Posts by PipeHitter

due to the possibility of the exile of a player, i respectfully decline your offer and prefer you to stay on the server. i do not wish to be a part of any plan that would ultimately result in the exiling of a player. my advice to you is to rethink this plan or choose to be the bigger person and just avoid any player that you have a disagreement with.
    -PipeHitter.

and if you're using Vista, you need to make sure FLMM is running as an administrator. also, when you double click CF181.exe, right click instead and click "run as admin...".
    -PipeHitter.

well, i don't exactly condone the use of hacking as this steps into the legal zone where real people can go to a real jail. besides, if they're that good at "stealing" perhaps they have a few other good talents to retaliate with.

if there's a legal route to take, i would use that first. just my two cents.
    -PipeHitter.

ok everyone, please don't beat me up for asking an obvious question but with the "almost" release of 1.81, does that mean i have to do a complete clean out of 1.8 and a complete new re-install of FLMM and 1.81? i'm only asking because i want to make sure i'm doing it right and i'm sure there's someone out there that doesn't want to be the first one to ask. it might as well be me...
    -PipeHitter.

well, as a general rule for pirates you could just kill them get the 100K and any cargo they may be carrying. it was just an idea to make it easier for players to move credits among their own char's without having to rely on someone.

you do make a valid point about taxing and that wasn't my intent. i still think the bank idea would be more beneficial to everyone and wouldn't cause too much damage to the pirate RP.
    -PipeHitter.

Originally posted by Marauder
    U can I'm sure go and try and tax them...which is likely to lead to a battle or 2 :D

this might also work:

*thinking* hey, that's the merc slacker who just got the bounty on me *thinking*

--test weapons in "general" direction of merc--

merc says, "HEY, what's the big idea shooting at me?!"

cop says, "what? i was just testing my weapons. test complete, test satisfactory."

merc says, "that's crap! you shot me on purpose."

cop says, "no i didn't and you can't prove it. wanna fight about it?!"

:D --cop kills merc, revenge complete!-- :D

@ OP, i was wondering if it would be possible to add the bank feature to CF 1.8.X. the reason i'm asking is because i know in order to transfer funds between char's you need help from someone who is online. i think the bank feature would solve this prob and would allow a player to continue to trade and make credits and keep depositing the excess in the bank. i know that any of the 5 char within one acct can access those same credits and that would be really useful.

do you think this feature is possible for CF? if not, i understand but it sure would be useful. thanks for all the great work you've done so far. this mod is AWESOME!
    -PipeHitter.

LT - i think those screenshots of ships flying over the surface of planets where from "cutscenes". this game is not designed to be able to fly over the surface of the planets.
    -PipeHitter.

wait... except in planet lost paradise but that's only to dock on a landbased landing platform and take off. i'm not sure how far you can actually fly over the planet. other than that, you can't fly over the surface of the planets.

Originally posted by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}
    Pipehitter, have you tried leaving the screenshot capture setting at default on install of mod, check CTD on launch thread

i turned it off. not sure if i need this setting to actually take a screenshot or not but if this has anything to do with the CTD, then i could care less about taking a screenshot. i'd rather play the game. :D
    -PipeHitter.

well, i DL 1.8 yesterday. is that the "latest" version? i tried to DL 1.8 about 2 or 3 days ago and couldn't DL anything because OP took it offline. i've installed it (several times) and i think i finally have the right settings. i just need the server to remain stable long enough to test it out.
    -PipeHitter.

i DL'ed it yesterday and installed it but keep CTD'ing. i've adjusted the settings several times as per what other pilots are telling me. now the server keeps rebooting so i can't test my latest settings. i'll just keep trying until i get it right.
    -PipeHitter.

@ OP - thanks for all the hard work and what you've done so far!

ok, i'm glad i read all these posts because i was just trying to download it myself and got the error page. i was beginning to think that too many people were trying to download it at once. i guess i'll sit back and wait for the official word.

*mouth watering*
    -PipeHitter.

Originally posted by Myric
    Personally, I use the chatzilla addon for firefox

can you use this chatzilla to attend this meeting? i don't have mIRC and i more than likely won't install it either. if chatzilla works, i'll install that and attend. otherwise, Mich and Bond will be there to represent SFP.
    -PipeHitter.

@ OP - i know that this will seem like a joke to you but you're not the only one that spent money for this game. i know i didn't spend nowhere even close to the amount of money you have spent but i'm sure i don't make as much money as you do either.

i have spent money purchasing a website for two reasons:
    1. for a place for my clan mates to discuss clan relations and open discussions about anything and everything.
    2. to do my part to advertise the Crossfire Mod and the SFP clan.

every website forum that i go to, i put a link to the SFP forum in hopes that someone will see it, click on it and think, "hey, this sounds like a cool game" in turn, hoping to get another new player.

i know that you shutting down CF would be very costly to you but your actions have negative actions to others as well. others, like me, that have spent money for a CF clan and another tool to advertise this mod.

you know, as well as many others (including everyone who reads this thread), that your mod is the best there is. Disco, Hamburg City, Void, Solurus have nothing on Crossfire. what continues to just kill me is the simple fact that my 12 y.o. daughter can't figure out how this silly situation has blown up into a bunch of grown ass men whinning, crying, and complaining about a bunch "he said, she said", pointing fingers, and acting like kindergardners (like you mentioned earlier).

my simple response to her was this: "well, if they would all just shut up, man their cockpits, undock and play the game, we wouldn't have any of these problems." i just can't believe that this 7 pages of bitching only resulted in one thing... shut the server down because no one wants to stop bitching and complaining.

here's a simple solution to this WHOLE problem: "shut up, man your cockpits, undock and play the game!"

i'm truly shocked that you actually have WASTED your valuable time entertaining this whole mess when all you had to say was, "shut up, man your cockpits, undock and play the game!".

please let me know if you plan to say my quote above to the community so we can move on already or provide a date for shutting down CF so i can find a way to recoup the money lost by making a SFP clan forum for your mod.

very respectfully,
    -PipeHitter.

Lucy, as i told you on the SFP forum, you will be missed. thanks for the great fun and PvP. you are (and will always be) a classy lady.
    -PipeHitter.

Originally posted by Gunny
    My Space Lawyer comment was not directed at Stephanov, it has been a term I have used for quite some time, even in CFPD and while in r39. So I don't want to hear I insulted anyone............but, I am not taking the insults any longer, trust me.....and Im not leaving either. Figure the rest out.

*hand in the air like a student* OH, OH, OH... can i guess? pick me, pick me!

how about we meet in-game and everyone can...

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!" *in my best Scarface voice*

how about we stop all this talking and start shooting?! cops vs. pirates
    pirates vs. cops
    mercs vs. (whomever will pay them enough money!)

CSF vs. ASF

shall i go on? why is everyone forgetting one simple fact? THIS IS A GAME! now, man your cockpits, undock and let's get this game on already!

meet you in space! if you have the balls of course. [1] (except Lucy, u can use anything else you have two of that dangles). [8]

[13]
    -PipeHitter.

OP - first, i'd like to say that today is a sad day to learn that you've decided not to continue your wonderful work on 1.8. also, it's a complete shame that the actions of a few continue to affect the entire community.

what i find most disturbing is the lack of punishment to the main offenders. in your post, you spoke about players not conducting themselves in accordance with the server rules. while in NY, i sat there and watched all the rules scroll up and read each one and understood that if i broke one of these rules, i could be banned from the server. yet, each day i pilot my fighter and time after time, i see pilot breaking these rules with no consequences.

i am NOT a SP nor do i ever want to be. simple reason: i would have to ban half the players for not following the rules. what's the point of having rules in-place if no one wants to enforce them because the community would dwindle?

in my many years in the military (and still going), i've learned one simple truth: actions speak louder than words! you want to make your point? then when "proof" is provided from a SP directly to you about rule breaking in-game, ban that player and make them an example. let them go through the process of "begging" to come back to the game. here's a recommendation; ban players for certain periods of time for certain actions.

drive the message home that any rule breaking will result in actions being taken. the only thing left is to actually take those actions.

i have a secret for you: do you want to know why i hate the "Discovery Mod" so much? because that's one mod that doesn't screw around with any rule breaking. they are quick to ban a player and they don't even care. now look at how full their server is. i've had to wait until a spot opened up just to get online. crossfire is by far the BEST mod on the planet but the most players i've ever seen is 25 online at one time.

people hate rules but i'll be the first to tell you that rules keep the peace and people will hate them at first but learn to live with them and enjoy their time in-game.

i look forward to your reply.

very respectfully,
    -PipeHitter.