SP Help needed, new player is really confused.

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by feelthefever.

• Having just changed from discovery I am having difficulty with a couple of the new concepts of Crossfire. I am starting out on single player to get my head around this before I jump into anything else.

As far as I am am able to research CF story doesn't rely on traditional missions as vanilla FL does, but rather news and rumors etc. leads you to a clue, which leads you to another so on and so forth. You don't get told anything explicitly you have to explore and deduce for yourself. Am I correct in this assumption?

I think I have started the initial quest, I went to Death Valley and go the data disk from the wreck. Fine. Problem is when I try to get to planet Crossfire or anywhere in the system for that matter, the ASF and crossfire itself is hostile and the CSF treat me as neutral. Both parties are neutral in my rep thingo. Have I done something, or rather NOT done something that would cause it to be that way? Why can't I land at crossfire?

Yes I am completely new and completely clueless so come on, gimme a hand here.

• you probably are hostile with another faction that is allied with ASF so they attack you

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Uh no not really... I was kinda running through the vanilla story and got to the point where my only allies were the order and the blood dragons. Irritating, just hung around a xeno base for a while and sooner or later my rep was fixed. I thought the solution was unique to CF, simplest solutions eh? Thanks for the help

• Hi,

I'm also new player. I'm back on Manh, after FL story, but don't know how to start next mission (the initial quest)

According to reports from the quest, I flew into the sector B6 and found Death Valley. Problem is, I do not know what to do. Constantly there are many nomads flying and it's endless.

Help me please, how to follow the storyline.
    I'm still missing some "accept" button :))

• First off, don't change the color of your text, please. I couldn't read it without highlighting. Some of us use different styles. Just use standard color text.

Secondly, the storyline right now is text based. You'll have to find a certain thing in the Death Valley system to know what to do next. ;)

• C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• Yes, and after you get the wreck from firing the Ragnarok Gunboat from above the nomad station you read teh data of the item and follow the hints to the next ones :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• hey guys i thought i'd add to this thread rather than start a new one, i'm also stuck on the cf storyline. i've got the second data disc but i don't know what to do or where to go next.

i've tried talking to people at the nearby base, but they all say my rep isn't good enough.... even though they were bounty hunters and my rep with them is one bar off of top...

i'd be grateful for even the slightest clue as i've now spent hours flying to different systems talking to people and not getting anywhere

thanks, tom

• Try to check the news in the bar at the base the quest points to :rolleyes:

You said secound datadisk......?

if it is the Death valley disk then read the news at planet Crossfire...

Or if it is the Nephele disk then read the info it has.

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited once, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK ().

• right, well i'm at a complete loss now....

i've now spent 4-5 hrs and several million credits getting my rep with the bundschuh right up, and they have nothing to tell me about the 3 pieces....

all i could get was a story from the barman about the bmm.

so i went to thier base in dublin and it turned out to be a dead end....

am i on the right track with the bundschuh? or should i be looking for more clues around nephele?

thanks, tom

• Hi,
    I have the same problems as you. I found one sleeper ship in Nephele and I start to worry that the only way where you can find more of the map will be in Coalition Systems.
    Unfortunately I haven't found a better way than through the Dimensional Rift in Sol. Styx System is full of nomads and not fun to fly and survive. Do you know someone better way to Coalition systems?

• similar problem...i've read the advice in a different thread to get the datadisc of the ragnarok wreck to sell anywhere when i was stuck in kyoto, trying to get more money for the next mission (old storyline)...i just started playing the crossfire storyline, but when i had to loot the ragnarok wreck for the datadisc another time (chapter 2), i just couldnt find it...is it just gone because i've already been there? can i just keep on playing by reading the news on planet crossfire or what else can i do? i didnt read whats on the disc because i thought it's just for getting some money :( and now i'm still stuck with the same mission: "loot the wreck and take the datadisc"