CROSSFIRE 'n SWAT FUTURE an open letter

There are 140 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• The one of the SPs is a good example... and thhat online message that says "SPs will help you as they can etc..." but the important thing "If there are no Server Police online call or PM OP(adress)"... well, OP should receive more than those 1500 monthly PMs ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• well its too late for anything
    i have waited 2 months (actually even longer) for this community to wake up... this has not happened

my job was done and i did it right
    i clearly stated what the job of this community would be to have a future... that job was not done
    result is the same crappy situation we had at the end of 2009
    it has not become any better and the promises are long forgotten
    this community is dying and im not going to stop it

oh and a 6 ppl coming to a meeting of a community which holds more than 8000 members is a pure shame... nothing that anybody should be proud of

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I thought of "staff members", since they were called upon.

About the commnuity of 8000 it would be a shame, but out of more thsn 8000 ppl downloading, only the smallest part ever goes playing public.

And even a smaller number will spent a dimes worth thinking, what they could be worth of others work.

And an again smaller number get their bum moved and at least attend a forum.

And so on.

But at least it will always YOUR decision to live and let die, what's going with SWAT, what will happen to the Crossfire server.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• OP, it took one month before any Staff was made... and we offered help since the 1rst meeting, but we(some) also neded a heads-up to start goin with it ^^ :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i wonder why you believe that this has anything to do with the staff
    the staff is not even matter of topic

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i know the response to this however, over the period of freelancer great mods or should i say exceptional creations have come and for all the time creating them dissappeared to dust very quickly.

you op with all the intelligence created this mod crossfire and like adrenline drove you to it,s wonders now

but it,s like a tennis game backwards and forwards it goes instead playing the mod and enjoying it the reason everyone plays.

if you have had enough it,s yours pull the plug

kermit

• I'm new and i know it's not my place to comment, but i know when something is wrong and can't keep my mouth shut (it's one of my program errors).
    I am one of those who came here just for the game, not neceserely for the comunity and such, just because i loved Freelancer (the only game i ever baught) and wanted to try it again. Then i heard it can be moded and started searching. I finily ended up here. I'l be honest with you, i didn't even start to play (i dono why, mabe an error, but i'l make it work even if it's the last thing i do) and the only thing that made me want to try it is the screenshot, giant set of features and inovations that you put in to it... but that's not the point.

Like it's been said before, no one can stop you to kill the project nor make you continue it, because lets face it, you can't turn the world on your own. Just don't kill it because of the negative influence of others.

As i said, it's not my place to comment, but mabe, if you do kill it, if you do not want someone to "help carry the torch", like NucNuc said, then why not pass it alltoghether to some other moder to integrate in his own mod. It wold be like mariage (Your life, under new management). Theoreticly it wold be like what you did, taking Freelancer and continuing what Digital Anvil started.

As a closing statement all i have and want to say (thow, unfortunatly, i can't speak for all the comunity) is thank you for what you have don for us!

• We'd need the organization of other places for a bigger mod like this... if you/we loose control, it get's a chaos...

Segga, good post, very objective... but you don't know much enough about it to know that nobody would gift his work to another without a very good/heavy reason.

• The reason i posted was that i kinda know what he's going through. I had a project once to make a game in Blender. Only knowing modeling, texturing and too little python to code, i asked for help from some friends. They helped but after some time they just up and went away without saing anything. From what i read the situation is similar. Nobody up and left him but he didn't have the help he needed, when he needed. I know i felt crushed and i can see he feels like that too, now.
    What i said about OP giving the mod to someone else is a worst case scenario because no one wants to se Crossfire die.
    And i also know that you, OP, care about the project because once you start something on your own you put every bit of soul in it. And althow no one helped you, you still finished it... even if it was to prove someone wrong, YOU DID IT!
    And besides that, it took me 2 days to instal the mod... had some problems, i reinstaled windows 3 times. I'm not gonna lie, i didn't do or say this to make you feel better, i did it to play the freaking game. YOUR GAME!
    Mabe all of this mai sound like "Ah, he just wants to convince me to continue so he can play something for free"... and the answer is yes... but it's no at the same time. It's a great game, it's free. But it's also your work of art. Who else can say that?

• It took me one week to make a final decision.
    While I have to say that this week confirmed that my decision is right.

