Server situation

There are 166 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I'm not going to contribute to flaming this thread...so I'd have to respectfully ask that you keep it simple.

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• if I remember two years back we still had troubles around, i cannot remember to have seen so many BGs around that it would have exceeded the amount of allowed group chatters. We had other problems to solve and we had insults as well. We had whiners and accusers - same as today.

BTW - where are all those BGs now. You left Spiky alone on the server - come back - fill the server with BG - have fun again. With 40+ players all playing stucked on the rules and having so many laughts.

I think this sounds like a fairytale. Playing on an international server with so many cultural differences means always to have some quarrels. I doubt that this ever will be different - no matter what actions are taken. Only closing the server will bring you peace and silence for "all shit" that is going on.

• I'm very surprised you don't remember the amount of players on back then Huor, i can safely assure you BG did have to many players on to be in one group, as I'm sure players like Laser and Flyin SI and even OP can confirm.

but other than that i totally agree with you Huor :)

Anyway i'm going to pop on the server for a while now, so if any of you would like to blow me to small pieces please join me as i could do with some training lol:)

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Three Sites of a thread, nothing changed - but ppl start to insult each other (I don´t mean the funny little dark cloud thingy) Welcome to CF.

So it will go this way:

1. Silence,
    2. in the backround ppl start mixing RL and the Server Life again,
    3. ppl. will get angry,
    4. ppl. will start fighting here or somewhere else but not at the Server,
    5. hostility again,
    6. it will come to swat somehow
    7. OP will make the next "changes"
    8. ppl will ask why, oh and no
    9. ppl will make some suggestions
    10. suggestion will not be heared
    11. Silence.

repeat it from 1.

We are btw. at Stage 2. (for those who don´t know it) again - so no need to change anything - just remain where you are, go and make it all from the beginning again - this server don´t need any players ;)

Originally posted by Daywalker 28.10.2009, 10:15 AM
    probably, lets see where it is going to when i don´t answer this anymore...

Let me additional quote an old friend here:

wasn't that long ago you wore the BG badge and always spoke in a friendly manor and rarely had a bad word to say about anyone, back then i considered you a friend on Cf and one i respected.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Words for good, for fun and more wouldn't work here if there are just few if not one... I prefer continueing on my "acting" than words on forums. As people who post here, makes an entire text thinking before posteing, for their purposes, to good, neutral or whatever. A simple chat, in-game or anywhere, would stop people from thinking on how to hide their reasons or problems before talking, and maybe discover something different/new at the other one, and change his and their opinions.

Give it another try at the situation ! You will do nothing to solve or remake things that happened in the past with others and with the server(as it got more... empty few times). It's like your friend got punched hard, and you go hit that one for revenge. Would your revenge help with something real your friend except pride, or dignity ? Your friend would still have his mark of the punch... that dissapear/gets cured with time. If you continue hitting, they won't dissapear/cure.

As you can notice, the server's hit gets cured (the one of lost players, and fun, and so on...) with new players, and I made some others that likes space sims like this to know about CF mod. But stop hitting the server more... by hitting it's players.
    STOP ! And let it cure, and reborn, with each new player, each new member, the clans and server gets bigger, in group there is more fun, better battles... etc,etc,etc.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• My Space Lawyer comment was not directed at Stephanov, it has been a term I have used for quite some time, even in CFPD and while in r39. So I don't want to hear I insulted anyone............but, I am not taking the insults any longer, trust me.....and Im not leaving either. Figure the rest out.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• you want to know what happened to BG?

BG once was very strong ... leaded by the means of honour and glory
    a clan with more than 100 active members
    a clan which grew strong on the first and oldestes clan server in FL
    a clan server which totally was dominated by BG

later the clan got thrown from that server by its own leader (me) because of decadence with the task to learn again whats important
    that was the time when BG did move from server to server to show and prove its strength... and BG did what was its task
    after BG fought the so called strongest clan -> the snakes and their allies without loosing the war the clan re-gained the right to have its own server

that server was called Crossfire
    due to an accident i was injured for 6 weeks and used that time to build the crossfire mod (first version).

BG rules once again over that new server but the clan leader decided not to repeat the mistakes of the past
    freelancers where asked to form new clans on that server
    the first one was known as the "ice pirates" (baldwin was one of its early members) the second one is still known as the Dragon Corps (DC) with its founder Dragonslayer (and todays leader and respected SWAT member Haegar)
    those clans got support by BG
    BG did training together with those clans to teach them how to fight and how to stand enemy attacks
    BG even used to do recruitment for those new clans

As the ice pirates and dragon corps used to be very loyal to BG and its philosophy there was way too much harmoney on the server to please the clans need to fight

BG_stonedraider and BG_privateer along with some other BG members decided to seperate from BG to form the first pirate clan and opposing force towards BG
    Instead of punishing those ppl which violated the rules of BG by this step just like it was by the BG clan I allowed those rogue BG members to form the LP clan
    I went even futher by supporting LP more than I supported BG knowing that both clans and the other existing server clans would benefit from the conflicts

over the years more and more clans got formed... supported and rescued in times of trouble by my order

if you ask yourself where the BG members are today
    they are... or at least were part of your clans
    and for more than one year BG did no active recruitment
    BG has taken distance from recruiting players that might be benificial for other clans
    BG just survided the past years because old members returning (old member which had a glory past will always return) and because of ppl which got attracted by BGs history.

