Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• downloaded the mod and tested the datadisk again
    no problems at all

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    downloaded the mod and tested the datadisk again
    no problems at all

I believe you..i have mcafee av and i believe this is causing corrupt downloads..

One thing though OP..i have de installed crossfire from all file i can imagine it being in,my doc, save games prog files..flmm files BUT...when i re install freelancer again,,the new CF logo comes up on the icon..any reason why that is..must be file hidden in my pc somewhere..any ideas where?

• First of all I want to say, thank you OP.

And now I have a bug report. First time I launched the client after a clean install and everything (deleted old savegames too), the new launcher comes up and patches. I start the game, forgot that I needed to adjust the FOV settings for the resolution, so I quit. When I started the launcher a 2nd time, its back to the old one (1.6)!!! And everytime I try to start, its still the old one.

Also, in game, trying to launch from Trenton Outpost, with some BMGs on board, the game kicks me from the server and reports me as a cheater. Now the others told me its cuz I have the old bugged version, maybe its due to the old launcher version.

Any way I can fix this? Maybe a clean reinstall? Or is that a bug from the game?

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• idk maybe location play the role i was in Nomad's Lair and in Death V...nm

Atm no AV all installations new and fresh including windows XP(yes all is new except my PC :P) and yes i think that bad installations causes part of the probs (? %)

btw, sometimes after server restart, console commands do not function, i see that i am not alone in this, but i think this is "normal" regarding the frequency of the server crashing^

• i dont know where you got the old launcher from
    i checked the files and nothing contains a command to that downloads this launcher

my guess would be that you re-installed FL (or deinstalled) and a CF1.7 file was left on your hdd inside the FL directory (in fact CF1.7 did contain such a file that could replace the launcher)

however... IF your launcher does show 1.6 or anything else below version 2 then you of course will only receive CF1.7 updates which are incompatible with CF1.8 and therefore crash the server

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    i dont know where you got the old launcher from
    i checked the files and nothing contains a command to that downloads this launcher

my guess would be that you re-installed FL (or deinstalled) and a CF1.7 file was left on your hdd inside the FL directory (in fact CF1.7 did contain such a file that could replace the launcher)

however... IF your launcher does show 1.6 or anything else below version 2 then you of course will only receive CF1.7 updates which are incompatible with CF1.8 and therefore crash the server

Well yeah turns out it *was* that. I forgot to delete the directory where Freelancer was installed. So when I started it the 2nd time it got confused and loaded the old launcher.

Fixed it now, its working. ^^

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• ill include a security mechanism now to prevent false launcher updates and apply the last update for this week
    not more time to work on the mod today

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If CF 1.7 is still in the FLMM/mods folder, the launcher will pick up the CF 1.7 website, which causes the launcher v1.6 to activate. Remove CF1.7 from FLMM, and all will be well again. 8)

EDIT: BE SURE there is NO trace of CF 1.7 in the mods folder; I wiped all files I recognized as part of 1.7, but obviously I missed something, because I still got the v1.6 launcher the second time I launched CF from FLMM... ^^

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Two things I wanna ask about, not sure if they count as bugs.

1. I am playing CF 1.8 on normal single player with a german FL-Installation and encounter kind of a speech mix-up.
    At the bars Trent talks english an the NPCs talk german.
    In mission the "minor" NPCs (chitchat of other noninvolved pilots, Beta 4 in 1st mission part 2, the pilots of involved freighters as the USV Brandt or the Transport leader to Willard) and Trent talk english while i.e. King and Juni talk german. Why ?

2. When flying (free or on mission)F1 menue-callup doesn't work. Works fine when landed (or crashed). Wanted this way ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Originally posted by Centaurian
    If CF 1.7 is still in the FLMM/mods folder, the launcher will pick up the CF 1.7 website, which causes the launcher v1.6 to activate. Remove CF1.7 from FLMM, and all will be well again. 8)

EDIT: BE SURE there is NO trace of CF 1.7 in the mods folder; I wiped all files I recognized as part of 1.7, but obviously I missed something, because I still got the v1.6 launcher the second time I launched CF from FLMM... ^^

I can not confirm this
    the launcher updates are not controlled by that website link nor does the launcher take access to the flmm folder

@nucnuc
    1. the speech crossover is result of updated voices which got installed... these contain the names of the stations and systems of CF... but voice samples can not be seperated from each other so now these voices speak english (as this is the version of FL i am playing and the language CF is based on)

2. yep - wanted that way

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thanks for the quick reply.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• In single player, you can alt-tab to another open program on your desktop to pause the game if needing a break

• or you dock

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Okay I found an actual bug this time.

I was carrying BMGs, and got scanned by police, but nothing happened. I then checked my cargo and nothing showed up. My cargo was being occupied by the BMG but nothing showed up as to what it was...

Dunno if this affects that one particular BMG I was carrying (Station Blueprints) or all in general.

I'll try again after the update, see if it happens again.

• Not sure if it's that the power/light of the city zone went off (so the PC shut down imediatly) or for the new updates, cus it's giving Error 4 (no CF update found, so no Multiplayer available). I will reinstall again... jut in case. Even Inoticed the patches up to 151 or similar.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Possible bug: I think there's a problem with the NPCs' shields. When their batteries run out and you down their shields when they automatically go back up they regenerate to full instead of 1/4 or whatever it's supposed to be, so if it can be made the same way players' shields go autoregenerate it will be very good cause it's very annoying first to go to 0 batteries and then every time the shield reactivates it goes to full :(

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Well, anyway, now I chose the options I wanted more when activating the mod :D

PS: I can see OP on the server :D

Possible bug: Sentinel and Savage stations aren't made to be dockable, even if they have a dock... right ? Cus with some I could even enter in docking sequence(when I have no conrols or can't exit) but it never ends. THe other Dom Rasak or similar stations doesn't have a dock, so I don't have to try dock with those.. :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis