Another week... just a few changes this week

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Its time again for .... UPDATES!!!!!

Not many this week as I am mainly working on Crossfire... but ok.
    So lets start with CF:

• This week 3 patches have been released through the launcher to raise the server stability and to fix some minor issues-> more info on the CF1.82 progress thread
    • Last sunday a full server re-initiation has been done with the aim to clean the server, write new better scripts, enable some new and some old features and to create a better testing environment for the CF1.82 development -> everything went well and tons of problems got solved.
    • The player online stats got reactivated at http://www.crossfire-server.com/onlinestats.html
      Eventhough its fully functional already the look of course will change as it naturally will get integrated into the crossfire server site when ive a bit more time.

So lets head now to the changes at the Portal.

• I have changed my Avatar -> the "Brain -> use it" didn't work (just joking)
    • The message length counter here at the Portal got fixed -> now all message fields show correct data.
    • We now have a StarCraft section -> I hope that soon it will be used more frequent.
    • As I've announced several weeks ago the Portal got 2 new Style sets.
      Both are based on the "good vs evil" or in other words "jedi vs sith" concept that already is represented at SWAT but this time they bring some more color to the Portal.

• SWAT Blue Force Style
      • SWAT Red Force Style

As usual you can use the Style selector to switch between the Styles.
      Both new Style are pure eyecandy BUT I currently can not guarantuee that these Styles work on all Browsers. I have noticed that the Internet Explorer is not able to fully support all transparency effects. I also should mention that these two new Styles are loading a bit slower since they are pretty detailed.
      We now have 4 really cool Styles here at SWAT and I fail to make a decision which I like most. They are all high quality and have their own charme.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Good that you changed your avatar - it was soo demanding :)
    Anyway the changes are good - although i cannot say anything server and game related. Will have time for it next week - but there are a bunch of players who can observe the server right now.
    I am also very amused to see some of the old tools working again. The CSF/ASF Score table is back and the player online are a nice addition that nearly every other server has as well.

If there is something for IE and transparency i shall have a look for leave me a note. I had this trouble recently as well - but found a working solution (as far this can be used here as well).

signature.png

• another change
    Crossfire has a new story/fanfiction forum where ive already put the short stories and the timeline
    i think its better to seperate that from the general discussions (just for the overview)

the 2 new styles got improved a bit

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hurray for the ASF style!

*caughs* err I mean "blue" style :girl_wink:

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Hurray for the ASF style!

*caughs* err I mean "blue" style :girl_wink:

you better dont get stuck to the 'wrong' side, too much :P

• There are more.... which ones
    the char stats which shows all teh chars and how much $ they have and time online, stuff explored and all ? (aka CF Stats on swat toolbar)(daily, twice at day as I saw)
    or the players online stats which show how many ppl online are but no more info ? (isntant, 5 secs delay)
    or the players online advanced stats which shows what ship lvl and $ the chars online have (that's about once at each few minutes) (both these on Swat toolbar as "Players Online Status" :) )

Whichever is the one you wanted, it's answered ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• What is "brain" anyway ?

And nice job OP, you never stop amazing me :)

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• players online - 5mins
    server online stats 1sec

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• What is "brain" anyway ?

And nice job OP, you never stop amazing me :)

'brain' was OP's last avatar... which was showing a human brain, and at it's right "USE IT" it was so demanding xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• 'brain' was OP's last avatar... which was showing a human brain, and at it's right "USE IT" it was so demanding xD

Yes, I saw this avatar, I just don't know what is brain :D :P
    And OP, I love the blue theme :love:

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Edit: Well, it's all back up now, no worryes :D