Inner Core Assault: Pyrrdra System (Sun, Nov 8th 2020, 10:00 am - 11:00 am)

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

Date

Inner Core Assault: Pyrrdra System

Sun, Nov 8th 2020, 10:00 am - 11:00 am

• Ajay started a new event:

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• What chat system? The in-game chat? IDK, it worked fine for me.

• don't shock me :P

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• INCOMING MESSAGE

From: Second Rate Captain Oleg Strakhov (Coalition Navy; Commander of CNS K-719)

To: "Ajay", "Canteen" (Coalition Intelligence Directorate), Deep Space 17 HQ

Topic: RE: Enemy movements in Pyrrdra

As a response to the reported activity increase in Pyrrdra, I propose deploying one or several battleships for reconnaissance and raiding duties.

Sirius-built battleships can be equipped with long-range weaponry and can engage the Dom'Setek and Sentinel warships at standoff range. With careful positioning and well-timed maneuvering it is possible to inflict tremendous damage while remaining safe from retaliation. In addition, Virginia, Osiris and Iteron class battleships can easily avoid confrontation with fighters and gunboats (other battleships can use Shtora-17 devices).

The battleships in the group should follow the lead one manually (without using formation). Once the enemy battlegroup is spotted, the battleships should spread out independently and carry out the attack. As soon as the last ship in the battlegroup starts exploding or enemy fighters/gunboats appear on radars, the unit should IMMEDIATELY launch cruise engines and move out (try to keep up with the designated leader, but in general prioritize survival). DO NOT try to engage enemy fighters or gunboats.

While Repair Ship might be unnecessary if everything goes right, having one with the group probably won't hurt.

OoC NOTE:

So, nobody tried to correct the time, 10 AM servertime it is. I recommend people who would like to join:

-to be on Discord in advance this Sunday

-drop by CF server and use /time command to check what time it would be for you.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up distracted and miss the event, then I'd appreciate it if you'd ping me in Discord on in here.

Also, I plan to once again use voice channel to coordinate the event. So I apologize in advance for my horrible accent and my habit to sing off-key.

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• The Dom'Razak detected a Liberty dreadnought using a repair station in Mepther, but it cloaked in front of their patrol. A few minutes later a gravity signature was detected from the Pyrddra jumpgate. Meanwhile, the Dom'Nepesh reported a repair ship crossing the Sadurn system but it disappeared near the Pyrddra jumpgate.

The Order denies any involvement.

• Inner Core Assault (Pyrrdra System) begins in 15 minutes.

• Just some cool pics :)

Files

• screen3.png

(2.37 MB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • screen11.png

(2.39 MB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • screen22.png

(1.95 MB, downloaded 6 times, last: )
    • screen33.png

(1.97 MB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • screen34.png

(1.96 MB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • screen36.png

(2.24 MB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
  • Igor Flyagin, an officer of Coalition Intelligence Directorate, exited his Devilray as soon as it landed onto Deep Space 17's landing pad. He was quickly greeted by a tall and imposing man in a Coalition Navy's parade uniform.

-Comrade General Major, greetings - the man said.

-I arrived as far as I could, Strakhov. What is going on? - Flyagin asked.

-In the words of your aide, we "got 9S'd". Whatever that means - the Navy officer, Second Rank Captain Oleg Strakhov, shrugged. - We got hit by enemy's electronic warfare systems. While we were dealing with the fallout of that, the enemy dealt us some heavy damage. That should leave us drydocked for...

-I'll cover the expenses - Flyagin brushed the man off. - You know what I want to know.

Strakhov nodded.

-Follow me - he said and led Flyagin to the infirmary.

In the ward, on a stretcher, laid a tall and slim man, his left arm and leg were covered in a plaster cast.

-He got launched across the bridge when Emergency Warp Drive activated - Strakhov explained. - He wasn't hooked up to the safeties because he was manually rebooting our systems. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't break anything else, the dude's built like a twig!

-Reckless idiot - Flyagin sighed. - Is he awake?

The man on a stretcher opened his eyes.

-He is. Welcome back, Ajay.

-I guess so? - the man on the cot asked weakly. - I think... I instructed Wanderer to finish the operation...

-As far as I know, they managed to pull out an ordered retreat - Strakhov said.

-Good... - the injured Coalition scout rasped and looked around. - Canteen? It looks like... there's something worth investigating in Celldra after all... heh heh heh... Any ETA on when they'll fix me up?

-DS17 has impressive medical tech - Strakhov shrugged. - It's why you are here and not on K-719. What's left of it. Docs say you'll be up and about in a couple of days. Week, tops.

-I see... - Ajay sighed. - While I'm here, offload Baneblade's system feeds to me. I want to analyze whatever happened.

-Take it easy, okay? - Flyagin said. - I don't want your mother to tear me a dozen new assholes.

Ajay laughed.

OUT OF CHARACTER

So, guys, thanks for dropping by! I hope you had fun. I did at first, but then I started having some weird connection errors.