1.81 crashes

There are 153 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• I have a question: Why is the 1.81 server still crashing very often when there are no "false versions" anymore so what could cause the server to crash ?
    (not only crash, but to be off for about 15 mins or more)

EDIT: I decided to do further changes on the server to improve the performance... the next 24 hours are going to b "interesting" considering its performance and maybe a little bit risky but we will see

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• no actually i was not asking myself such a question because when i have released 1.81 the server was running extremely stable and since that not a single file has been changed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• a matter i still have to investigate - especially since the server is running during that time but does not connect to the net
    I have done a small update but it requires long term tests

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well, good luck in that work :)

also, after 4 hours after the 1.81 appeared and you( OP ) were afk, a little after you asked me if the server crashed, then it crashed. And in this weird laggy way... there are really few fast crashes now... think I saw 2 or 3 in a day, but 5 or arround lagged crashes, where the server stops repsonding for a while, instead of crashing.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• that might be due to the extreme size of the mod... the lag reduction kit i am working on might fix that

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• one question OP, if smbd stay at server during red lag, but without any bad intentions, and that way he or they block the server or whatever, then logic say to us, that smbd can do this with intentions and on purpose, maybe to ruin ur work and our joy!And this is just ONE example!
    I do not want to pay attention in wrong direction, cos i know that this situation is ideal platform for paranoid conclusion, i just want to point that this can be possible.

My proposal is close the server for few days, chose 10-15 ppl >>because i mention that server is pretty stable over night<<(if u can find 10-15 in which u have trust^^) and u will find where is the "catch 22"

This is all what i can say for now!!!

• I saw teh server staying with red lag, inactive with 1 and once with 0 players... and it was 0 players a while. The server was still not functional.

And it may be more stable over the night, because there are less people online at once, and server load is lower, as OP said, it's about the size of the mod, and write/read processes. For now.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the lag reduction kit is finished now and will be uploaded within the next few hours
    however i still want to test all FL engine related and network related files on a long term test which requires to have MANY players online

I have not noticed any problems since I started with those tests yesterday (running FL with an old 1.7 network file)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• probably it will never work like 1.7 concerning stability from crashes simply because it's muuuch bigger...

• thats bullshit
    the code is much cleaner, the performance is even better than on 1.7
    it just requires more time to balance everything to work smooth

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• which just means i have to check more of that code

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• it's being updated

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I sure hope the hook will be, cuz I'm used to using slash commands to look up bounties and the like. While not a bounty hunter, it helps me understand who to look out for and the possible crime areas.

Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions
    and great wizards of emerald cities, I find it
    hard to believe there is no paperwork involved
    when your house lands on a witch.
    - Dave James

:tongue:

• the tests need to be done without flhook but i will activate it again asap

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,