CF 1.63 previews

There are 292 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

• this cruising over the planet surface is cool idea...and is it possible to fly over every planet like this one....

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Have to stop myself from wetting my pants and putting my own flames out 8o

[3] there thats better :D

2 words OP..... F***ing Amazing!!!

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• The picture of Earth looks stunning and I may even go back now every now and again to keep an eye on mi mam and dad.

Now we can see where they are harvesting the coffee from - hail South America and the best coffee in the universe.

• *keels over in shock and can't move*

I need a medic! X_x

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• its just one planet which will be this way... the water is "solid" which means you cant have a bath but you will take damage from the collosion

the sky has a barrier so you cant fly up all the time
    besides those few islands there is nothing interesting (well ok a landing pad is there)

the Lost Paradise Planet will be in a hidden system... so it will take some time before you see all this in real

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I know that this is not a suggestion topic, but so:
    What about converting the different battleship turrets and make them buyable on Crossfire docks? Becouse only kusari defense turrets are available. This way, capital ships can be costumizeable.

• I just mapped the entire CF universe and need to go over it again to find the magic jg? Rofl, this will be an adventure :D.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by Tyrael
    and is it possible to fly over every planet like this one....

In my oppinion, as a pseudo-modder, i think it would be possible... But it`s just too much work. I think that even to OP and 5+ more pro-modders it would take more than 6 months to create surface systems for all the planets in FL. Think about it: details, landscapes, textures, features (a landing pad on planet where you do actually LAND)... Everything that would make the mod grow into unimaginable sizes...

[SIZE=3]OK. Here starts the part where i`m freaking out. Don`t pay antention, if you don`t want to get pissed off badly. But i needed to put this out somewhere. And who knows... Maybe there`s someone who`s thinking the same as me? : [/SIZE]

Allready by now CF (mod only) is taking allmost HALF of my HD. I know... i know... you think i just should get a new HD with more capacity, but when i deleted all of my d-loaded files, all games, even document backups (which was very risky tho) EXCEPT FOR FL CF... I could squeeze out just a tiny 1.32 Gig free space out of it. (Damn, i start to sound like Dr. McKay (you know him from Stargate Atlantis) when he gets hysteric... :D ) That`s not normal anymore... i think the mod has grown allready too much in it`s size.

@OP: I hope you don`t take this as an offence, or a try to tell you what to do, `coz it isn`t meant like that. BUT i think we should have a break point in CF... turn the gameplay in a way we allways wanted: RPG!!! Here are only some suggestions that comes in my mind now:

1. You want massive fights? Then delete all trading opportunities and raise the mission payment massively. And keep the missions as hard as they are. Result - ppl would fight more. Ppl would get MUCH beter at PvP`s and that`s what FL is about: FIGHTS!

2. Coalition and the Alliance against the Dom`Kavash and Nomads? Then make the Alliance BE the Alliance not split up in LPI, Rheinald Navy, Samura Heavy Industries, Gaians... Result - ppl could choose their side they want to fight in.

Actually i could conclude what i want to say in a speech like:

Do you rememeber all the modding projects? Sci-Fi Wars, FL-The Darkening, SL-R? They all had nice features in them, but noone was wiling to work on them, coz they would play CF anyway. Here`s my conclusion: Take the BEST features out of the planned mods and stuff them into one proffessional mod, that would impress you so that you would be punched out of your shoes!!!!

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

delete all trading opportunities

I don't know if you're aware of right now, but there are two trader clans... Those trade routes were an excellent addition... don't even mention cutting them of [3] 8)

• Give us more screens pls pls pls :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• @sanny - die chars bleiben

Laser
    size is a problem yes... but even if i concentrate on rp then the size will grow
    i already compress the files the best i can but new rp elements need space

cf1.63 comes with reworked designs... which take space aswell - but i designed things like the new earth in a way it doesnt really need more space than the old one

right now the update client version are 30mb on my hdd (including files that will overwrite stuff from cf1.62)

the main part of the new mod is advanced rp and dynamic gameplay
    there wont be fixed traderoutes any longer
    they will change daily which will make money making harder and more challenging

some parts of the CF universe will be dynamical aswell... eg random jumpholes, news, special (server)events, introduction of new ships/equipment in a story environment.... and much more
    the first release of CF1.63 will contain the basic features and will be extended automatically

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I will agree that the current, completely static, commodities market is somewhat unrealistic and that once the most profitable trade routes have been found, trading does become monotonous.
    However, if the buy/sell prices of commodities change on a daily basis, then making money by trading will not only become hard it will be hugely influenced by chance. All scouting around for trade routes will be almost futile, as prices will change again within the next 24 hours.
    If commodity prices are set become this dynamic, then I really think that, for trading not to end up like some kind of lottery, current prices should be available on the website.
    I am well aware that being able to access this data will need quite an interface, but traders must have some means of planning if they cant rely on the routes they find by themselves.

• i dont do a lot of trading but i do hunt on them. will the new system meen that when you look at the commodites list any places you have mapped will give you a price. so lets say the LA-Sol bmg run. you go to buy at LA and you would then see the best sell is not at earth but say planet crossfire. If this is how it will work that will be very kwel.

carbine[CFPD]

the main part of the new mod is advanced rp and dynamic gameplay
    there wont be fixed traderoutes any longer
    they will change daily which will make money making harder and more challenging

some parts of the CF universe will be dynamical aswell... eg random jumpholes, news, special (server)events,

Outstanding, OP! I knew you could find a way to increase the dynamic flow of the game, and I'm ecstatic that maybe a couple of the suggestions I made last year for CF1.6 are coming to fruition!! The best things in life are indeed worth waiting for, and people need to know that CF is a long-term game, not just immediate gratification. And the eye-candy keeps getting better...[1752]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• the work on the 5 new systems will be finished somewhen tomorrow

the new features shouldnt take long.... the update of the clan logos and clan systems could need a little bit longer due to the fact that i need a list first of the owned systems O_o (lost the overview during the last weeks)

after that only the bugfixing and testing keeps left

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,