BEWARE...To All SP Pilots...Inner Core Aliens are LETHAL!!!

There are 115 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Original.

• At the GMG station by the hypergate in Omega 3, the news item that we need inside should say..."BEWARE...To All SP Pilots...Do not enter the Inner core unless you have the best ship and equipment you can buy...Because...the hostile aliens inside love fresh meat and will rape and destroy you, over and over and over and over again."

This would have helped me before I started my journey into the inner core galaxy. It was a gruelling 6 hour experience full of anger, frustration, and disappointment. I realized that I am at best, an average pilot, especially against such overwhelming odds. These aliens use a very effective fighting strategy...with one alien drawing your fire while the other three attack you from behind. The odds are against you from the beginning 4 of them to 1 of you, every time. Believe me I tried every trick in the book, but all I got for my efforts was watching myself die in all different ways. I was a little anxious about whether I would ever make it out here alive.

I finally made it to Weth, exhausted, frustrated, seriously pissed off, and with a thumping headache from all the corkscrew evading I did. This is the only time playing CF that I didn't get any enjoyment.

These aliens are NOT for SP play, you need to be in MP to have any chance at some joy. Before you tell me that it is possible in SP, all I can say is that's BS, especially for an single average SP pilot with a great ship and weapons.

The question I face is will I subject myself to such torment again. But at least I can share my experience with others who may find it comforting to know that it's not just them, the reality is the odds are stacked against you in SP if you plan on attacking these aliens alone. Good luck. :(

• Aliens are noobs

Nomads? Maybe... :]

Dom' races? LMAO! FRAPs video of you destroying a wing of Dom fighters or cruisers and/or motherships by yourself, completed unaided, NAO. :tongue::D

Seriously though, the Inner Core sector is not to be treaded alone Uncleglennie, even with a fully upgraded high-end ship... Unless you're doing scouting/recon missions and mapping the systems... The Dom'Kavash systems are a walk in the park though, as long as you don't piss off the natives. :D

The rewards for destroying Dom' fighters are great though, they possess some of the best lvl 10 guns in the mod.

• Dude, they are noobs. Only after 10-15 waves... you're dead ofc. I don't give a sh*t if you saw me when I was killing a lot of them in hope of finding that " Alien Torpedo Launcher ". I spent a lot of time in there hoping I would find it... and guess what , .. after that time, OP declared it that it doesn't exist.

And Arrow my friend, ..I've been in the Inner Core a lot of times. The fact that you didn't see me there doesn't prove that I wasn't there , lols

And perhaps we can go there sometime to prove you that they are really noobs(until I reach 10-15 waves). Also we can make a few pvps as well(as I am dying of killing someone) .. you can also take someone with you if you're too afraid.

• *facepalm*

looks like I have to beat the shit out of you in PvP again in order for you to shut your mouth again for the next 2months Crysissi :)

I'll come back in June (someday)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Hahaha, looking forward to fight again with ya noob ;] ..... Spy-Kiss

• Dude, they are noobs. Only after 10-15 waves... you're dead ofc. I don't give a sh*t if you saw me when I was killing a lot of them in hope of finding that " Alien Torpedo Launcher ". I spent a lot of time in there hoping I would find it... and guess what , .. after that time, OP declared it that it doesn't exist.

And Arrow my friend, ..I've been in the Inner Core a lot of times. The fact that you didn't see me there doesn't prove that I wasn't there , lols

And perhaps we can go there sometime to prove you that they are really noobs(until I reach 10-15 waves). Also we can make a few pvps as well(as I am dying of killing someone) .. you can also take someone with you if you're too afraid.

***E-thug alert***

:rolleyes: Sure Crysis, whatever you say buddy... And spare me the attitude bro.

Considering the fact I've been on the last few Inner Core mission events sponsored by the PX and the SA, with a crapload of freelancers and other clansmen regulars on the server and what happened against the Dom's with a full wing of fighters and some battleships, I'm sorry but I'd have to call shenanigans.

I'm not going to deny the chance you might be better pilot than me Crysis, because I don't have the time to devote to become a PvP master of Freelancer, much less do I have very limited amount of time to play on the server these days. However I choose not to get into e-penis contest usually associated with PvP,(and the associated butthurtz) because there are too many other variables that play into who loses and who wins in a pvp duel, at that point it no longer becomes a game of skill or chance. (read: PING times dictate who loses and I'm the other side of the pond from the server) Bottomline, don't think anyone that can take out Dom fighters with the kinds of numbers you're claiming, otherwise, I would have seen it with my own eyes with some talented pilots I've had the pleasure of doing sorties with in the Inner Core for alientech.

