Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• dont think so - there are still server crashes from time to time and i am not sure yet what the cause is

actually its very hard to find out since i dont know who of you is crashing it and what you are doing

but yes the latest patch through the launcher did definitly fix many problems with systems (even sol is working)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Sol is working? nice.... about the crashes , they may be caused by the versions of 1.8. Some of them maybe has the old version , who knows^^

• yeah...
    I found a bit before a guy that was still having the old version, andgetting kicked.. he's now downloading the new one but there still might be some others or is that there are more bugs that crash the server.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Somebody is crashing the server --> defenetelly... for his pleasure. .. it's impossible the server bugs to bring so many crashes.. and OP already fixed a lot of bugs.. maybe all of them ..

• for pleasure it can't be lol, himself would get crashed too.

And it sux crashes each 20 mins... once I was in Gurm and it crashed... thx for my 2 K armoured ship I had to start again <_< it sux

There still ahs to be something... maybe 2 or more players still using the old version, or, sombody is going on same bug again... or similar.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yeah.. and I've been kicking while trading in New Berlin and always either to the jump gate(and to be returned back to the planet again) or before I land on the planet!...

Then in Sol while entering in one of the jump gates..... pfffffffffff

• crashing in Sol is cool... you continue from the same gate, but crashing in Gurm not... you appear on same gate but you get killed before you see something... <_<

• Well,, don't worry .. I'll crash somewhere in Altair too.. that's for sure... , and then when I login again .. 10000 npcs on me^^

• well, at my second try, I managed to arrive at the Gorlowka Carrier... home sweet home heh... Coalition Rogues love me xD
    (j/k didn't saw any yet Ithink)

PS: the server is saying like... rebooting, but I can ener my account but in half a sec it sayis connection problem. Like it loads but you can't enter the server, just your account.

• well I just see ???? ping and 0 players... like it has no connection. andon CF site and my toolbar it just say it's rebooting... maybe OP's testing something ^^

• The crashes usually comes from not launching the game from its Launcher after a crash or a server restart. Everytime when you see a server crash or a server restart.. go out from the game and go to the CF page and wait until the red message " SERVER IS REBOOTING (By Refreshing the Page) " to disappear and then come!

Anything else than the old version of CF and some bugs.. it can't be...

Not to mention that there were 100+ updates to download from the launcher.^^

PS: Now let's not spam this thread further.. as this thread was created specially to report bugs.. nothing else

• the 100 files from the launcher is just the latest patch... it doesn't fix the bugged version as that one had 318 files changed :D
    So the patch are no excuse to not download the latest fixed version first... keep deactivated 'Screen shot Capture settings' and a clear FL install... deactivating and activating won't work.

• well, i DL 1.8 yesterday. is that the "latest" version? i tried to DL 1.8 about 2 or 3 days ago and couldn't DL anything because OP took it offline. i've installed it (several times) and i think i finally have the right settings. i just need the server to remain stable long enough to test it out.
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• Well, you can also test on singleplayer just in case it's from graphics, it won't work on SP neither.