of their own country their own mistakes. Hint. Financial regulations, debts control, etc. pp.

What i do not understand - as if the other countries have no own sovereignty *shakeshead*

signature.png

• that is why international laws are bullshit imo... they are there but nobody really enforces it and if they do it's the powerful countries that pressure subsequent punishments (USA being the perfect example -> Nicaragua vs USA case for instance)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Nice movie Heaven! Although all this is more or less already in place...
    Your emails can be read, your ISPs may or must keep your connection data, Firewalls scan every packet sent through the net.

What happens with countries that dont take part in ACTA? I mean this ACTA committee cannot cut off the internet of countries who dont sign this law... Or is the ACTA then shutting down the chinese or russian inet then? :)
    From what i have read and heard so far ACTA would lower the rights of each individual - and in my case would break the national law of free speech, data privacy and our own statue. Thats also one of the reasons german ISP may not save connection data like demaned by the EU. Its against our own - german - law - for good reasons!

signature.png

• It's not right when other countries pirate their products?

Well, if they have brains , they will realize that each country has its own limit about the paying system. If they don't want to see their products get pirated... it's not hard to do the math for each country. But , heh ... I guess that won't happen because for their lack of brains.

And America will always win?! ... Epic fail.