comdlg32.ocx errors with IONCROSS and server question

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by geisthund.

• Ok soo I keep getting comdlg32.ocx error when i try to run IONCROSS Freelancer Server Operator. I have tried to register the file in windows n everything.. I've tried restarting my PC all sorts of things and I cannot get it to work for the life of me..

Windows 10 Home is my OS

I tried compatibility and running in admin etc.. I installed the program as admin and so forth but nothing works =/

Is there a guide to get this working or anyone have any ideas??

also are their server files yet for Crossfire 2.0 a few friends and I have a decent dedicated server only running team speak off it and we wanted to put up a Crossfire server and all play together privately among ourselves.

Hope to get some feedback on IONCROSS cause I've got a headache.. been trying to figure it out for the past 3-4 hours finally decided to post here and see if anyone else has ideas/help.

• There are no server files for Crossfire and there wont be any because its not possible to run a 2nd server and synchronize the data with the clients then.

as for the server operator (which is totally outdated for many years already)
    -> comdlg32.ocx error - Google-Suche

Sorry, I cant help more on that one since I stopped running that tool in 2005.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Is there any other tool that you would suggest?

• you can try a combination of these:

DS Process Manager

DS Account Manager

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is there a way to use DS Account Manager to edit single player stuff as well and be able to give myself things or teleport me around etc..? or is there a tool/program that does this preferably with a UI instead of typing console commands >.<

Last minute edit: also thanks to all of you who've been very helpful :)

• dunno, maybe if you select the savegame folder in the options

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• So just to clarify really quick is there no server files at all for Crossfire or just not 2.0? When i go to the Filebase here on this site and look under Serverfiles for Freelancer I find Crossfire 1.9 I'm assuming

pt1
    pt2

• Sucks :( would be cool to host my own server for friends n such.. the RP server for me here in America has over 200+ ping =/

If you have stable this ping without lost packets its no problem play CF on server. There were and are more players from US on the server.

• Hi there. I am from NewZealand and my ping is about 350. I have no real problems playing on the server. My loss and flucts are 0 most of the time so I have no issues. When I get loss or lagg then it becomes harder but a quick restart normally gets rid of that problem. We also have players from Australia who have a worse ping than me and they can play just fine as well

• its also cause we're not really RP players or anything we're just lookin to mess around and not bother anyone or be bothered by anyone else either since it'd just be me and friends. last time I played on a RP server I was banned for something about not being in the right system with the right ship?? idk i thought it was dumb tho. it's a game to me i don't do the whole RP thing.

• wtfffff, well here mate, you can just be a freelancer, in any ship, in any system :) Apart from ofc Clan systems, and the ultra secrety, hush-hush admin system :) Which I passed through once or twice :) You will realise when you come across it in Styx system :D
    Tbh, Discovery has rules like that, and I sort of hated it. I used a smile to an admin, and he rarked off at me laugh-squared but however we don't really do that here. Here, you can strap on a pirate license and tax whoever your parrot says. But when you sign upto a clan, you MUST have the correct license, and all ships must be tagegd said Clan IFF. Like mine, I stand with |DP|

L+ Ratio

• its also cause we're not really RP players or anything we're just lookin to mess around and not bother anyone or be bothered by anyone else either since it'd just be me and friends. last time I played on a RP server I was banned for something about not being in the right system with the right ship?? idk i thought it was dumb tho. it's a game to me i don't do the whole RP thing.

CF have only very few rules to care about, you can find all what really is important here: https://swat-portal.com/forum/cms/wiki/crossfire/roleplay/ ... is explained how it looks from "freelancer" view. If you will decide later for more, there are further tabs which will explain details. The best is give it a try, join server and try participate on some announced server event(s). You also can ask questions about server and stuff there, all what may be interesting for you, we will gladly answer them.

p.s.: I did some small tweaking to "freelancer" tab in wiki, hope now there are all important informations.

• it sometimes does that to me on daaaanger zooone it stops and then i die someone fix this please :(

• since there are not many players online anyway you wont be bothered playing on this server. If you want, you will be able to play alone :) Since you are from the US, due to the different timezone, you will be online when its night in europe. So I guess, you will be ok!

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin