1.81 crashes

There are 153 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• there is nothing i can do against it
    there was only 1 file updated and that is CLEAN
    Its just the usual problem.... PPL DONT RESTART THE FUCKING GAME

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Dear OP,

as already suggested elsewhere,

put up a console text or something in the "welcomming" sentences like

"On loss of server connection please DON' JUST RELOAD out of freelancer main menu BUT [SIZE=3]RSTART FROM WINDOWS VIA LAUNCHER[/SIZE] ! Otherwise you crash the game for everybody else too." ,

perhaps in even bigger letters. Then perhaps even the dullest might follow what seems almost natural.

But I don't know how much effort it would take to do so and if it would be worth this effort.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• i believe that - even if i put that into a message box popping up before u can click on multiplayer button in that launcher - ppl will just not read but click and ignore it...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• then code a message into the launcher that they must read and acknowledge before the game will launch....or find a way to not allow a relog , so it forces the player to re-launch

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• they still click on ok without reading it in the same way i click away useage licences

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah, I thought at, when the server crashes, right when it's on the intant of the red lag while crashing it should CTD (Crash To Desktop) and so all people will have to close the game, or even the PC :D But there should be nearly no crashes so this is not to... disturbing.

@Mellon
    Mel, wtf you put to restart via FLMM in your siggie ! It's just using the normal launcher icon, of the game, that gets you to the game's launcher. The FLMM's one just goes to other kind of bugs like the old CF launcher maybe(like it happened sometime before it get's patched :D ).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• just make the message pop up every 5th game start or so and make it stay there for 10 seconds before the "OK" button becomes clickable

small price for server stability imho

When you reach the end of your journey,the only thing that really matters is the journey itself. -Taoist saying

Originally posted by NucNuc
    put up a console text or something in the "welcomming" sentences like

"On loss of server connection please DON' JUST RELOAD out of freelancer main menu BUT [SIZE=3]RSTART FROM WINDOWS VIA LAUNCHER[/SIZE] ! Otherwise you crash the game for everybody else too." ,

perhaps in even bigger letters. Then perhaps even the dullest might follow what seems almost natural.

This is the best post in the forum for a while [thumb]. People just dont know that the game must be restarted via launcher. The same problem was with the 1.7 and maybe because people just dont know this (all players do not read the forums!).

Chars:
    /D/s\F\-Karpaasi
    /D/s\F\-AvSM
    /D/s\F\-AvSM-

• guess what... if ppl can not handle the dynamic features of this mod any longer because they refuse to "play by the rules" then i simply deactivate these features

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no dont do that :P
    just stick that message somewhere,they`ll read it EVENTUALLY

and meanwhile i recommend that we as players keep telling all the newbies that they should restart from launcher each time

When you reach the end of your journey,the only thing that really matters is the journey itself. -Taoist saying

• Ok i build "new" PC and reformat HD reinstall windows and jump in game this evening after 5 days or so...

1.Inner core multiple CTD... and while flying in free flight my ship bumping in invisible obstacle(like clouds or something) and evry time when this happen ship slightly change course.But this is not the only system with this kind of "invisible obstacles".

2.Server crash about 10-15 times (idk real number) so i decide to reinstall all again(game and mod and uh) nevertheless my game installation was very fresh=few hours.

and again in Inner Core CTD, otherwise game running very smooth for me.And ofc server crashes again...

OP any point for further server crash reports or no?

ps
    I see that dynamic economy running which is nice...but peeps around use F1...idk how (i know for alt+F4) but this is different thing.They using F1 from the start of the mod.Which is not ok.I was quiet about this, til now, but where is the point?So, we can use suicide and many other things?Or i am only idiot who see all this?

No comment
    it's a shame

• in the past 2 months the mod got tested very closely under server conditions
    ALL systems (except sol) were tested
    ALL zones were tested
    ALL ships were tested
    Equipment was tested
    ALL solars were tested
    with the result that nothing of it is reason for crashes

ive observed the server for weeks... no error logs are being created -> so there is no error on the server side
    no memory leak on the server
    nothing

I can not fix something that does not exist and everytime somebody tells me that the server is crashing every 10 mins i go to the server and see it running for hours.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• maybe an IP detection of all the incorrect FL restars should be created if possible . With that you could ban every idiot who doesn't follow the god damn rules ! I'm so sick of dozens of newbs that don't know how to restart the game and play by the rules not THEIR F*** OWN !!

Another thing , OP you could FORCE them to read if they don't want to , then they will be more receptive ! If not , epic fail at server connection ! Also if they try to connect , refuse the connection with an ironic message wich will make them restart the game every time when necessary !

• What about the idea of, adding a little window after the launcher saying about restating the game after a servercrash that has no "OK" button for 3 seconds or so, tha way they have to wait for the button to appear, and maybe read it xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• thats no option

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 2Op: It would be possible to do list logins players after server restart (with time server back on-line and login time any player)? ..And best if any player can use console command (for examlpe /list). Problem with stupid ppl then can be resolved between the players. ...if someone, who not listen, is shot several times and there is big bounty on his head ...