Freelancer Dreamland

There are 140 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Guest12.

Originally posted by goodone
    sooner u start, sooner u finish. :)

I think OP has more than enough to do right now than worry about hundreds of dialog files.. I KNOW you dont want the release of 1.8 to be pushed back another month.. do you?

I know I dont.. so the girls will live with the man-voice for now.. and if OP wants to work on it later, then we're both in Germany.. I'll volunteer to do the dialogs, if he wants.

It was a great idea.. but seems too time consuming to attempt now..

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• A few new trade goods would be nice, like palladium, antimatter, etc. :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    trent has hundreds of voice samples... it would be a very hard task

you know, that women are known, for talking much more than men do?

so you also know, that the voice samples, trent is having right now, would never be really engough for juni.
    she will have to discuss the color of her ship, the color of her fingernails, and all this stuff she wants to buy in the gocery, and also the special dialogs with the comodity trader in each station, about special offers of hair-color, vegetable, women paper (if they get bored of waiting for something) and a special station too.. called hair styling center (just for the juni characters) rofl

it could be funny to see, those much chars, waiting infront of the station (cause it says 'sorry we are full at the moment, you will be clear to come in, when its free')

think about that OP :)

so long..

trent has hundreds of voice samples... it would be a very hard task

There you go, Mizi; he didn't say no, and he didn't say it was impossible... :D Just write down all the phrases Trent uses in the bar (in multiplayer), and you'll have all the feminine voice sample necessary to make Juni-Trent sound normal in MP. If you want to give female Juni-Trent a feminine voice in SP, you'll have considerably more work ahead of you... :(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Centaurian
    A few new trade goods would be nice, like palladium, antimatter, etc. :D

The antimatter should be a black list commody, cuz we know, that its extremely dangerous :)

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• I would like to have a kind of bank account...instead of use charcs to keep the money...something you could access from any charc you have and transfer money to it...anywhere in the space. :D

I know my friend Bode would love that...hehe.

• ok, the easy things i could like too (instead of a complete new market which would need more time.)

Make the BMG a little more expensive with the same amount of profit (means add 10000 to every BMG).

Vips should be better to sell on for example Planet Leeds (it´s because of the dusty climate which gives you a feeling of industrial Holidays) lets say 1900 credits. the Luxury Liners Shetland and Hawaii should buy it for 2500 Credits.

This would bring a fixed Route II to Bretonia.

Kusari is more or less normaly the manufactor of Optical goods. Crystals could be sold there - for example buy them in NT for 400 Credits and sell them at Honshu for 1700. the actual Earth travel for 1559 credits profit could be raised to 2612.

This would bring a fixed Route III to Kusari.

We all know that Liberty is a beginners Place because the Crystals would be in Kusari we would need another fixed commodity or two for example Tobacco and Coffee buy Tobacco on Manhatten for 300 and sell it on Housten for 1600 buy Coffee for 300 and sell it in Denver for 1600.

This would bring two fixed routes IV and V to Liberty.

Also make a round trip to the fixed selling points with a little more profit.

If you don´t like to edit the several market files - i would do it and would ilustrate the changings for Haegar and you.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I think kerm had a good point there, new routes should be improved in order to diseminate the trade traffic by the different spaces, instead of concentrate it all in Rehinald.

IMO that would improve the Pirates/cops RP and will make us patrol other zones...

Im not saying higher profits just sames (more or less) but in alternative locations.

• I wholeheartedly agree with Damian about the money issue. It would be great to have a Bank of Sirius from which we could load money onto any char, without constantly switching and having to locate someone for transfers.. that would really be convenient.. Great Idea! :D

I also think Kerm has a truly inspired idea about updating commodities to create more diverse trade routes. That would make everyone's RP both more exciting and challenging.. for the cops, the pirates, the smugglers and the freelancers (the last two will have to keep an eye out for both).. :D

As for the Juni character, I am only interested in the MP. I don't care much if there's a girls character in SP, since I've never played SP. If the hundreds of dialog files OP was referring to was for SP, then that was a misunderstanding...LOL. The MP character is the only one I wished for.. hehe. [12]

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• An in-game calculator would be nice... ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

Toilet flushing audible for a player "goes bankrupt what a shame".

Thumbs up for that one :D.

I'd really love to see new interface features implementes. Like mentioned before the MP3 player integrated, calculator (to quickcalc traderoute profits you share with others in a teamtrade or so.)
    and...... A REAL RADAR!
    I know many 3d space shooter who did successfuly implement a 3d radar into their game. Personally I like the one used in Spaceforce2 showing a bubble representing you 'event horizon'. Targets are shown as points on the bubble and become larger once you head towards them. The Bubble turns around just as the ship does and also lets you know about your 'altitude' in space below or above the z-axis aswell as your direction. I dont mean to replace the existing tho. All these features gotta be optional^^.
    Also what about mouse-buttons to manage groups and subgroups of guns right in the gun window bottom right.
    Im also thinking of an ingame leaving a message for someone who is offline solution. There can always be alot done to the interface and usability of certain products. Freelancer aint different :)

• about ideias for CF ( and I thoght these was more like a general moding thread and not a specific one for CF)
    I like the Kermit ideia, plus a long waited super trade route between Sirius and Altair, or why not even to a hidden Order base in Scotia, basicly something really profitable but really danger at same time :].

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

A REAL RADAR!
    I know many 3d space shooter who did successfuly implement a 3d radar into their game. Personally I like the one used in Spaceforce2 showing a bubble representing you 'event horizon'. Targets are shown as points on the bubble and become larger once you head towards them. The Bubble turns around just as the ship does and also lets you know about your 'altitude' in space below or above the z-axis aswell as your direction. I dont mean to replace the existing tho.

I think that was called a "gravidar" and i find it not-quickly-and-easily-understandable^^ imo good old FL map is better...

oh-oh! To see other MP players ON THE MAP. Like when i see a custodian intruder [in the "Y" window], i know where he is instead of blind-hunting...

and 'd like to have a key that switches between navigating/combat key setups. like when i navigate, i need my Q for cruise and E for docking. but when i fight, it would be much better if i could instantly have my Q for ... dunno engine kill and E for CD's...

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• I haven't played the mod that much, so i wouldn't know if this is in the game.

But how about instead of a large ship (Cruiser/Battleship/Carrier/etc..) disappearing when it blows up, how about the game has something like what it did in Starlancer; where the ship didn't disappear, but a burnt and partially complete derelict would remain.

Originally posted by magnet
    and 'd like to have a key that switches between navigating/combat key setups. like when i navigate, i need my Q for cruise and E for docking. but when i fight, it would be much better if i could instantly have my Q for ... dunno engine kill and E for CD's...

Klau, bet dokot var ar F3, bet Kruiizu var iesleegt ar Shift+W.

My Homepage

(\__/)

• check the topic
    this is not a discussion about CF

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by LaserJet6L

Klau, bet dokot var ar F3, bet Kruiizu var iesleegt ar Shift+W.

Jā es zinu bet forāk ir tad, ja viss ir pie rokas :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Visas F pogas jau ir pie rokas... ja vien tev F pogas neatrodas, teiksim, uz pieres... ^^

My Homepage

(\__/)