1.81 crashes

There are 153 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• Didn't Sol bug used to crash the client only, not the server?

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• i dont know what the problem is
    no errors on the logs and im using the same server version of the mod than a few days ago (and that was stable)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Michael
    And there were no ppl in Sol....

are you kidding me?

the last 2 hours EVERY SINGLE TIME someone was in Sol the server crashes

like for example 10 seconds ago, 3 people in Sol CRASH

it was running fine before they entered Sol

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• :D

Bypass Sol. Transfer Earth properties to that Sylvan something planet in Hyperion, put the Order base in it's orbit, and warp anomaly transfers you to Styx. Sucks, but what the hell... :D

• DKs are removed from Sol...

About that removing Sol, I know it sucks and all, but if that really is the problem and everything else works, wouldn't it be logical to remove it and compensate? Just a thought.

• right and the fact that then the entire mod has to change since sol is a story system and absolutly neccessary for CF

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Then that's not an option. Besides, there were like 4 players in Sol just now, and everything was well. They went further toward Sovet. And then only one player entered Sol (MrJack'sTrader or something like that), worked fine for a while, then crash. I don't know.

What if it's not Sol? A lot of people are in Devron and Utopia, almost all the time... That's all assuming systems are the problem causing the crashes.

• to we r NOT supposed to go to sol?c'mon how could people being there cause the server to crash i dunno if its stupid or not but just scan the server for viruses and registry defects and defragment it

no DK in sol? so where r they?

meh.

• yeah that is kinda stupid... sry
    but the server is getting scanned daily

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• When 1.63 was released and the dynamic economy was introduced, we had the same crashing problems and the crashes were due to people using bugs in the trading to make high amounts of money. It is quite possible this is the case again and people are simply not reporting what they find.

Example: BMG Station BluePrints are found at the Triangulum Dock 2 ( selling) and New London Planet ( selling) and one other place ( selling ) for the lowest price. I did not think the Dynamic Economy allowed for the BMG to be sold at more than one location.

Maybe nothing, but I picked this up today.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Sol is not likely the actual problem, since I have been in that system multiple times with other players, with no crashes. More likely is that there are corrupt installs on players comps, where the do not have completely clean CF files. When there are more players online, there are also more newbies to CF, and not all players are content to desist from trying exploits of the code or "additional" mod features.

It might become necessary to password the server, and do a screening procedure to eliminate players with these corrupt installs. So far, I have not been on the server more than 90 minutes without a server crash, and most all the time, there are players online who I don't recognize (new to CF). It's really difficult to do any extensive system exploration with unpredictable server stabilty, but not impossible. :-|

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)