Crossfire 1.8 Feedback

There are 149 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• Yes, I do't think there will be 'zoom' at turret view... and the transparency thing is even harder. But there could be more distance by the ship inturret view.... a large, wide view of what's arround :D

Also, the feature of the cloaking device... I know we have to build it, and hard... but what we have to do for it ? Ifound some, materials and pices that says about Cloaking Devices... but no more.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• you need ideas on cloaking! why not ask the creator of 88flak for some ideas?
    his mod has a great system for that:D i dont think he'll mind on giving a few ideas?

• @ OP, i was wondering if it would be possible to add the bank feature to CF 1.8.X. the reason i'm asking is because i know in order to transfer funds between char's you need help from someone who is online. i think the bank feature would solve this prob and would allow a player to continue to trade and make credits and keep depositing the excess in the bank. i know that any of the 5 char within one acct can access those same credits and that would be really useful.

do you think this feature is possible for CF? if not, i understand but it sure would be useful. thanks for all the great work you've done so far. this mod is AWESOME!
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• And it would allow people to easily hide their money where pirates can't get at it. So I prefer the current system. Anyway, I'm not sure features that allow people to play the multi-player with less and less interactions with other is a good idea.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• well, as a general rule for pirates you could just kill them get the 100K and any cargo they may be carrying. it was just an idea to make it easier for players to move credits among their own char's without having to rely on someone.

you do make a valid point about taxing and that wasn't my intent. i still think the bank idea would be more beneficial to everyone and wouldn't cause too much damage to the pirate RP.
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• i already said "no"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• problem is cos Pippe thinking in honest way, without any back-hidden plans, also i agree with Myric and OP cos point of MP is in relations between players.
    And as i said TOO many times until now, pride is a main reason, "ohhh how to ask noob for help(i must to explain everything)" or "OHHHH how to ask bloody pirates for help we are enemies and they tax me"or "ohhh how to ask greedy merc for help he kill me last time for bounty"or "Ohhh how to ask stupid cop for help(i will lose to much time in explanation-same as with Noob ;) )".
    Bank Function is useful ofc it is, like many other function, but like in RL minority must suffer due lack in moral and ethic behave of majority.
    :( :)

• I don't see much use at that last post Bond.

Anyway, for a bank command, so pirates don't complain cus they can't tax,, it would be a minimum of 100 mill $ on your char. In that way, you can store what you have over 100 mill, but if you have less, you can't store, but you can withdraw ! ^^

This is a solution to possible conflicts vs players... noone could hide all his $ so he don't get taxed... with a min of 100 mills that would be over lvl 75. Enough for taxes, buntyes, fins...

What about now OP ? ^^ if noone says something against this... would you allow it ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• No restrictions in world... criminal's dream. ;)

And I meant usefulness on the topic... not at all.

• a "no" is a "no"

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Even the idea of the bank is took from another mod, it wouldn't be 'copy', jsut taking the idea...

Well then, we'll have to enjoy the wonderful mod without a good console for a while.

Originally posted by Michael

without a good console

should i take it personal?^^

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• haha :D

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• I cant play :( every time i start it, it says "Fatal error" and then something about my video card.I am able to play the original freelancer and discovery. Please help i want to play real bad.

• Guys lets face it, making money in this game isn't actually that easy. Sure in a days trade you might make over 100m but that is not reason enough to have a bank. I played another mod where they had a banking system and it was only useful there because the mission rewards were up to 50m each. In our FL it takes a little longer than just a mission to get 50m.

If I had to suggest anything it would be to have a command to send money to a character, like Bladed said. That would be useful. Because its not all the time that clanmates are online to help with transfers.

Then again of course you already said no and I accept that. It would only be a convenient thing, not a necessity. :))

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• Just face it guys, OP doesnt want something like that because it takes away from certain RP situations. Besides if he does add it, it will just mean having to wait longer to get 1.81 since that will be one other thing to add. If we are lucky, and OP decides that a command thing for money transfers will be good, he might add it in 1.9, but that wont be for at least a few years and only if he decides it'll be a good idea.

• IF i ever change my mind and consider this bank feature then this will be only when i believe that no other parts of the mod would be affected in a negative way and only if Haegar and I consider this a technically possible and useful feature. These conditions are not given atm.

CF console features never started with a "we have to do..." they always started with a "is this possible.. what do you think about it"

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,