Access Denied in SP: New York to Alaska

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• because this always has been a closed connection unless you are on one very specific mission during the campaign

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• R8R: Thank you. With my memory (or lack of it) I'd forgotten. Might suggest to Martind that we note that on Wiki Map(s) …….

Portalearth: Thank you. I was actually trying to get back from Hyperion to X3043 quickly. I'll take your suggestion. :thumbsup:

• ?How about if someone goes to iThica from Westpoint and discovers, that one of those anormalies in the badlands is in fact active and it will take you to Alaska - somewhere in the top left quadrant of the sector - it would be nice to have such a jump --- OP could find it maybe on his next flight into the badlands and in Alaska the exit might be in a minefield that you will need to carefully navigate your way out - wile fighting.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Thanks Ringo. I'll have a look.

I've a bit of a role here (under careful supervision by Martind Forlon) to develop maps for WIki. My job is to explore not fight. For that purpose I fly in "God" mode and can therefore explore unaffected by mine fields, enemy attacks, etc. I'll have a second look at the Badlands and see if I can find anything ……

EDIT: Is Ithica still there after being destroyed in the campaign?

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940: Have a question? ().

• sorry to possibly mislead you m8 :) :) what I wrote is just a suggestion for OP.

it will need to be programmed

the anormalies are there but none of them are active JumpHoles.

it would be nice to have something like that - a real short cut,

"New York to Alaska".

even if it was a real challange once in Alaska. :) :)

Re : your Q: Ithica has always been there as a derelict destroyed station - the station that got destroyed in the campaighn escaping from NY was Bedford Station and it is no longer thete, after the mission.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

Edited 2 times, last by ringotwin ().

• makes that a difference?

I mean... there is the x3043 entry

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thanks Ringo. I had misunderstood. Although I found the wreck of station Ithica which I now think should be shown on the New York WIKI Map and noted in its Descriptor. I'll see what Martind says. I'll also suggest we show the Alaska > New York Warp Gate as one way only ……… particularly at the Alaska end.

• wombat1940

Set the Label from Help needed: to Request:
  • What if we opened the jump gate for a special event? I don't know what event that could be, but it would allow temporary travel between Alaska and NY.

Lol, it could be a travel route for refugees caught up in ASF/CSF

• ... but.... Liberty, Rheinland, Bretiona, Kusari, etc. are all refugees

thats what its all about

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the thing is... i need to get myself motivated to start modding again (its not that easy)

... and then I would prefer getting some sol sector stuff done first

I want it to be something special but inspiration isnt something you can force

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• You mean, fleeing/exile and colonizing empty space, not taking over and claim other's built homes, but ok its close enough

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• If they move, they gotta adapt to the local culture, find jobs, speak the local language. I don't want my tax dollars going to a bunch of lazy bums who snuck their way in under the guise of "a better life away from all the fighting"

Michael, you're not too happy about all the Migrants in the EU, huh? I heard Spain or somewhere turned back a ship full of African Migrants

• well, did anybody ask the nomads if they are ok with these refugees colonizing these worlds?

oh fuck... now i understand the FL storyline

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Naw, they assumed they'd just be given refugee status, a monthly stipend and all the time in the world.

Liberty is now in the process of building a wall and they're gonna make the Dom Kavosh pay for it

• Arent humanity and dom kavash in the same boat ? Technically the other doms should pay for it xD

I didnt take it off topic tho, bad PE

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the thing is... i need to get myself motivated to start modding again (its not that easy)

... and then I would prefer getting some sol sector stuff done first

I want it to be something special but inspiration isnt something you can force

Understand. Agree. I've spent some time in Sol with Marty (eg. Sol - SWAT Portal
    ). IMHO it should take preference. I'm always disappoint when visiting Tau Ceti: there's virtually nothing there. Why not set up stations run by refugees, give then money, let them challenge Nomad control, etc, etc.

Just a new Corporal's thoughts ………