List of wishes in 1.9

There are 228 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Griffin.

• Hey OP, out of curiosity's sake, is there any way to implement the roll controls while OUT of cruise mode, aka mouse control mode? I figure that could make flying more interesting and challenging, for those who could implement it into their flying that is. :D8)

There are two thing that I find quite mean. First is: when I'm shooting with guns while doing a turn, if I roll my targeting reticule over one of menus - contacts or weapons - I stop shooting and can't shoot in that place. The only solution for now is to minimize menus. Is it possible to make them transparent for game so shooting "thru" them would be possible?
    Second is: I know that I can always push F6 and see map, but wouldn't it be possible to include a little map of the system in left upper corner in the new interface?

no and no

Hey OP, out of curiosity's sake, is there any way to implement the roll controls while OUT of cruise mode, aka mouse control mode? I figure that could make flying more interesting and challenging, for those who could implement it into their flying that is. :D 8)

just deactivate the autoleveling (there is a key to do that)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hey OP, out of curiosity's sake, is there any way to implement the roll controls while OUT of cruise mode, aka mouse control mode? I figure that could make flying more interesting and challenging, for those who could implement it into their flying that is. :D8)

That was introducded with CF1.82 and should already work. Same as diagonal strafing...

signature.png

• Hi

I would love to see MORE missles and torpedo use by NPC's and not just cruise disrupters.

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• vhf use missiles

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i would say they use too much.
    then i go into a fight vs 8 npc's, it goes something like this:
    incoming missile, incoming missile, incoming missile, (shied drops) incoming missile, incoming missile (use bots), shield failed, incoming missile, shield restored, incoming missile, incom.... ect.

• one says not enough, one says too much...

meaning it is good!

hehe ;)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• already done

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I am extremely satisfied with the features present in 1.82, some of which I really did not expect to find...

That being said, if I had to scheme up a few ideas...

1. There was a Coalition capital ship incorporated into 1.8 that appeared in the intro video of FL, but did not seem to become a buyable, pilotable vessel. The mod has a lot of warships and I realize combat in CF is meant to be mostly fighter-to-fighter, but the ship in question is one I would very much like to see available someday. Each House in Sirius has capital ships for sale, there is an Alliance vessel for sale, and holographic projectors for ships like Yamato, but unless I missed something there are no Coalition ships of such a class for sale in Altair. From a storytelling perspective I do not think it would be particularly unrealistic for there to be an export market for Coalition vessels. That is not to say I am asking for a lot of ships - just saying the one particular ship I am inquiring about would be great and is the last major item on my wish-list.

2. It would also be interesting to see the completion of (or ruin for) jump gates and trade lanes under construction in vanilla FL systems. A lot of years have elapsed in terms of the game storyline. I sense that by now, either construction would be completed or abandoned for some of these projects - stalemates brought on by criminal elements like the Gaians and Blood Dragons cannot last forever. Sooner or later one side gets the upper hand and there are consequences for that. Completing and/or reducing to debris some of the gates and lane hoops in question may help convey that the Houses are not frozen in time relative to add-on systems. Development occurs in all parts of the universe, and this would be a good way to display that - especially since most of the underpowered ship classes flown in vanilla systems by NPCs cannot be modernized for balancing reasons. To me it would make more sense if systems like Tau-31 and Hokkaido had either infrastructure on par with Purian Lake, Wanderer's Pond, and Hyperion by now or stronger criminal/terrorist patrols to reflect the victories of those factions.

3. Once again, and perhaps I have overlooked features in 1.82, but what about HQs for each the ASF and CSF in the asteroid fields of X-3043 for players to dock at? It could offer an answer to where all the ships fighting in X-3043 come from and where their senior officers operate from, offer players a place to purchase ASF and CSF licenses (or not - they have traditionally been reserved for server clans to use after all), and it would be great for adding rumors and/or faction bribes. The latter point I mention because bribes for the ASF or CSF can take quite a long time to find. It is awkward. For instance, I can equip a CSF license but still get attacked by NPCs of that faction if I have not yet found the bribe and any hostile Outcasts happen to fly by. I do not really mind either way, but the HQs might also be good places to eventually sell ASF and CSF fighters.

Anyway, it's just what came to mind. None of it is actually important but I love to make suggestions.

You already do very well at deciding which features to incorporate into new versions of the mod. :]

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Edited once, last by Drakon ().

• In my opinion the guns "Phoenix Project" undeservedly has little demand. It would be nice to change its class from 10 to 9 and the situation immediately changes.
    Generally the choice of 9 class guns is not large as compared with 10 class guns.

Only 11 guns 9 class (and its all with not high range) VS 42 guns 10 class.
    Most of them is not used by players (especially classified 10 class vanilla guns)

• AlienX : guns will not change class. 80% of CF lvl10 guns would be rated class 11 or 12 if these would be possible (but engine limitations stops weapon levels at 10). Unless we start to edit all the vanilla stuff to make the upper-end equipment into more than just the single lvl10 (lower the vanilla stuff to classified modded equipment into class 8, 9 and 10), we cannot do anything about it. And ofc changing the vanilla balance is out of the question.

See it this way : everything better than the vanilla stuff will be lvl10. PPCs are way better than vanilla CODENAMEs that are already lvl10 and we cannot class them less (lvl9). It's always relative to Vanilla FL...

• "no" remains "no"

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is it possible Haidar to have more cargo space? It is nice all rounder and with more cargo will also be very good for freighter.

• Don´t give esi_md more space for the Haidar - or he will pillage even more around! He is the only one using this Ship for everything - also killing cops.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I don't know if I'm the first one to throw it out, but where are these factions? Israel and Turkey are the major powers in the middle east, not the Arab states and additionally Turkey has the biggest army after the US in the NATO and also has strong connections to the other turkic states. Israel is supposed to possess nuclear weaponry and a fairly strong army, too. It's not that I want them no matter what, but it seems to me to be more logical that these states played not a minor role during the Alliance-Coalition wars, I don't know who on which side, but I can't imagine the scenario without them tbh. I see that within the 1.82 in Crossfire there are now several arabic and chinese systems within the Coalition domain, which I find nice, but I think there should be also systems like Yeni Istanbul, New Karabagh, Jerusalem 2.0 , Antiochia, Ankara and others symbolizing these nations, dunno if within Coalition or Alliance domain or even apart of these.

What do you think of this? Especially the Turks(Turkey) played a major role during the history of the Middle East and Europe, there are over 4 Million Turks living in Germany today and more do live all over the world, yet there is not a single reference to them(yes, the ones within the Russians don't count as such, as their role is minor compared to the Turkey Turks in that region).

Don't know, I was just wondering, what your opinion on this subject is, I would be willing to create everything related to them, if necessary.