Inner Core Assault: Celldra System (Sun, Dec 20th 2020, 10:00 am - 11:00 am)

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by denne.

Date

Inner Core Assault: Celldra System

Sun, Dec 20th 2020, 10:00 am - 11:00 am

• Ajay started a new event:

ONCE AGAIN, THE EVENT TIME AND DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. FINAL DECISION WILL BE MADE ON DECEMBER 18TH.

Mission outline: With a fully equipped battlegroup, venture into Celldra System and shell Dom'Setek or Sentinel stations responsible for the ECM attacks. An ELINT mission will be undertaken in advance to determine the targets.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Deep Space 17

Bar

Igor Flyagin sat at the table when Ajay stormed into the bar and beelined towards him, grabbing a seat at the same table and crashing on it.

-Canteen, I screwed up - he said instead of a greeting. - Royally.

-Huh? - the more senior intelligence officer asked. - What do you mean?

-When K-719 took a turn to Celldra. Remember? - Ajay started explaining. - We got attacked by an unknown Sentinel radioelectronic assault. I have just analyzed the logs and ran an ELINT run in Celldra. I know what exactly happened. I know why only K-719 got hit. Or at least, I guess that I know. You see... I activated a special comms module to contact our recon swarm in Venn and find out any incoming traffic into Celldra. The problem is, I enabled all available frequencies. Including those the swarm is explicitly not programmed to use, as I learned now.

-Those originally used in the...

-Yes - Ajay said. - The frequencies used by the Sentinel Artificial Nebula Recursive AI nanite swarm. The comms module aboard the Baneblade... is literally that same control module Strakhov's guys in black jacked from the Sentinel station, wasn't it?

Flyagin nodded.

-Well, that opened our systems directly to Sentinel - Ajay summed up. - But do you know what was even weirder? I just flew around Celldra with a reciever set to those frequencies hooked up to an isolated analog system.

-And?

-They are still transmitting! The ether on these frequencies is flooded - Ajay said and brought up a hologram with several graphs. - They are repeating the same message again and again. I have a feeling this was not an intended attack. I think they are trying to reactivate what's left of SANRAI. Canteen?

-Yes, Ajay?

-Whatever they are doing, I feel we need to stop it - the Coalition scout pilot said. - And I feel that I definitely need more tea to deal with this. Dennzio is going to flip...

OoC NOTE:

-Do you think I forgot about that one time during Operation SANRAI (January 2017) when I had Baneblade "board" one of the stations? :D Nope, I didn't, and I deliberately put that on a shelf in my mind to use it as a sequel hook.

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay ().

• Okay, time for mission specifics. Sorry I'm late, had stuff to do IRL and my heart just ain't into it today.

As I said, Friday passed, which means the event is set to 10 AM SERVER TIME. Don't tell me you weren't warned.

Here's our targets.

CelldraB1.jpg

Our mission is to head to Celldra, reach these stations and bombard them with Battleship-mounted artillery for a minute while Intelligence techs aboard DS17 crack the code on the messages recieved from the stations and compose a kill command for any leftover SANRAI nanites. It was determined that attacking two stations will be enough, however, attacking three of them will be a guaranteed success.

Even if we will not have battleships available, we expect that the sufficient activity near the stations will be enough.

In case I will encounter any problems of the sort I had during the last Inner Core Assault later on, either (IOC)Wanderer or denne are authorized to complete the mission without me. If they will be present, of course.

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• While waiting for the start, we mounted a forward gun and extra turrets on a Celestis DN...

Files

• screen1.png

(2.06 MB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • screen2.png

(1.83 MB, downloaded 4 times, last: )
    • screen3.png

(2 MB, downloaded 5 times, last: )

Edited once, last by (IOC)Wanderer ().

• OH SHI you guys are already there? Dammit, warn me via Discord next time!

• Deep Space 17

Bar

-So, I talked to the techs - Ajay said. - According to energy signatures we picked up, it looks like a vast number of nanoscale warp drives self-destructed around Celldra. Whatever remnants of the nanites were left, we cleared them even more thoroughly. Perhaps we even finished the job started three years ago.

The crowd of pilots broke into cheers.

-Now excuse me, I've gotta check on someone... - the Coalition scout said and turned to K-719's commander, who was standing behind him.

-Our medics report he's fine - Strakhov said. - It was a really shitty situation though. But eh, his ship's repairs are on the house. Hopefully no hard feelings involved. You know, if I have to fight the fighters with this battleship...

-I'm sure there are no hard feelings. Well, if that ended well... - Ajay chuckled. - This turned out way better than I expected.

OoRP:

Thanks for coming, everyone! It was fun and I hope you enjoyed this little scenario I have cooked up.

Also, apologies to denne if he minds me jacking the event he ran back at January 2017 and slapping a sequel on it.

• Ajay

It is an honour for me, that u keep on developing the old stories. It was a great event back in 2017 and i'm sure this time as well. In fact i wanted to join this weekend but RL prepared another very important event for me. I hope to have the opportunity next time :salutes

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link