I might not be the clan leader nor a member of that clan anymore (eventhough the clan decided that i would be welcome at any time) but i know how much harder it is for them than it is for every other clan simply because the policies that i once introduced are still active.

It meanwhile fills me with pride that the members which i once have choosen, those that i directly have recruited and those that i hace trained long time ago have an very good understanding of what is really important. To see such a development after all those years that ive not being active means alot to me.

I dont want to praise BG any longer ... i believe my words so far might even have gone a bit too far as they are partly based on a subjective oppinion.

However - I have to ask myself why one clan willing to do so much and give up so much for a server... and why other clans are not even willing to give up an oppinion about RP... rules and much other shit.

damnit
    i m going to be very subjective now
    BG once was my clan... i was more proud of the clan than on eveything i ever did
    and i stood behind every decision that was done
    the ice pirates were our friends and we supported them
    DC got supported by us and DC later decided to support us
    same can be said about LP
    even PIA once belonged to the trusted friends
    but after the chaos wars every clan went its own way only taking care of itself
    that was 3-4 years ago

first clans after that wars were r39 and n0x... followed by CFPD
    all other clans which exist today are newcommers which benefited from other clans
    unfortunatly beside fighting skills they didnt learn from the old clans
    even worse
    the old clans: BG, LP, DC have learned from the past
    they are not intested in any political shit
    BG a police clan and LP a pirate clan which should be mortal enemies dont have any issiues with each other... for years an agreed roleplay took place even allowing LP members to invade BG space
    no conflicts at all

only the newer clans cause the troubles (and that is an objective observation)

i am not sure what the cause is
    old rules...
    history...

seriously i can not explain it
    of course... my subjective oppinion does from time to time hit some exceptions
    not everyone does act the ways i described but there i sense a common interest or at least a more frequent communication
    (a BG member would now say something like "communication sux"... but that is a different story)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Then, since i'm in one of those clans you didn't mention as being capable of learning from the past, i want to know exactly when and how TRF fucked up.

Example and facts. Please.

Really, OP, i beg you to tell me now whether TRF caused this trouble we have now and back it up with facts.

And if you can't, stop that crap.

• He didn't had to say all clans, and exceptions as there are many... he just pointed at the first 3 clans as being the less conflictive ones. Not that ALL the newer clans made problems... just newer clans in general imo from his words... as there are also Fallen, IOC, UAC, H5N1, MN, SL, PHQ, MW and other clans that he didn't told about.

And I also see this thread got populated... 9 players reading it now includeing some BGs. Means people want to stop $#¡t and solveing theese conflicts as soon as possible, by any way while they still can play CF.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ok unless OP says who it is dont worry about it it wasnt directed at you .... this is what he is talking about that imedeate jumping on the defensive about things stop its a game guys supoose to be fun hello but i can tell you this if you think one person can f*** the server than you are insain and please unless you are named then relax its not easy to play when everyone plays the blame game and im tired of hearing about it this is becoming to political ...we need to return to the game ok thats what the whole thing is about getting back to the game..

• Lucy calm down ;) Its not only TRF^^

And OP - as you already mentioned currently there are the less old players on the server, the old ones who could guide with experience. I only can remember Gunny, Privateer and Hägar from the old players. There were a lot more, sure. All i witnessed in my times as leader of a pirate clan is that whenever we created some fun or RP the players soon started to whine. Invasion of clan space or killed train, stolen ships a lot more. Meanwhile the founders of TRF and the majority of my members are playing something different than CF. Reason: They couldnt be really pirates.

As much as you're proud of BG - I am of TRF, Daywalker for PX, Gunny for SFP and Hägar for DC. I dont know much about what happened before TRF times, but you already said that after the chaos wars everything started to get out of order - probably the first time you could have started to act.

And finally i dont grasp where is the difference in more communication and the risk to interfere in clan relations. I meanwhile think - why to care about anyone else. why to care about PX, why about SFP, why about BG, DC, LP, SMG. I rarely remember anything having gotten from those clans at all. I dont want help from anyone - and rarely remember to have gotten it in the past. Clans whos pride is such high shall remain lonely - pride to have regulations not to pay tax (valid for the entire clan). There wont be any agreements or code of conducts with other clans from TRF side.

Edit: Getting back to the game dont change anything. Because there is the origin of all the problems.

• Seems some people here has their attention and shields up. Any possible word that could possibly get directed to them, is an attack and demand replyes, reasons or other stuff...
    And it's not good. Some may feel guilty for something, some may feel attacked, or both, but you(anyone) shouldn't have the problem detector so efficient to see problems where there aren't heh.

