Crossfire 1.9 status

There are 175 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• haha, kermit ... i totally understand you .. i've refreshed both swat and moddb around 400 times this week .. hopefully ppl who have managed to download the mod, will help OP ASAP, so the rest of us can enjoy it (or at least find out whether we should buy a better laptop to even be able to play it :P )

:| ouch no action for me this weekend rusty ships in dry dock, has been the most times i have checked the web site for 1.9 to go but patience wins out in the end not even going to entertain downloading 1.9 till it,s stable and i.82 well it just crashes me to desktop yes and i know why the launcher so i have cleaned the comp clean out ready maybe next weekend yahoo it,s ok op you have a lot on

kermit ?( ?( ?(

• Feedback... I was one of the lucky few to have the download before it was pulled....

I am impressed by what I have seen so far ... iro of the balancing of the ships, the new flight dynamics due to weight and the other small, hardly noticable stuf that actualy makes a big difference once you notice them ...

Now I am sure the FLhook is receiving the utmost attention it can, and will deliver on it's promise. Until then, I support the fact that the download of 1.9 is not made available, as it's better to get 20 people reporting than 200 reporting the same issues ...because people seem NOT TO READ the forums before posting question (...where is the 1.9 download .. is the most popular question and must have been asked 1000 times already)

So far I have tested all 4 my IDs and 15 ships and they all perform flawlessly ...

Redemption, Cayman, Iteron BS, Soulforge Train, APC, Pershephone, Saracen, Flathead, Black Eagle, Cavalier

The wait is definitely worth it ...

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• I notice the link to download 1.9 is back...

...but i keep getting the same
    "The requested document is utterly inexistent.
    No such page here.
    Even tried multi.
    Nothing helped._"

error message when i try to download. Common sense would tell me that the mod isn't actually available for download again...in which case, i'll just be patient...

but if it is indeed supposed to be available now...some assistance in downloading or an alternate link would be appreciated.

i'm utterly content playing 1.82 until 1.9 is available again...but i do want to DL 1.9 as soon as possible.

is it supposed to be available again? or is the link just there to entice us? hehe

-Z

• @ Zeroth.

I have received secret information from Section 1.9 that things should be moving soon. Keep an eye open for Oct/11. The message below will sef-destruct 1 minute after being opened.

Signed: Unemployed freelancer.

Edited 5 times, last by Buddy: Correcting grammar, english not being my first language ().

• Thanks Buddy. :)

I read that exchange and many many other threads during the time that 1.9 was first available for download...until the link in the download section was taken away.
    With the new Swat Portal update the download link for 1.9 is back...and I was trying to confirm if that new link was supposed to be working, or simply a placeholder in the knowledge that it will be working shortly.

The link to download is back, but it seems the actual download isn't.

Either that...or there's something broken on my end and I am unable to access the link to download 1.9. (Which had been removed until today)

I'm content to wait until everything is ready, I was just curious if the now existing link is supposed to be working, or if it's just a placeholder.

*keeping my eyes peeled and testing the link every 5 minutes until it works...*

-Z

• the link is back due to the forum update... not because i have uploaded it again
    however... depending on what I see when i logon on the server now i might decide to release it either today or tomorrow (IF everything over the past 24 hours worked fine)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i played yesterday dawn about 2 hours and everythings just worked fine, no crasches and the hook is back again :thumbup:
    wait a litle longer guys, you will like it :)

• @ OP

Today when I logged in I recognized the server running with flhook enabled.
    I checked the uptime of the server, which showed me 1:01:xx:xx. Means more than one day without any interruption.

As I was online for a while (only me and giorgi) I assume someone, with a damaged ID/char must have tried to connect the server (but not showed up finaly) because the server started lagging red constantly and crashed afterwards.
    Same thing happend like 2 times again. Then the "reason" must have given up finaly, since 2 other players joined the server and it kept running without any further interruption, lags or crashes.

Just to let you know.

• yeah - i noticed

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Got the Download link from moddb today and I've got to say the new look is stunning, However I have encountered a couple of problems.

On starting the game I just get a black screen and nothing happens, however pressing Esc moves it on to the original cutscene and the game loads as normal, so no big deal there.

When I set my resolution to my display native 1920x1080, the display was messed up with about 1/4 of the display off the screen, restarting the game fixed this though, so no big deal there.

Spent most of my time freelancing about and leaving Juni behind in new York so I cant say much about the plot, other then the prison ship at the beginning kept blowing up before I was even told about it :/ changing the games difficulty to 0.75 fixed it though :)

I'm having this problem too, if that is the fix, how do I change the difficulty?

Btw I know this thread is about the status of 1.9 bu the info I was looking for regarding the prison ship was in this thread.

• the game has to adjust the resolutions
    you will have to launch and dock again to make it work

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,