CF 1.63 previews

There are 292 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

• true not a big deal... but the size of the mod would raise 10-20 mb

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Why don't you use the default Freelancer planet textures? There are a lot of textures maching the real colors. Or are those using plus space too?

• Centaurian I was talking with Corporal ,I believe he would like more publicity for non-server clans on the forums.Without server clans CF would go broke :( Corporal
    With billboards that is upto server clans involved to create their own logos and send em to OP ASAP

• ok following deal.... ive prepared the new mod in a way that the clansystems can be updated from the serverside (if the logos are submitted)

ill delete the old unused logos of DAD and PiA and whatever else is left
    if i get the new logos before the release fine... then i will add them... if they come later it will simply be a test for the new serverside update system

oh btw. ive done bugfixes today and stumbled over problems.... i cant really find a problem with the shooting star... everything looks fine with that ship O_o (ill keep on searching)

ok - lets see what has been changed today...

the holo rules
    FL compagnion tool is blocked with CF (no way to calculated traderoutes anymore)
    reputation probs with asf/csf fixed (all reputations recreated)
    ID errors fixed
    Kamov infocard fixed
    Coalition Torp fixed and 2 more places where you can buy it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• [w00t]

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• ok i didnt post much because i was busy working on the mod and with private stuff but now ive some news

Hyperspace Vortex:

the Crossfire Launcher:

reputation probs with asf/csf fixed
    ID errors fixed
    Kamov infocard fixed
    Scouser shield bug fixed
    infocards for coalition ships fixed
    Adonis mine/cd bug fixed
    CD/Torp slots on Shroud fixed (other ships dont have that bug)
    Coalition missiles available now
    Coalition gattling sound bug fixed
    Armored Transporter fixed
    kossac sur fixed
    lagg sur fixed
    adminstation launcher fixed
    Playerships can be seen far away now 80k
    true distance shown upto 1000k in hud
    when selling ships you will only get 50% instead of 80% money
    equipment can be more expensive now (something which i will use to make the game harder again ^^)
    visibility of weapon effects raised
    NPC spawn behaviour changed
    The infocards of Baku Station and Charkow Outpost fixed
    bribes more expensive (3x)
    CF will store screenshots in the "Crossfire Shots" directory
    Coal gat bug fixed
    BS mass problem fixed (they are more like cruisers but not that fast in turning)
    Crossfire launcher (by Haegar) finished
    Global List Server bypassed (CF players will never have problems again to connect to the server when all ppl on the other servers are crying because the GLS is down again)

i would say that more than 90% of the mod are finished... im going to finish the systems later this day (2am now)
    and try my luck with the changes on the dynamic universe
    i will also put some times in for experimental stuff like deactivating buttons in FL or creating destructable stations which wont crash the server (the destructable stations wont be initial part of the mod but they might be an update which will be done by the launcher)

on a final note: ive some probs with naming the mod version
    it was originally planned to be CF1.63... but that version is already taken by the freeworlds mod... and all other versions 1.64 and 1.65 up to 1.69 are given to FW aswell so there will b a version conflict
    my try to make the version 1.630 instead of 1.63 failed due to weird shit FL is doing with version numbers
    so its possible that this version will be released as CF1.7 (which means more work for me coz i need to add story elements now)
    well so far nothing is final...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Wow!! CF gets better every release; this is why I never play anything else, unless the server is down!! :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I have 3 points to make

1, WOW

2, WOW

3, WOW

serious OP i am without words exellent work does not begin to cover it

now to all CF players the work has been done it is up to us to make this not jst the best technical Mod to FL out there but truly the best one to be a part of

btw OP u must stop posting the eyecandy, my wife is
    complaining about the drool stains at the PC area. LOL

good work man and thank you

• you guys better than haegar... without him many features wouldnt be possible

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yes OP how remis of me

i extend all the same thanks to heagar who i am sure
    would have rather been in space killing all of us than doing the work to allow us all to kill each other

thanks to OP, Haegar, all and any other who have made this experiance possible

**bows in respect**

• Hehehe, it's been a long time since I've sent a Shroud into DK space with gatts.... this will be quite the new adventure. Kudos OP on the ever-fabulous mod and many thanks to both you and Haegar for the spectacular advances. :D

(btw, will we need to sell/delete any chars with certain equipment or the likes to avoid damages when the new mod arives, or are the chars 100% compatible between versions in your opinion?)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Say with all respect and admiration, I'm with Flying_si on this. i could not possibly say what flyin_si said because it was heartfelt so i won't try, i think that everyone responsible for this release are true game gods the best of the best, what i've seen created here is what all gaming companies never do...give the people exactly what they want , you've done what they can't and won't do and without the aid of the assets they have.

bow to you? i kneel and kiss the ground you all walk on

Originally posted by LP-Sieto
    i kneel and kiss the ground you all walk on

But Mrs. Hägar said she rather would like you to come and vacuum the carpet i was walking on ... ^^

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• LOL! Keep up the great work Hagar!

@OP: will we need to get rid of all gatlings before the 1.63 (1.7?) release, or can we keep them, without fear of a character wipe?

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• no - no whipe of anything is needed (at least i think so)

btw. the version will be 1.7 ... and it will come with a new chapter of the story (just a very small one)

btw. the destructable stations have been tested today... they are working fine in SP but make probs in MP
    ive found another way to create them in MP but that most likely will increase the lag... therefore it wont b part of the mod

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok hagar lol when?

and do we start again with our characters completely OP? or do we keep the account number.

just so i know when i take Freelancer, FLMM and all out so i know what's happening.

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,