Originally posted by Gunny
    My Space Lawyer comment was not directed at Stephanov, it has been a term I have used for quite some time, even in CFPD and while in r39. So I don't want to hear I insulted anyone............but, I am not taking the insults any longer, trust me.....and Im not leaving either. Figure the rest out.

*hand in the air like a student* OH, OH, OH... can i guess? pick me, pick me!

how about we meet in-game and everyone can...

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!" *in my best Scarface voice*

how about we stop all this talking and start shooting?! cops vs. pirates
    pirates vs. cops
    mercs vs. (whomever will pay them enough money!)

CSF vs. ASF

shall i go on? why is everyone forgetting one simple fact? THIS IS A GAME! now, man your cockpits, undock and let's get this game on already!

meet you in space! if you have the balls of course. [1] (except Lucy, u can use anything else you have two of that dangles). [8]

[13]
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• heh, nice one, and nice smilie at the end... but the people who dies or loose in that fight shouldn't get angry or go for unfair revenges else han tryign to kill them again.

• What this server does not need is additional rules or honor codes.

What this server does need is to enforce the existing rules and an easier way to use a wide screen monitor.

The vast majority of bullshits start because someone feels they were insulted. Server rules prohibit insulting others. The people responsible for enforcing the server rules need to do their job or be replaced. Sorry to be brutally honest but these facts are obvious and undeniable.

Enforce the server rules about insults and 90% of bullshits will end.

The only rule I would like to add to the server rules is: accusations that cannot be proven will be considered false and punished by a short term ban; or a long term ban if it is continued by the same person. Repeating an accusation that cannot be proven will be punished in the same fashion.

Banning for rules breaking may result in fewer people playing, but insults and false accusations also result in fewer people playing. The difference is that the banned people will many times play again after the ban, but the insulted and falsely accused many times leave for good.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• fine
    the entire week ive been reading this shit
    Every time i dont point the finger to ppl directly (for the fact that it doesnt serve anything) or once i name a few but dont mention others these fucking assumptions appear.

I feel like in a kindergarden where everyone starts crying once ive taken care of somebody else.
    I am sick of that shit.
    You ppl have learned nothing and you are not even willing to understand.
    I doubt that anyone of you understand what i wrote last night. You are so much concentrated on your clan... on your members that you simply can not understand it.
    you put personal and clan interests above common ones.

Fuck it.
    As usual i am talking against a wall... and i will not go on with this topic
    You can do your shit without me so dont bother me with that crap again.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Every cloud has a silver lining.

Last night and the evening before that, 30 players online (approximately).

Pirates still tax, cops still patrol, and mercs still hunt those few bounties. Events are played, Arena is used frequently for practice by everyone, and there is an increase in noob count, and some older players come and play...

So, it's not all bad. :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    ...Every time i dont point the finger to ppl directly (for the fact that it doesnt serve anything) or once i name a few but dont mention others these fucking assumptions appear.

Thats common sense OP. Once you say all are guilty - all are guilty. If you name a few who did good then all not named are doing bad. Thats logic. If you want that people understand that "shit" you should criticise directly. I learned in a rethorical lessons once: If you criticise someone else - do it directly. Everything else will fail. BTW thats currently happening here.

I feel like in a kindergarden where everyone starts crying once ive taken care of somebody else.
    I am sick of that shit.
    You ppl have learned nothing and you are not even willing to understand.

That depends on what we are supposed to learn and understand. Lucy and me are "crying" (justified).

I doubt that anyone of you understand what i wrote last night.

It contains the same content as yesterday evening: You are the founder of BG - everything was really OK. By the time it got boring and other clans were formed: LP and DC are one of them. All played nicely and were happy. Then there was a chaos war and the peace was over. From this point the clans drifted away. Now we have shit, because we are incapable of ahm helping each other...

You are so much concentrated on your clan... on your members that you simply can not understand it.
    you put personal and clan interests above common ones.

Yes thats true. I dont care about PX, SFP, DC or BG. I have my reasons for it. BTW are they well established and have a good management and run quite well. If i would care about anyone of them than this is called "Clan interference" what finally is considered shit. If I let them be then i put myself interest about common ones what is considered shit. If we are going to be evil pirates than its considered shit. If police is enforcing law than its considered shit - why - because we soon have whiners who post their thoughts about their in game experience on the forum - that soon starts to escalate - that finally is considered shit. So all we do is considered shit meanwhile and i am not going to produce more shit. I play for myself and with my clan mates and fallen ones. As long as I (and Lucy) is not aware of what mistakes - ahm no sorry: shit - we produced we are not going to play with others.

Fuck it.

;)

As usual i am talking against a wall... and i will not go on with this topic
    You can do your shit without me so dont bother me with that crap again.

Hm probably you should really close the server, because as the majority does not know what shit it produced they cannot change anything. As long this is not happening we will always have shit. And as long this is happening you will tell all we are guilty of shit. You are dissappointed, we are dissappointed - everything remains the way it is (right now).

And really people - you think going back to the server just playing the game is solving the current situation? Sure we have some newbies around - sooner or later they will face the same shit again and again. That behaviour is kinda hiding the problems and playing under the mask of peace and happyness.