List of wishes in 1.9

There are 228 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Griffin.

• 3. A new torpedo designed against Dom batteships huge hulls (stronger than sunslayer, less limitations than coalition, possibly slower accurary/speed for balance and not be ultimate weapon for PvP)

Even if not possible, it is alright to dream, right? ^^

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• There's already a section for that.

Anyway , it would be great if there's a new sector for CF 2.0 ( Orion , Pegasus or Andromeda...)

• Maybe being able to fire from a station as if you were the turret.

Being able to zoom in and out of your ship while in turret mode.

MORE BATTLESHIPS! A battleship just for Flak would be cool... Like the ASF/CSF Battleships. SpaceBall 1 would be a cool battleship to own too. (Or at least some REALLY big)

Novelty ships... Like a Fudpalm... or an Apple pie :D

That pretty much covers it, Apart from all the other cool stuff you have put in to this mod.

• 3. A new torpedo designed against Dom batteship's huge hulls (stronger than sunslayer, less limitations than coalition, possibly slower accuracy/speed for balance and not be ultimate weapon for PvP)

Even if not possible, it is alright to dream, right? ^^

THIS. Bomber VHFs are a real area of lack in Crossfire, I have ideas within my clan's specialized attack wing (Omega Wing) to utilize them more effectively in groups with standard VHFs and "gunship" VHFs, but due to the lack of capacity of torpedoes for extended use in the field (read: Inner Core sector) and/or weak damage output against Inner Core alien capships, they are almost next to useless IMHO. For torpedoes to be actually useful, each launcher really needs it's own capacity. More variety and specialty would be welcomed as well, like EMP torpedoes or "cruise missiles", i.e. seeker torpedoes.

Also, Capship Killer class VHFs like the Elder(we need more of these too) and the use of MKII codename weapons have somewhat helped address the Bomber issue, but still it's not the most effective solution. Crossfire needs better bomber weapons and better bombers to make them more viable to where people will actually want to use them, namely against capital ships. They are a great deterrent against capships and when setup in a wing structured like the SA's Omega Wing, they are actually quite effective. But this is ONLY WHEN they have proper backup and support.

• orion: Might also be effective against stations when destructible universe will be brought online ^^

-- -- Visit Us!

• Yea, you've read the Omega Wing manual Faaby, you know well that my battle plans anticipate for that to happen. :thumbsup: It will make for much more interesting Inner Core missions again as I always enjoy having big, heavily armored static targets for us to destroy. :D It was quite a challenge back when destructible universe was still on-line to take down a Dom' base, as I remember an early SA IC mission last year we did that where I ended up leading it after Arrow's capital ship was destroyed, we only had like 10 or so fighters and it definitely took a while to bring that thing down!

Good times, lots of fun. :thumbsup:

• Bond : the Dev team and the Community thanks you for pushing further the release of CF1.9 .... (if you introduce new ideas, you'll have to wait longer...) :P
    Faaby : Would be nice indeed
    @Ilian : OP has plans for new systems but more than that i don't know exactly...
    Spiky : You know you can go to the downloads section, get the UTFEditor and extract textures from any models in the game in *.tga, apply a pink overlay in Paint.NET, reimport it in the editor and launch CF.... Changing texture won't make you detected as cheating and you could have a pink universe ^^.
    orion : I believe OP didnt have any expectations to create new ships but he let the door open for ppl (like me) to propose their own ships to be added (the SA_F11 is one of these, still awaiting acceptance). Perhaps we could develop the SA_X2 prototype as a "Bomber" type VHF but this shall be discussed privately on the SA Forum....
    Fuffud :

4. My SA_F11 "Interceptor" Silver Arrows VHF sold at the GMG station in Omega-3, fully equipped with DKAs and all the top-notch stuff (thruster, shield, scanner, torps, cloak, default Police/ASF license mounted ^^).
    (Don't laugh X( , i really asked OP for that ya know... Okay it will probably be accepted "with conditions" if it is :P).

5. Dynamic Universe reactivation (alien invasions, solar stroms, closed JG, clues on trading)

• some way of killing NPC too make money like dervon and never mind getting rid of it it donesnt matter how much money people make ! :) and mabey berlin run back :)

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• add new ships like the Messerschmitt , Spitfire , F-22 Raptor just a silly idea :D

The Raptor is already in game ^^

About ships with props... I am really curious to see that working in space!

-- -- Visit Us!

• from 1.7!

Nice agile fighter by the way :)

-- -- Visit Us!

