BEWARE...To All SP Pilots...Inner Core Aliens are LETHAL!!!

There are 115 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Original.

• Nice gaming spirit you have there! You have the guts to face dangerouse aliens and beat theme throught their own space! A coder like me would design a special ship to fight theme or modify the loadout... There are mant ways to pass it, but the best way is fighting theme man to aliens.

• a coder ? ^^ nice :D

Well, then you may know adding yourself uber stuff gets fun out... after a while you get bored as hell, so don't try it too much :D (ON SinglePlayer ofc, on MP we have ppl who like baning >:-D )

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Right, you did well, uncleglennie!

What's this about GMG Wrecks? Where in the Inner Core?

That is your quest, right? You are supposed to be looking for the GMG explorers (and try to bring them out alive, if you can).

However, as Spiky says... after all of the work in finding the wrecks (and surviving long enough to do so), the loot is a little disappointing. Unless I missed something, such as fuses on some of the pilots. In other words, not all of the pilots were still alive when I found them. It might feel more rewarding if they were, or if they had a limited lifespan so that rescuing them was a race against the clock.

Or, maybe they do have limited lifespans and I did not find them quickly enough?

:S

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• No, they don't have lifespans, like... limited time... but it's pretty easy to make it done :D It's a good idea.... cus all GMG wrecks are with newbie loot, or, as max some Diamondback MK II... and I mapped em all.

OP should see that idea ^^

Even we're going good or bad... Ithink we should add somee group of ideas ike this ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• No, they don't have lifespans, like... limited time... but it's pretty easy to make it done :D It's a good idea.... cus all GMG wrecks are with newbie loot, or, as max some Diamondback MK II... and I mapped em all.

OP should see that idea ^^

Even we're going good or bad... Ithink we should add somee group of ideas ike this ^^

Cool.

Finding a wreck can take a very long time, so maybe the fuse could start when you rescue (tractor) a GMG pilot? That way, the player may have to choose between trying to find more pilots, or just getting back to the GMG station with the pilot(s) in his cargo hold?

I expected more of a "finish" for getting through the Inner Core... maybe ten million credits per pilot -- or a gunboat for rescuing all four -- something like that. I brought the pilots that I found back to the GMG base, as the Quest asked, and barely got a "thank you". :) I expected a little more for completing such a difficult Quest.

The Inner Core is amazing. A big "finish" would make it feel more "complete", but it is already an impressive addition to Freelancer as it is now.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• inner core was meant to be source or cloaking equipment... but that has not been activated by me due to various reasons

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just curious about how to set back the Difficulty Scale in CF? For future reference.

PerfOptions.ini is in \My Documents\My Games\Freelancer. It contains Diificulty_Scale, as well as the options set in the F1 Options screen. The default is 1.0. If you want to make Coalition Rogues a serious challenge, then turn it up to 2.0. 8o

But I am mostly kidding about setting Difficulty_Scale to 2, because most people find Crossfire challenging enough.

(Note that any adjustments that you make to any file are for SP only. Changes are not allowed in MP.)

• inner core was meant to be source or cloaking equipment... but that has not been activated by me due to various reasons

yes, cloaking equipment would be a cool reward, as well!

• I think I'll leave the Difficulty scale as is. But I'm totally confused about the GMG quest thingie. In other words, what are you talking about? I found some wrecks in DK space in Altair system, but not in DK space in the Inner Core. So what are you specifically referring to by GMG wrecks? Or are you just kidding around.

• I'm totally confused about the GMG quest thingie.

Why did you enter the Inner Core in the first place?

Use an old Saved Game to go back to the GMG base in Omega3. Read the News and talk to the bartender. He will explain the Quest to you.

Depending on where you saved your games, you might have to go back as far as Utopia to kill aliens again, in order to re-set the mission.

Don't worry about going back to Utopia -- it will be easier for you this time, now that you have been through some tougher fights.

If you are not following the Quests, then you are missing half the fun!

• Okay, I'm done.

I've tried so many different strategies, weapons and equipment, and even different ships...the results are finally in...inner core hostile aliens killed 0...SP pilot killed 498.

Do you think there's room for improvement or do you think I should try medication when engaging these aliens?

I think I'll just go back to knitting socks for my friendly neighbourhood Nomads.

• inner core hostile aliens killed 0...SP pilot killed 498.

Do you think there's room for improvement or do you think I should try medication when engaging these aliens?

haha! Well, there is certainly room for improvement, uncleglennie, but you bring up a good point. The Outcasts are some of the toughest pilots in vanilla Freelancer, and they don't live long without their Cardamine masks.

So, yeah, medication may not be such a bad idea!

:blerg:

PS: Use The Force, unclegennie. Timing is everything.

• :D Yesterday I made visit hostile IC after some long time. ...Before I re-adapted from slow mowing Drones to "little" faster Dooms it was really pain :D Only when I have significantly increased maneuverability, improved estimate for aiming, and overall increased speed of reflexes, only then began to score better in my favor. But it took long time enough :D.

p.s.: It is good idea first go (or run if they disrupt you) in Weth and "save" and then go back and begin "training" :)

pm me if you need know something specific about IC.