Freelancer Dreamland

There are 140 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Guest12.

• Npc protected Clan systems with a random password generated daily for each Clan System. This would allow Clan members to give access to protected space to rival Clan members or to Freelancers on a daily basis.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• In idea for those with peace in their minds: If i'm trading and a pirate happens to come and taxes me, i've got just two options: pay or fight (and quite possibly lose all the merchandise. Of course there's also the option of F1 myself away, but let's not get into that)

Now, why not play another game instead of all that needless bloodshedding? Like, when a Pie Rat sneeks up to me, tells me "pay me xxxx credits or i shoot you" i have the option to answer: "Sure, i happily pay the tax if you beat me in a game of chess / get four / nine men's morris or anything like that.

• I assume lucy that you will do the same when you come to kill me for a bounty...but...I think it would simply not be Crossfire freelancer rather than other game...you will kill the RP in server with that idea...:D

Im a pirate and i want my tax or blood¡¡¡

Unlike me you as merc can have both, the cash and the blood at the same time :D thats your RP hehe¡¡¡

I fact what i would like is to tracktor you pod when i kill you and ask for a rescue money to your mates or to your other characters...in a way that you cant use that character untill i give it back to you...either you or someone else kills me and tracktor it back for you.

Originally posted by Damian
    Im a pirate and i want my tax or blood¡¡¡

Ok, ok, it was just a suggestion. If you want blood, that's what you get. That's fine with me, as long as its yours, hehehe.

I fact what i would like is to tracktor you pod when i kill you and ask for a rescue money to your mates or to your other characters...in a way that you cant use that character untill i give it back to you...either you or someone else kills me and tracktor it back for you.

Well, now that sounds like a great idea. Just think of all the mischief you could do with such a pod, like sell it to that persons worst enemies or jettison it in the middle of hyperspace and leave it there for the owner to go pick it up :evil:

cool!!! 8)8)8)

Click the image above to visit us.

Originally posted by DanimaL
    I haven't played the mod that much, so i wouldn't know if this is in the game.

But how about instead of a large ship (Cruiser/Battleship/Carrier/etc..) disappearing when it blows up, how about the game has something like what it did in Starlancer; where the ship didn't disappear, but a burnt and partially complete derelict would remain.

yup, great idea and easy to do aswell!

from what i know, just set all the collision groups to fate = debris, and set the lifetime of the "[simple]"'s to a very long time, like 15 minutes. then they would look destroyed , seperated, and be untargetable, but they will stay in space for 15 minutes. you would even bump them and push them arround! [9]

however, i think this will only work with vanilla freelancer ships.

• not bad

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Individual paint job for my ship, this dull green-grey-brown the ships are now is just, well, extremely dull.
    This should come at a price, of course.

Originally posted by lucy in the sky
    Individual paint job for my ship, this dull green-grey-brown the ships are now is just, well, extremely dull.

that would b really hard to do - you need to create colors as a piece of equipment that is 1mm [or something] bigger than the ship to be seen. and when u go into mines, your color would get blown off and u'd be left w/ ur old [ugly?] colors... and u'd have to create the colors separately for each and every ship.

we once have a discussion on forums about maybe bodykits or something :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

..... or jettison it in the middle of hyperspace and leave it there for the owner to go pick it up :evil:

hello ????

and there you'll have enough time, to become the DOM's best friend.. 8o
    so they will support you with a new ship, and still give you a dk-gunboat (at least) :D

ok.. im the one, who dont really want to be jettison in the middle of THAT place..

well.. it could be fine, to stay next to the DK-mothership and have a nice coffeebreak, till someone would come and resque my pod from there .. lol

Originally posted by magnet

that would b really hard to do - you need to create colors as a piece of equipment that is 1mm [or something] bigger than the ship to be seen. and when u go into mines, your color would get blown off and u'd be left w/ ur old [ugly?] colors... and u'd have to create the colors separately for each and every ship.

we once have a discussion on forums about maybe bodykits or something :)

Too bad, i thought that was easy to do. Extra tailfins would have been nice too, but i guess that's difficult too :D

Too bad, i thought that was easy to do. Extra tailfins would have been nice too, but i guess that's difficult too :D

colors/bodykits/tailfins/wings - it's all the same from a modder's viewpoint...