• SHS :
    1)SHIPS : i doubt that many ships will be added because there is already over 100 ships and most of them are not even used (i admit some are hundreds of thousands for a ship worse than a wolfhound...). But the SA Labs are working hard on prototypes that could make nice addition to Sirius' police and military. Perhaps some pirate players with ship creation skills could work on the "Taxer's dream". I personnally never really played a pirate so i can't think of all the aspects needed to make a dream pirate ship but perhaps ppl could work on their own projects and hopefully it could add some nice ships to the CF catalog...
    2) GUNS : we have a nice choice of guns to pick but perhaps some area could use expansion (torps and mines mostly).
    3)SYSTEMS : OP already announced new systems for the quest new chapters. It appears to be a place just as deadly as the IC and perhaps even a little more...
    4) OP : Yeah it would be cool to see OP in-game moer often but you have no idea how much he has on the TODO list (mod, portal updates, CF Wiki, community sites integration and also a RL). If we don't stop suggesting ideas he will not play until A WHIIIIIILE...

Huor,
    @ALL : True. But allow me to take myself as example here : I wanted ships added to the mod after Christmas and i went to OP and asked him if someone could make a the ship i wanted for CF1.9. He answered that if i made the ship, it would be possible. That lit up a bulb above my head : I want something added to this mod, i learn how to do it and i do it. Before January, i kept telling myself i was not able to mod or help in anyway but that is not true. I wanted my stuff so bad that it made me break the ice, learn, do it and now i'm able to help with creating new models or other stuff in CF.

The moral of the story is : You want something added, learn how to do it, make it and then use your acquired knowledge to help with other stuff. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that if ppl do just that, the dev team will grow and tasks will be done much faster. I can't believe ppl out there are a bunch of incompetent dudes and girls who cannot use Paint.NET/Photoshop to help with texturing or GMAX to make cityscapes, ships and stations. In a single month i've been from dreamer to someone who now works on CF1.9 actively. I touch important, noticeable and meaning stuff (houses battleship modeling, quest/story writing). I hope others will follow the same path and KICK THEIR LITTLE BUTT for the good of CF !

(End of inspiring speech)

• Bigger feature:

A way to change the "options" (style, particle colour, Juni's/Trent's outfit, intro music, etc. ...) easier, than deleting everything and reinstall the whole mod.
    There is a mod out there, can't remember it's name atm - TNG ? Rebalance ? - where you can do this from FLModManager.
    It has two programms to install to FLMM, the mod itself and a kind of "starter program, where you have to select your options.
    That way you can change styles, outfits etc. quite easy, since the "main mod" stays untouched.
    But I don't know, if something like that is also possible with CF.

IF detructable universe might be included in 1.9 or later : what about clan owned stations ?
    How it perhaps could work :
    A clan (it's members) "sell" a certain amount of resources (siler/copper/etc.-ore, hull panels, optronics, station blueprints ;) , or whatever thought suitable) at a "admin station" (if possible perhaps on a kind of "clan account") and at the next server update (when commodities are also changed) the Station or defense turrets or what the clan has "ordered" on its account could be added.
    OFC the clan then might have to organize a defense of its assets, when none of the clan might be around (interclan diplomacy ??), perhaps accompanied by a server rule like "no clan station bashing when none of the clan is on the server".
    I know, I'm not a MP or clan player for several reasons, but I think something like that could give MP and RP an additional dimension.

Smaller features

Perhaps a little "review" on the models of some of the "older ship" from CF 1.7, esp. a "resizing", since some of the ships seem a bit too big - or too small - compared to others of it's class ( APC freighter, Adonis freighter, Mayfly fighter as examples for ships too small, BullPup fighter series, Interloper, Starskipper, A-100, Avenger as too big (look at the "pilot" that is part of the Avenger-model).

A "re-balance" of the specs and abilities of the VHFs. There coud be more diversity, giving players the possibility to find "their ship" for their individual style of flying and fighting fitting fighter/freighter. ATM they are almost the same on agility, speed, power, weaponry, armour, with Shroud and Eagle as kind of a "standard".
    Perhaps something like : only 4 guns but armour 16000 to 18000, or speed 120, or agility like a Hawk, any kind of "trade-off" of one spec for the other thinkable.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• I would like to see in CF two new console commands, which would make things easier and allow players to transfer credits and ships between characters and accounts: (they are in "disco" already - thats why the idea)

1.)
    /givecash ( /givecash charactername ammount - this command for credit transfers between characters, the help of other players with the cash transfer between your own characters wouldnt be then necessary)

2.)
    /movechar (this command for ship transfers between players, which they dont longer want to keep, one player once logged on the ship he wants to sell types the command /setmovecharcode code and PM's the buyer then with the name of the ship to be sold and with the code he has set, buyer types after that to console /movechar nameofthechar code after that the ship will move to the new owner.

A side note: dont flame me for this suggestion, i dont know if CF is open to ideas from other mods, i know "disco" isnt, just a idea that is working well there, and also i am not a coder so i dont know how to do that :blush: