Missile tracking issues

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• Ok, most graphic & mouse lag kinks are solvable by reducing details to like the bare minimum, I don't mind playing adapted versions.

But lately these missiles track so shittily, it's beyond all reason.
    My questions are, is this something to do with the server, why the missiles don't track well, or did the... variables, stats or whatever you call them, changed for the lv. 9 missiles, Nemesis, Cataclysm, Havoc and the Paralyzer?

Lately there have been fights ("no shit, Sherlock", eh? :D) and very often do the missiles don't track well. Now, I can understand dodging and moves and tricks, but damn, it's just too much.

(Sorry if I'm repeating some topic over here, I just didn't come across this, or I've missed it.)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• High fluct.

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• I'd like to point out something (imo a very obvious observation) - when CF 1.8 first came out in January there were absolutely no missile tracking problems, however, the server was crashing often... and this remained until either 1.81 or 1.82; now it is the other way around again like in 1.7. Missile tracking is horrible and even after a server restart it takes roughly 30 minutes for the missiles and CD's to zigzag around again

so yeah I guess the option is; awesome missile tracking with quite a few of server crashes or barely any crashes but crappy tracking overall...

someone else must've noticed this?

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Andreas, no, my ping is almost always below 60 0 0...

Yeah, Spike, it seems it is that way.

Is there any way we can (help) track down the potential issue and resolve it?

• dunno

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I noticed the Server do have a lot of fluctuation,a lot, not sure , but for me it is.

Server load after a server crash or restart is under 30 starting with about 8 or so, then increases with time , after about 6-8-10 hours which is the normal time in a server, the load is alwaus over 90 or 100.... in the best moments at 60-70... but that's not the main point I think, it's that it constantly go up and down where passing over a certain limit which disables or enables NPC spawn is exactly one of those moments with yellow lag icon, shorter or longer depending a bit on how much above the limit it went.. I noticed even 300+, while my personal ping was always good as I was constantly typing /ping for it.

Seems some PCs have fatigue :D

Possible reason related:
    This increase looks to be biger than in 1.7, maybe cus of the server logs ? making a list of 1 kb is fast and easy... but with the many more items in 1.8, with time, that list increases to Mbytes and more... which takes some more time ?

2: The non existent ping reduction kit :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Nope it isn't ^^

As said, it wasn't from my side... and serverload command don't get affected by what I have, much enough.

And weird, soem poeple's guns are shooting straight laterally :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Almost impossible to fight these days, and missile are not the only problem, ships fly weird at the moments, however i come to conclusion that all this depends of who is in the game (better say in a current system)

Simple: some ppl depart and problem go away.But yesterday and today that was not the case.

In one word server is somehow: fucked up :(

• Maybe ppl with uber pings like 2-3000. Probably a good moment to initiate the lag kick again. With todays connections there must not be pings like that, but those who have them can check their cons - bring them here to help them. Just for the records i got the same problems and will try to talk with those ppl i remember - which is the best start ;)

Click the image above to visit us.

• Bond, your theory failed because it's not 1 person or only a small group of them who have real problems and are killing the system or server.... as yesterday in the battle there was a time when missiles and ships tracked well, but only for a while, so the players in-system may not affect.... unless it wasn't one of us 3, but the other 2 who was in there before.

It looks to be the server, or a group of players which, if they are in range with another player starts the fluct due to signal loss or something. Without players in range it should be ok.

• Weird thing yesterday, I target a ship and fire nemesis, cataclysm and paralyzer, separately, no subtargeting. paralyzer and cataclysm tracked, but nemesis passed right pass the target... and twice that way.

• something of greater interest, there are a couple of players that I have pvp'd ( 2 to be exact), that once you get in for a close fight, my ship became very slow thruster to 80, turning wasnt happening. Then of course is the bullshit explaination of " your ship is stressed." Really? You think with no damage my ship is stressed? Others have experienced the same, so I am certainly not imagining this.

Missles are horrible, period, and you cant fight here without them. Then again there are those who's missles track and hit almost perfect every time. Its not the european connection as some of you tried to use as the reason. I know better. It is something running on this server causing it, because we never had this issue prior to 1.7, regardless of where you were in the world. I would like to find a solution so I can actually enjoy a fair fight as far as the weapons are concerned. Because if I cant use my weapons, then there' s no point in being a cop.

1 more point, I would like to know how 1 volley of 4 missles and a torp can kill you in one shot.......damage doesnt multiply to that factor.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• i dont have problems if my ping is good , if is bad the misils dont track

smgwerternugen.jpg
    Remind to follow rules and do RP every where
    Chars SMG_Werter` [GR] Werter
    When u lose u learn :-D

• well some people on this server indeed seem to have magical missiles... always been like this and hasen't changed since 1.7 (can't remember how it was prior to that)

and a volley of 4 missiles and torp can indeed kill you in one shot... Para is usually faster than other missiles so thats the one who hits first... the other three already do lots of damage to the hull so if you are unlucky and get hit by a sunslayer afterwards you're gone

of course that only happens if you are too lazy to evade ;D

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• that once you get in for a close fight, my ship became very slow thruster to 80, turning wasnt happening

Happen to me with some players, along with "missile do not track at all" phenomenon, or to not blame the "player", maybe every time under specific server circumstances.