Crossfire 1.9 troubles reports

There are 371 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• server was stable for 45mins when being locked then we unlocked it and after 5mins the first crash

i cant fix anything sorry

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• alcoholic :D

as I tested with OP on a locked server, it did run stable. different chars, different ships, different situations. nothing happend.

so. I suggest, when people get ask questions they should finaly start answering them, otherwise nothing will be solved and people will just keep crying.

• If they don't answer the call by GR, then boot them.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• yes, somebody stopped logging in with bugged char
    now the server is running stable

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• O now people come on the forums.

Locking the server periodically would be a good idea to make people come here...

@OP or maybe stopped trying to cheat.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• that was no cheat, it was a corrupted char -> the 2nd (for the protocol)
    -> that doesnt wonder me considering that chars can get bugged when they are written during a crash

for now everything runs fine
    ive turned off the flhook and dont expect any problems
    we found 2 problems with the hook and will fix them prior doing further tests with the hook enabled

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Char: Catatonic_Cash
    Place: Planet Manhatten, New York system.
    Prob1: Have a coalition torpedo launcher which doesn't show a price for. To be exact it says I would get $0 credits for it.
    Prob2: Tried to un-mount the Coalition Torpedo Launcher and was kicked out of the game.
    I run window 7
    Everything else works great thus far exept for this.

the coalition torp launcher got removed as equipment from the game
    instead it is fixed mounted item for bomber ships
    that is why you cant sell it and why it shows no price

you still had one mounted on your ship... i removed it
    if other ppl have the same problem they can come to me... but i doubt that many will have one

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thank you for the info on the torp launchers, and solving the prob.

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• Can't we unmount and jettison teh Coal Torps in space ?

how should that work Michael?
    He got kicked while he was trying to unmount the torp launcher ;)
    at least he said so.
    but I dont know if it would work, when just buying a new ship and leave the coal torp at the dealer.

• Hi, I have a problem with starting the game.

my operating system: Xp professional
    graphics related setting from mod activation: default

I deactivated all the other mods in FMM 1.3, and did a fresh instal of freelancer, did a fresh install. i than instaled CF 1.9 and activated it in the FMM. The game starts and all the videos run perfect. But when it comes to the part where it says: Crossfire dark ages, and a corpse floating in the orange space picture. Than the game crashes, and throws me to the desktop. After some time the "Freelancer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" And the Send Error report / don't send (you know what i mean)

The problem happens every time i try to start the game.

Download 1.9 version that i have is the first one that was posted on the forum by OP.

Edited once, last by luka ().

• probably the savegames

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi Luka ... as OP suggested. ... You remove your savegame folder from documents? (is enough rename that folder) and second thing ... you restart PC after mod activation?

• Folder Windows/Users/MyGames/Freelancer
    Just delete the folder "Accts"
    Then try to start the game again and start a new SP-game..
    I had the same problem (totally forgot about the older savegame)
    After deletion of the existing Accts-Folder a new one will be created by the Game and things will run just fine.

• Hm... i don't think that is the problem, as i checked the delete all saved games.

But i think i know what the problem is... (it is me not doing something)

Will let you know in a minute...

Edit by
    I will let you know tomorow, when i try everyting again...(fresh install)

Edited once, last by luka ().

• Allright, tell us how it's going tomorrow.

Also, did somebody installed CF on a fresh Windows installation ? of any type.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• He installed the game improperly, instead of "our way".

He did FL first, flmm1.31 then CF.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Luka, it has been my experience that FLMM is unreliable when it comes to anything but modding. Check your savegames folder anyway.

Also, a bug report. Couple of bugs in the first Sol missions. The first time when you first meet the Nomad Strike Carrier, the whole thing crashed to the desktop when I tried to dock with the Osiris. Killed my process, came back, docked with the Osiris without a problem. Undocked later to kill the Strike Carrier, and all there was was a single nomad interceptor without a hitbox or the ability to move. It could hit me, but it wasn't moving. Rebooted my game again, problem solved.

Dunno if it was a "my bad" for me or what, but I thought I'd mention it.