The fact remains, the Dom' races are the hardest NPCs anyone has ever seen, especially outside of this mod and I know this for a fact, because I have played lots of Freelancer mods over the years. I have to say, OP has done a fine job in creating the hardest NPCs to date I've ever seen, with the NPC use of bats, bots, thruster strafing, engine kill, massive firepower of 6x lvl 10 alientech guns and the use of bait and switch group tactics as Uncleglennie mentioned, they are very imposing NPC opponents who will give even a seasoned, long-time playing Freelancer pilot a good curb stomping if they aren't prepared for them.

• Crysis =noob who praise ur slf a way 2 much.

Aliens are very good, but in no way unbeatable.Guys u need to know that Crysis is one of the best, especially when it comes about group fights.
    Uncle' u mention some NPCs tactics?
    If so, then use this as ur advantage ;) (fast changing of target and have a patience)

Question
    Who said that u must destroy Aliens by a specific schedule? ;)

• Lols Bond ^ ^ ...

And +1 Orion dude , you're right in most of the stuffs
    I'm also glad that OP made them to be the toughest NPCs in the game, otherwise it would of be kinda ... amm,, boring. I haven't been on the server for a while tough , in every passed day I am losing my skills , so I need to regain them once again. I have my reasons of being in the server from time to time ... I also need the same thing that OP needs , = Activity = ... it brings a lot of RP Action and NPC Hunting. I don't really care who's better in pvp or npcs or in both .... you have your own skills, I have my own skills.. you play the game as how you want to play it , I do it too.. and so I am gonna say only 1 thing now, :

Just play and enjoy of the game.

• Everybody here are lying - the aliens are sweet and cuddly. These are their portraits:

Left to right: Ancients, Dom'Razak, Dom'Setek, Warriors, Dom'Nepesh, Savages, Sentinels, Dom'Kavash

So, you don't need sheilds or armor beyond Utopia or Inner Core. :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• all I got for my efforts was watching myself die in all different ways. I was a little anxious about whether I would ever make it out here alive...

the odds are stacked against you in SP if you plan on attacking these aliens alone.

Isn't the Inner Core big fun?! :)

Six hours is pretty good for your first time through the gauntlet, so don't feel bad! It took me much longer than that, but I mapped each system thoroughly before going on to the next. I was looking for the GMG wrecks.

Anyway, I already told you how to survive the Inner Core in SP... fly a BullpupMk3 and evade most attacks. You still have to fight a few, but pick your fights. The dual thrusters rock for evading pesky Doms. Thrust, turn, and fire a couple of shots while sliding away. That usually scatters them long enough for you to escape.

Another good trick is to lead them into a mine field or explosive gas cloud. Of course, you have to be able to fly quickly without killing yourself, but the Doms usually don't last long in those places.

Also, if you have been playing SP with DIFFICULTY_SCALE = 2, then I recommend setting it back to 1 for the Inner Core. ;)

As DC_Crysis says, you can learn to beat the Doms consistently, but not always!

It would be nice if the friendly Dom'Kavash bases sold DKA's and those nice DK cruise disruptors that have more kick than human CDs. That would make it a little easier to go back and kick alien butt!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Bullwinkle...I didn't give up and I did exactly what you suggested. I forced them to follow me into the minefields around the Venn gate in Jormandar. It worked pretty good, but it took a few trys. The bonus of doing this, is that they dropped a few goodies for the arsenal.

These alien systems would be the best training ground for PVP and MP battles, especially when the clans start to clash like above. It's good fun watching you guys throw darts at each other.

Shockwave...that picture, LOL. You've either got to share whatever you're on with the rest of us, or stop sniffing your own farts.

P.S. I think the cute one on the left really helped with my headache from last night's gruelling experience. Cheers

Just curious about how to set back the Difficulty Scale in CF? For future reference.

• Shockwave...that picture, LOL. You've either got to share whatever you're on with the rest of us, or stop sniffing your own farts.

Ew. It was a few glasses of tasty red wine and I'm not sharing... Get your own on Malta. :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf