The 1 Char Club

There are 50 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Xiron.

• I am volunteering to use 1 char ingame.

This will be my brand new char starting wih nothing:
    {LP}SaxonRaider*1{X} (note the *1 tag)

The reason for my descision:

1. I want to enjoy the game as OP intended, making choices of what ships to fly in the game related to my role and what i need to do ingame, rather than just having an uber fighter on 1 char and an uber freighter on the other, which defeats the object. If i need to smuggle BMG aswell as tax people, then i will fly a hybrid fighter/freighter as my 1 ship so i will choose my ship wisely.

2. I cannot F1 out of RP, i dont like it when others do it, its cowardly, and i feel its abusing game features, so i am proving by not having the option to do it that i am commited.

3. I will be commited to chase people around the CF universe without the ability to just switch chars. (i normally chase and never F1 anyway so theres no change to my gameplay here)

4. I will enjoy the game more as it will be a challenge: Hard to make money, and more exciting pvp against others that are in the club.

5. I will not be able to do trading cheating by dropping loot, switching to fighter and beam up loot to sell with a ship that will dock at the station. So theres no quick money making to be had for me!.

6. I will not be able to have store characters which is effectiveley doubling my capacity per char to hoard ridiculous amounts of money and weapons and other items. Therefore what you see ingame is what you get.

7. Cheating with money will easily be discovered as my cash will be impossible to make in the quick time as no longer switching money between chars can be an excuse. As i dont cheat, this doesnt affect me at all.

8. I will be for the most part ignoring RP with people who are not in the *1 club as they could easily abuse features of the game. I like to play with people who play fair.

-------------------------------------------------------
    If anyone else agrees they would like to make this their roleplay and their way of playing please feel free to sign up to this club by agreeing terms listed below:

1. I will only use 1 ingame char and 1 account.

2. I will start this character from new without transferring my money over from previous chars.

3. I will make my new char with *1 tag to show my commitment to the club.

-------------------------------------------------------
    I understand some people will think im mad, but really, i'm not. I just like fair gaming, and i want to enjoy all the features of CF 1.7.
    Thanks All and GG!.
    :D

• I can't join this club, as I'm Event Manger of two events, and one is the new Starflier TDM that brings happiness to many, and I need chars, and credits for that...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• [SCHILD=19]respect[/SCHILD]

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• no - the beard is not white yet, but at least i have a beard

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• +1 Saxon :D

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Two thumbs up, Saxon. Hail on long range, whenever you'r up for some good fun RP or just PVP.

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar

• Too bad he will have to do this once again together with the rest, if OP doesn't change his minds... and regain his hope.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Nice Post Saxon ..
    I have 4 char all Named Ghostmann : :: :::
    One is for starflier TDM that i only use for that event ::: ,
    2 are Peon Freighters that i use for trade and BMG runs
    Last one a Fighter which i use high value smuggling and arms runs .
    Feel free to hunt chase me anytime .. dont worry about my lvls , will pay or try and fight depending on my cargo at the time .
    All 3 will have a smugglers license .
    No i will not and never have F1 ... if i know im being hunted i dont switch chars but play the game as everyone should .

• Well after our wipe in the next month or so, I will go down to 2 chars only.....Trader and fighter.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Damn good idea. Maybe first using train and after that buying fighter. All done ! Really good idea :)

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Tyrael
    Damn good idea. Maybe first using train and after that buying fighter. All done ! Really good idea :)

:) awesome! double thumbs up, and think of the good roleplay we can have when your in your train and im in a heavily gunned light freighter trying to tax, no doubt it will be tough as i'm sure your first upgrade will be coal turrets, lol, even a train may proove a tough target.

Thanks all that are posting here. its really good to see people having a think about it and realising its not all about vast quantities of money and hundreds of chars. and as Tyrael has noticed, if you wanted to get more money again for your fighter, all you have to do is buy a train again for some trading. not so much a big deal. :)

Yes i can understand some of you thinking about things such as how to defend the clan system etc... that crossed my mind also, so i hope to help with Marauder to build up LP a bit more so we can have always people taking turns having someone near home system. where theres a problem theres always a solution.

Well, i am doing the RP business as usuall (i have got myself a tempest but i think i might go try a Peon after having problems docking in prisons to sell pods in my Sarafina, and im a little worried about the small cargo of a fighter). im enjoying the game more than ever because of it. It makes new challenges and you need to overcome these by thinking how your going to use your clan and teamwork to tackle problems with only having 1 char (or limited chars) Sure its more work, but more fun i think.

I dont think any less of anyone who doesnt feel the need to go 1 char only. We all play the game as we like. It would be nice to see some more faces on the server though it is a bit quiet at the moment. not many scurvy space dogs to tax arr.

• I'm with Blade in that i will use 3 ship's : Fighter/Explorer, Trader train and Custo Defender

------

Staff Sergeant KhohnJao

GwaedGiardiau - Atal Amddiffyn Ymateb
    BloodGuard - Preventing Protecting Responding

------

------
    Fuck it all, Fuck this world, Fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't exist, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!

I push my fingers into my EYES!!!

• off topic : atm i have 8 chars and i`m using only 1 :D :D :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• I will use 50 chars, BG_Spiky1, BG_Spiky2, BG_Spiky3,BG_Spiky4 BG_Spiky5 BG_Spiky6 BG_Spiky7 BG_Spiky8
    BG_Spiky9BG_Spiky10BG_Spiky11BG_Spiky12BG_Spiky13BG_Spiky14BG_Spiky15
    BG_Spiky16BG_Spiky17BG_Spiky18BG_Spiky19BG_Spiky20BG_Spiky21BG_Spiky22BG_Spiky23
    BG_Spiky24BG_Spiky25BG_Spiky26BG_Spiky27BG_Spiky28BG_Spiky29BG_Spiky30BG_Spiky31BG_Spiky32BG_Spiky33BG_Spiky34BG_Spiky35BG_Spiky36
    BG_Spiky37BG_Spiky38BG_Spiky39BG_Spiky40BG_Spiky41BG_Spiky42BG_Spiky43BG_Spiky44BG_Spiky45
    BG_Spiky46BG_Spiky47BG_Spiky48BG_Spiky49BG_Spiky50

49 of which will be a Pink Eagle and 1 trader

PREPARE TO DIE

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Yep ghostman, until people get trains, events like Starflier event, where you just need an empty Starflier heh are an interesting source of credits. 20 mill, 5 mill, 10... :D

That only if OP will ad some credits for the event in the EM char. If not, no event will be going on for months.