<td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• I am relatively new here so I am not 100% sure of the dynamic of the game (still being in the exploration stage and not having got into the the rp side) but a couple of ideas.

Would it be possible for clan bases or systems to have a requirement of resources to keep them running? You need to bring in food to keep the population fed, hyperspace fuel to keep he ships fed and materials for manufacture. This would mean that clans would have supply runs to do or pay traders to keep them supplied. Enemies could set up embargoes and so on.

Someone earlier suggested destroyable jump holes. If these were possible then you could have a resource rich system with destroyable jump holes to each clan system. Once in a while all the JH come on line and it is for the clans to try and destroy all the other JH and protect theirs to gain sole access to the system (until they are all activated again). It could also lead to raids on the clans home system to destroy the other end of the JH.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

Originally posted by Ancalagon
    Someone earlier suggested destroyable jump holes. If these were possible then you could have a resource rich system with destroyable jump holes to each clan system. Once in a while all the JH come on line and it is for the clans to try and destroy all the other JH and protect theirs to gain sole access to the system (until they are all activated again). It could also lead to raids on the clans home system to destroy the other end of the JH.

hmm.. destroyable JG's/JH's would be good for locking clansystems if we well... dunno... need to lock 'em if there's a intruder on the run or just simply lock'em if we need :)

oh and once again - see ALL MP players on map in current system

</tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• OK, while we're dreaming: as an avid trader, I'd like to see cargos with dynamic effects. For instance, if I'm transporting unstable isotopes or planetary incendiary bombs, for example, and a pirate decides to shoot me down for non-payment of extortion $$, then the cargo can detonate in the process, resulting in significant "splash damage" to nearby ships. This could apply to a whole range of cargo: h-fuel, old-fashioned nuclear device, antimatter bomb components, unstable isotopes, etc. The explosion of the ship hauling cargo would then be enhanced visually, depending on the type and quantity of hazardous materials aboard; one might expect to see the explosion from across the system, if a trainload of nuclear material detonated all at once (think supernova)! Also, if there is a large cargo explosion, the resulting splash damage to nearby NPC ships would set the pirate to hostile automatically. :evil:

Another cool effect would be residual effects from other hazardous cargo on the ship: radiation damage, a residual toxic cloud in space, biological contamination on the ship, which would set off biofilter alarms at bases, etc. Police could fine a pirate for littering, if thousands of documents or scrap metal were strewn about the docking area of bases, or tradelanes, not to mention all those whiskey & rum bottles tossed overboard! :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Centaurian
    OK, while we're dreaming: as an avid trader, I'd like to see cargos with dynamic effects. For instance, if I'm transporting unstable isotopes or planetary incendiary bombs, for example, and a pirate decides to shoot me down for non-payment of extortion $$, then the cargo can detonate in the process, resulting in significant "splash damage" to nearby ships. This could apply to a whole range of cargo: h-fuel, old-fashioned nuclear device, antimatter bomb components, unstable isotopes, etc. The explosion of the ship hauling cargo would then be enhanced visually, depending on the type and quantity of hazardous materials aboard; one might expect to see the explosion from across the system, if a trainload of nuclear material detonated all at once (think supernova)! Also, if there is a large cargo explosion, the resulting splash damage to nearby NPC ships would set the pirate to hostile automatically. :evil:

yeah u could load ur starflier full w/ mines and start bumping enemy battleships^^ <- Walker style (remember Marcus Walker from SP story - he crashed his cruiser [full of mines btw] in enemy BS's to let others escape)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ok I once again RLY RLY want to see all players in current system on map

</tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

Individual paint job for my ship, this dull green-grey-brown the ships are now is just, well, extremely dull.

This could possibly actually be done, By creating a custom shield that changes a colour of a ship. I dno if it can be produced, but i suppose its possible.

Originally posted by magnet

colors/bodykits/tailfins/wings - it's all the same from a modder's viewpoint...

Not really...

if a tailfin or wing was made of copied to be its own CMP, all you would have to do is make it a shield and make a shield hardpoint in the right place. (aswell as giving the fin a dp_connect, but overall its not that hard to do) i have made a ship (the minelayer) this way, by connecting parts via shield hardpoints.

as a "bonus", the fin or wing would be its own collision group (sorta) and could be shot off.

• correct

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!