Hi, I decided to explore the Lost Fleet content a bit so I first tried to gather some info on what and how. Stumbled upon this thread: Crossfire bonus mission - Lost Fleet
Well, it says the running of FactionPatch.cmd is absolutely necessary for correct behavior so I launched it. First very important question: does it impact (negatively) the original CF campaign? I currently am in the first "pause" point, so can I come back to CF story without any worries? If not I'd probably leave the LF content alone, although I would like to explore it very much as it is very intriguing.
I noticed several things that can be fixed (mostly cosmetic) but I believe I found a typo in 2 of the lnr.exe lines:
1. missing \n in the fc_cf18_grprep = 0 between "grp" and "rep".
2. the double quote is not at the end of the line as it should be but a few chars before making fnr.exe fail to replace the text
3?. Not sure if it is actually an issue for the game, but as a result of all those replacements, some duplicates of the faction reps are found within the same [Group]
Some cosmetic issues:
- no need to use --excludeFileMask "*.fl"
- no need to use --includeSubDirectories
- for the very first fnr.exe line you can actually use regex to remove the EOL as well
- for each fnr.exe invocation you can first echo what you are replacing because the output of fnr.exe does not include it - I actually needed to do that to easier pinpoint errors in the file
- last good-to-have thing is to make backups to a dir that contains a timestamp in its name to avoid accidentally replacing previous backup - I used date utility from UnxUtils (windows port of some GNU utils) as using Windows date/time is utter nonsense
I'm attaching the changed cmd file and the date utility, you can use it for reference if you decide to fix those things in the next update (maybe). Or do you have a Github repo for CF where one can submit pull requests?
Now one more question about the story of the bonus LF content. I arrived in Alsace, got escorted to the Arles Station, docked after I was told to and... nothing? I don't have anything else to do in the logs (it says awaiting mission/objective or something like that), nothing for current objective (N), nothing in NavMap (F6)... Is it intentional (or better to say not finished yet)? Or is it a bug? What should I do at this point in story? There are no pointers whatsoever anywhere... If I try accepting a mission in the Arles Station bar, the game says I am already on the mission. But maybe it's a general feature that you can't accept bar jobs after finishing original main story? I just don't know what to do anymore at this point. Should I continue main CF SP campaign (i.e. return to Order HQ to Junko and King)?
Anyway, this content looks even better than what I have so far experienced in CF SP campaign so I really would like to get my hands on it!