I am not sure what your definition of a community is but my definition of that word is different from what SWAT has become.
    I have created this place for players that want to play with each other, which want to have fun and which want to stay together no matter what they play. This place was created for the players eventhough i clearly dislike the game (Freelancer). My game was Starlancer (that is long time dead meanwhile) and i was glad running the SL community as long as possible. I agreed to run the FL community aswell and it was ok as long I knew why i am doing that. I did do this for the members of my clan and a bit later even for the members of other friendly clans.
    The Crossfire mod was nothing that i really wanted to do for myself... it was created long time ago for the BloodGuard clan. It went through various versions because it was neccessary for other clans and their members. Now it reached a dead end because the clans have decided to go a way that i can not follow.
    Long time ago the SWAT clans (the official SWAT clans) where there to support SWAT, they served the purpose to make SWAT bigger and more successful. Today the situation is twisted. SWAT only serves the purpose to support those clans and I serve no purpose anymore other than doing the work and taking the blame.

For close to nobody of you SWAT has an importance and if you are honest the members of the clans are not even supporting their own clans. I can remember times that members were proud to be part of a clan and to defend that clan at all costs. Today members often act like jerks and do crap because they feel bored.
    The word community has lost its meaning.

I have seen clan meetings with more than 40 clan members being there for the only reason that they did care and those which were not at the meeting at least gave a Notice of departure.
    Today I can not even expect to see 10 ppl attending a community meeting which has been declarated as "IMPORTANT", a meeting which took me half a day preparation.

I have spent 2 years of my life to build the latest version of the mod, 7 years to build this "community" and YOU and your m8s are not even willing to spend 1 hour per month for the future of this community. That is absolutely respectless.
    There is close to nobody here which has not requested help from me in the past years. And when I didnt solve your problems within just a few hours I was being blamed by you ppl (yes i generalize again - if the shoe does fit you should wear it). How comes that when I request information (such as the info about event managers or the server police) I have to wait weeks, sometimes even months until I get that info? How comes that if i request help it takes months aswell before i get that help or I never get it?
    The members of this community always expect to get an answer and help when they request it, so why am I the asshole which has to beg for it all the time without that something happens????
    I remember many forum threads where i requested something from the community and I also remember meetings where i requested help... I am still waiting.

I am absolutely not interested in any excuses. I am just interested in results. But those are missing.

You have a problem with the low amount of players online?
    Want to know who is responsible of that?
    YOU.
    If you would have done what i have requested the server would hold 50-60 players now.

You have a problem with the low forum activity?
    YOU.
    If you would start to act like a member of a community the forum would be full of interesting discussions and useful information.

You have a problem with server crashes?
    YOU.
    If you would have supported me, taken work of my shoulders I would have had the time to solve all the problems.

The only problem is YOU... but i cant change you. From all the abilities that I have... this one does not belong to them. Either you learn to be a part of a community or you see one dying.

My decision is pretty simple... I will do nothing.
    I wont give any support to CF anymore, I wont give any support to anything SWAT related at all. You are on your own. Either you decide to be a community and start acting like one (and here i dont mean just a few players which post a few clever statements at the forum.... i mean ALL players, all clan members, all staff members, just EVERYONE)
    I dont like ppl with smart ass comments... I want to see ppl which act.

I actually dont care how long you will take... but you should know that every wasted day will make it harder... you are going downhill and way up will be much longer the more time passes by.
    When I see that SWAT is an active community again that is FULL of members which want to have a future here then I will return.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thanks for the clarification of your decision, OP. It helped me, personally, to understand you better.

And with that

I actually dont care how long you will take... but you should know that every wasted day will make it harder... you are going downhill and way up will be much longer the more time passes by. When I see that SWAT is an active community again that is FULL of members which want to have a future here then I will return

you leave us, at least me with some hope, that SWAT and Crossfire MIGHT not end.[SIZE=1](silly, but I still believe in the good of mankind, also of "gamerkind".)[/SIZE]

A last question from my side, the I will leave this thread, as it is.

Will SWAT-portal come back fully operational, with all it has to offer (tuts, tools, downloads,etc) to be reached over the "normal" adress, or only via the forum-connection ?

Thx in advance.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• If this is the beginning of the end it is very sad indeed.

I always throught this was a great community of people in SWAT - there a few examples of when I wanted help - mainly regarding technical issues I always got it.

And after quite a few years gone passed - I still consider myself part of the SWAT community even though I gave online gaming a big heave ho for a year+

Best wishes to fellow denizens that read this post...

Az

• Im pretty sad to read this thread, the new mod is in its infancy but it wont be growing up if we don't collectively change things

• just doing the daily business which has lead to the current problems might not be the optimal solution

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,