Future Crossfire updates

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Time to talk about future updates for Crossfire.

The lost fleet update should have made clear which direction future updates will go as i consider the main story complete.

The focus from now on will be on the Sol Sector but might also lead back to Sirius again.

I generally have a rough idea how to proceed from here. More precisely there are story elements that are already planned to be added (Jupiter Anomaly etc.).

With Lost Fleet I did not only introduce one new faction but actually 2 new factions to the game. I just did not make use of the 2nd one yet (ive been planning ahead a bit).

Planned is to release story focused updates in the future (certainly at least one more in 2019).

Potentially a pretty large overhaul of the graphics might follow once the conditions for that are right. Here I might need some help later on.

Once I think that its time to share more information I of course will do so.

The Sol Sector... especially the Renaissance systems can be still considered a blank page at this moment.

Thats why Id like to get your input... your ideas... in order to fill it with lore, with stories... maybe even to propose new story missions. What would you like to see in future updates? etc.

That is your chance to shape a part of this mod.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• And is there a chance to enhance also Canis sector? That place imo have not clear meaning, just vague notes that it is old DK system which should be dangerous ... which is not. Or maybe it should mean that it hides something dangerous (which is true for a bomb part). But what that station in Banysia which have human appearance? Maybe could be possible "connect" somehow Sol and Banysia sectors?

For Renaissance system there imo can be very interesting to reveal how they managed to succesfully defend against Nomads. It is possible that DKavash had no idea about Renaissance? ... I doubt it, Nomads are preprogramed to manage threats and if not, then call masters for help. Or maybe it just did not happened yet.

• for first great thx for the lost fleet i know how much work is it to make this with all there ships bases storys well donne played with out great erros

then where is for this the limit how crazy can we go ? i know it must be right placed to freelancer there are some crazy ideas but i think not all are right for Fl universe

so say where is your personal limit or Limit of this universe you say no not this

for first i think little things a sol are not so strange the map is huge maybe an lost fleet outpost on a planet ?

or some coalition rogues there ?

hey i want dont go too crazy at start i only think take some things they are still there in this great mod but thats only a first idea

greetz requiem

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• Well, going off some of the articles in the Renaissance systems, it tells of how everyone is surprised to see people not born in their area of space. Obviously, it would be nice to see how this progresses with them contacting the rest of the Sirius organizations and how they would react to what they find. Wouldnt hurt to find out more of what they had to go through while they were trying to settle their systems and combating the Nomad threat.

FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!

• >Requiem< planetary outpost actually is nice idea for story development. Considering bad situation for Renaissance, then such thing must be very much keept secret.

• Canis is part of the main storyline and since there are multiple entry points into the bonus missions prior even discovering canis it certainly would not be a good idea to deliever explanations prior that sector even got discovered for the first time in the storyline.

IF anything related to Canis is explained then only indirectly (in sol sector).

Not every idea will make it into the future updates... thats why this are only ideas and suggestions.

The idea of the Renaissance faction was that it was stuck in an area of space without habitable planets. This faction has only little resources which are all put into survival.

So the faction is it is has no planets. That however does not mean that this faction could not at some point find a planet worth to colonize.

The newly establishehd contact of course has top priority.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The Gate did get sealed by suicide bombing it. Tho, i would like to know what happens afterwards, but this thread is for the new update and OP did say it would focus more on Sirius and the Sol systems. Still, should be interesting to see how it goes.

FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!

• Well, I have an approximate basic idea of how to complete the Renaissance mission arc. Should I send a PM or post it here?

Also one certain thing about Renaissance: they don't know what EXACTLY kind of threat Nomads pose. I wanted to play on their reaction on finding out that the "alien structure" in Procyon is actually a big deal in the continuation of this, but was too tired to write the second part.

And I agree, while the Canis Sector needs some love, it's not its time yet.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• pm

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Speaking of future updates will there at some point be a offline update from 2.0 to current ver? Just installed it and a large update of 1627 files is happening that's been going for 10min already.....

• dunno

There were plans going into that direction but ive put that on hold.

Currently every modding work has been put on hold due to a general frustration about some community related issues. Pretty hard to find the motivation for doing all that extra work.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well, I actually care about discussions ongoing publicly on this portal and removed from here some content which was in my eyes violating term of use for this site:

Principle Guidelines

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:

Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members

.. and if I have rights to do so, I will do it again. Previous post is clearly saying that further CF mod development is put on hold. It is not something what is pleasing me personally (despite fact that I do play another game), but I understand reasons. Heated discussions, debates, cutting posts apart for picking on things ... I do not think that it can be really helpfull and for sure it is not making friendly atmosphere. Btw .. I'm sorry to some portal members which posts were moved out of public area aswell, please send me a pm if you think it should be not. I will explain more in detail.