Wish list for Crossfire 2.0

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• I am starting this now because Op has already said he will not do it for 1.9

I would wish that VHF were all standardised with 6 lvl 10 guns.

Reasons :-
    1) At the moment there is only 1 performance vhf with 6 lvl 10's - the Redemption. Compare that to dozens with a 4 + 2 set up, so limited choice.
    2) Using lvl10 and lvl9 guns together screws up targeting because of different projectile speeds.
    3) As Op has said, tracking missiles is hard work on server and can cause lag. Many players like an all gun set-up. This would mean less players using missiles = less drain on server = less lag.
    4) This set-up would enable all players to set their ships up the way they want = happy players.

So we end up with happy players because they have choice (guns or missiles), happy players because there is potentially less lag and better tracking for remaining missile users. A win/win situation.

FD

• you know the M13 Deimos also has 6lvl10 guns so do a few more...

and nothing keeps you from balancing your 4lvl10 weapons on a 2|4 setup and put 1 missile and 1 tiz to clear shields... i keep beign surprise how much tizona Del cids are so rare despite their good shield buster capacity.

• it will not even be done with cf2.0

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @ Arrow - the Deimos flies like a tank - a Lagg would take it out in seconds. As for mounting a missile and a Tiz - the whole point is many players do not like missiles and mounting guns with different projectile speeds screws targetting. Try it on one of your ships . fire in an arc from a staionary position and you will see the higher speeds weapons hitting your imaginary target, the lower speed ones miss. Only way they work properly is if the target is flying straight towards you.

@ SHS - that is because War'sy and such weapons have projectile speeds double that of Tizona.

@ Op - may I respectfully ask why you are so set against this ?

FD

• with wrasys arawnd triz are usles
    ones was good to have them but now it is beter to kave full warsys (for shild melting or full coals for hull busting)

i prefer the coals, it is easyer to aim with them : >

I agree ... I had 4 war'sy on Pers and i could not aim, replaced two with gatlings and I get much better results.

War'sy to bust shields and both to take out hull .. works like a charm ... AND ... they are different types for shields...

I would also love to see a dogfight where missiles and torps are kept to the minimum.

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Server is not balanced - total bias towards missile users :( There are no decent ships (apart from Redemption) or lvl 9 weapons that could make that scenario possible.
    So we won't see that sort of dogfight I'm afraid Riebens.

• Server is not balanced - total bias towards missile users :( There are no decent ships (apart from Redemption) or lvl 9 weapons that could make that scenario possible.
    So we won't see that sort of dogfight I'm afraid Riebens.

I disagree here. With correct use of CDs you can decently fight with a "missile user" (even take advantage of it if able to blow up missiles while in damage range of launching ship).
    If you have a minimum aim accuracy and dodging practice, there is no reason you cannot fight them.

(it is funny, but some people think the opposite, missile users being disavantaged those days with random missile lock issues)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• rofls ... Faaby stole what I want wrote (again! :D ). Faaby: :thumbsup:

• There's almost everytime a server lag , so, you don't really have to worry about missiles ;o

• Point totally missed.

Yes, you can fight missile ships.
    Yes, there is server lag.

But tell me, which fighter (apart from Redemption) can you use. Which lvl 10, lvl 9 gun combination can you use without having your targetting screwed by different projectile speeds ???

• the setting of having 4 lvl 10 guns and 2 lvl 9 guns has existed since the release of FL
    during the past 8 years were successfully playing with this setting and did not moan about it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Firedragon478:
    ... no one :D if you mean for PvP ;) . ... You have 2 choices: use two (or more) weapon groups if you want equip only guns, or use two missiles and use them wisely. PPl fight much different if they not need think about missiles. ...and 6(or more) guns/turrets with different speed ... also can be used well in special situations as is for example attack on BS or on very short distance. Different equipment need different fighting style ... both can be deadly if used well. (p.s.: four 10lvl guns are good enough to blow any fighter to pieces in very short time with good fly/aim skill, not count small problem as high energy output needed for 6guns...)

• @ Martind Forlon - I am specifically talking about PvP.
    @ Op - just because something has not changed in 8 years does not mean it is the best way. I am not moaning, I am just trying to get people who fight guns only a better choice. Is that wrong ??

There is only Redemption for 6 lvl 10 guns with any sort of performance for PvP.
    There is no lvl 10, lvl 9 gun combination with same speed (apart From Ancient and Buckshot - which I tried ans is useless).

There are at least 6 good PvP fighters basically fitted out for 4 guns plus 2 missiles.

• 1. as far as i remember i am the one who decides what is the best for this mod
    2. just like mentioned - nobody else in the past 8 years had a problem
    3. the current setting makes the choice of weapons less boring
    4. it always was meant to be that you have to use weapon groups in FL, the introduction of 6 lvl 10 weapons takes away every need for other weapons, tactics or gameplay differences;
    if we make everything equal then we can also get rid of all other weapons, ships, missiles,...
    5. FL is not a perfect world where everything fits together... it is a world with differences
    6. it also is a matter of game balance

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• SWAT_OP-R8R thank you for your clarification and for your work on this mod. I think it's not easy to do.
    But I want to support Firedragon about ships with 6*10 weapons. It would be just great if there were several new ships or existing ones but slightly more agile as Redemption.
    Or if you are against this idea, at least a couple of new guns level 9 with a high range.

Edited once, last by AlienX ().

• :D This is not resistance. In this topic everyone can say their opinions or wishes.
    I think if the OP was not interested in the opinions of others, then this topic would not have been!

Edited once, last by AlienX ().

• I have long held an interest in a level 9 shield-busting gun that behaves a little bit more more like a Coalie Gatt. Still, when I was at my best performance here in PvP it was flying with four Codename Mk II guns and a pair of Tizona del Cids. It is true that I was also a spammer of torpedoes, cruise disruptors and mines, but what I eventually learned is that you can develop good intuition with marksmanship. If you use multiple gun types your cross-hairs will lie to you unless attacking from directly in front or behind. Compensate for it - first so that your pulse weapons chew up their shields, and then again with your main guns to gradually tear apart the ship's hull. Personally, I preferred to go in for the kill with torpedoes or mines once a target's shields were down but that is not always a particularly realistic strategy. Be adaptive so that you can shift tactics mid-battle.

Just remember that nearly every weapon performs differently in a dogfight than others. Spend a lot of time with the same loadout. Use NPCs as punching bags while you learn how much you need to compensate to make certain shots hit when you want them to, or go to Arena and work on it there instead like so many of us have in the past. The limitations of equipment can be frustrating and to be fair I absolutely loathe missiles, but I think that it is probably possible for a strict gunslinger to dominate if they train to develop l33t evasive skills and work on their marksmanship hard enough. If you initially struggle to get better at it I would recommend finding someone on the server who is willing to have guns-only duels with you for awhile - any experience is good experience, really, and with enough time you will start to win more often. :]

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D: