CrossFire Mod Feedback v2.0 - 2016

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• weight has not much to do with size

next to that is the classification of ships not based on their mass

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It's based upon lots of stuff. Lvl of guns able to be mounted, armor rating. I don't know much about fighters, the last time I flew a snub fighter was when everyone flew a Lagg. That was like when '07-'08?

• Crossfire 2.0 - Mod options was updated with pictures (used Wanderer's backup :) ) and added info for cursors and particles.

• Did updates also to next threads (should be check, there can be some inaccuracies)

Crossfire 2.0 - Installation Instructions
    Crossfire 2.0 - Activation

• --My Install Guide & NPC AI Suggestion--

MF, tyvm for updating/improving the installation guides.
    I've put a detailed install guide of my own on PasteBin. Hopefully it helps people.

Only thing I left out is the stuff to reactivate UAC and Antivirus/Security stuff. Hopefully people can use common sense to figure that one out ;)

I made another suggestion here regarding NPCs. Maybe it can be looked into sometime.

• --AutoFail Missions Removal--
    I'd love to see this become standard for the default CrossFire install, maybe for v2.1 perhaps
    I can upload my files here if it is permitted to do so.

I removed all of the fail points including the 60-second timer failpoints if you don't immediately do something in a mission.
    I figured I'd share this tip since this only affects single player story missions and doesn't touch MP at all.

Make sure the game & launcher are closed before doing this.

Quote from DarkWraith007

Go to this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\MISSIONS
    Find any of the Mission Folders you want to edit.
    Open up the file "m##.ini" where ## is the mission number.
    Find anything that says "Act_ChangeState = FAIL" and delete the entire line that contains it.
    Do the same for "openspm##.ini" to match what you did in the actual mission file.
    Save and done.

If things don't work out, grab a backup that is stored in the FLMM mods folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire\DATA\MISSIONS

In particular, doing this helps a lot when fighting off the remaining NPCs (since they last a lot longer than in Vanilla FL due to use of bats/bots).

I have to say, one of the funniest things I heard/noticed were a group of 3 Junkers near Fort Bush trying to extort items from a DSE ship. DSE ship refused and then the Junkers got utterly obliterated. Rogues also seem really suicidal going near Manhattan without a care in the world.

• Quote from darkwraith007

Rogues also seem really suicidal going near Manhattan without a care in the world.

thats the greatest glory for a liberty rogue

• I enjoy hearing the 'nags' from King and Juni when I remove the fail states. There are several different nags that the player will never hear unless they do this tweak (which is unusual & awesome at the same time). :)

I have the edited .ini files ready to go but need to confirm that it is ok to upload them here before doing so.

• I strongly suggest to everyone to not touch any from mod .ini files.

@darkwraith007 if later will SP fail for you unexpectedly, then exactly this can be a reason. It looks you think you know everything better, so its perfectly fine for me, if later in campaign something from fl engine backfire to you. If this will happen, then only please do not come and complain about a problem. With mod was released eula and there is clearly forbidden do edits ... its not important what you think about affecting 'only' SP, its also not important how much you think are experienced, conditions of eula have their purpose. We can only guarantee that mod is working when players use it as it was released. And this clearly is not possible when ppl will start to do own 'small' edits.

• https://swat-portal.com/forum/…tallation-guide-extended/

... something prepared by our friend Ape longer time ago. It actually should be not needed at all, only in some rare cases when common (easier) guides will fail. @darkwraith007 from your guide is rly interesting part about remove write protection ... that thing is behind 99% of all issues with installing CF mod.

• there wont be a version 2.1 of the mod
      we cleary said that version 2.0 is going to be the final mod version of CF
    • fail conditions are there for a good reason
      without them a good amount of other triggers cant correctly activate
    • read the crossfire license agreement
      CF2.0: Changes to constants.ini file

Another thing that needs to be mentioned is that you have told another (other) player(s) to edit his (their) game -> which is considered cheating. With other words you have told them to cheat. If these players decide to join the server and get a lifetime ban due to your cheats then you are responsible to ruining other people fun.
      If these players follow your advice but mess up something while editing and their game starts to crash then we could not even help these players since we can only give support to players which use the mod the way it was originally distributed. So... if they mess up based on your advice you are once again responsible for ruining other people fun.
      There are better ways than your way.

Invincible AI

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @darkwraith007

I dont really know whats wrong with you. Apparently some people did a major mistake in the past, resulting in what you currently are.
    Since a few years I am trying to be a bit more polite than I used to be... really... Ive become alot more patient with people like you.

In your case I have been extremely patient so far... Ive read all your posts, your complaints and your suggestions... no matter how stupid that shit actually was. I even invested my valuable time to explain alot of stuff to you... obviously wasted my time.

While the forum moderators took care of your latest post, I made the mistake to restore it in order to read it.
    Yes, that truely was a mistake because the bullshit you have written in there is so idiotic, wrong, ignorant and offensive that you simply didnt deserve the 2nd chance that I was going to give you.

Just alone your comments about the prision ship and version 1.9 are absolutely wrong... just as wrong as your claim that you wanted to do changes only for "own personal use". You have published changes and told members of this community what they should do. That is no personal use... that is a clear violation of the license agreement and what probably is worse is that motivated people to edit files and risk to get banned. Do you have more suggestions which could get other players banned?

Yes, you tried to justify your edits with "And no, not all the 'fail' triggers are necessary".
    True, not all... but a good amount of them ARE NECESSARY.
    Your instruction however told players to remove pretty much EVERY fail trigger.... which absolutely would have messed up other players installation.

Find anything that says "Act_ChangeState = FAIL" and delete the entire line that contains it.

That are your words.... and your justification/explanation is absolute bullshit. It conflicts with the stuff you wrote before.

You might consider yourself a modder (at least thats what you wrote in your post) but I can tell you at this point that you are not a good modder.
    You dont think a single moment of consequences or about how stuff works together. You have short sighted ideas which never will really work because you dont get the big picture.
    You have started to mess up singleplayer files but at the same time you have the nerves to open tickets about stuff that does not 100% work correctly in exactly that area where you have done the edits.
    Do you really expect me to give you any support?
    Based on what? The mod I have released or the meanwhile screwed up files that are result of your edits?
    I should take your tickets and delete them right away. You have decided to violate the rules and the crossfire license agreement and with that you simply dont even deserve getting any support.

You think you are clever and know how to mod?
    You are wrong about that.
    Get +10 years of experience and 9 mod award nominations and then you can come back to me to discuss on equal grounds.
    Until then my decisions on mod features, design and content is final.

You also talk about fair use and educational use. Apparently you have not even an idea about what is meant by that and under which terms and limitations that applies.
    Read:
    Fair use guidelines for educational multimedia

Educators and students must seek individual permissions (licenses) before using copyrighted works in educational multimedia projects for commercial reproduction and distribution.

Modding in Freelancer is btw. not possible due to "Fair use". It is possible due to direct permission.
    Microsoft of course could revoke that permission which would force us and every other FL mod to be removed.... BUT... Microsoft has not done that.
    When it comes to my mod then alot of more licenses and permissions are involved.... not only from Microsoft.
    I am copyright owner of the majority of mod content. Other content is based on licenses and usage permissions. A good amount of content only exists because we have paid for licenses.
    So dont tell me anything about educational use or Fair use. Thats pure non-sense.

Can I take legal actions on you?... I can.... Its no big deal dealing with someone in the States (I have experience with that).
    Question would be if this would be my number one solution.
    Afterall I could simply screw up your game and prevent that you ever can go online with it.
    CenturyLink ISP... qwest nameserver... I can even tell what weather you have over there. Internet is great.

A few days ago you asked us if we want you to leave. Meanwhile after insulting us... treating us and our work with the upmost disrespect Id consider this a good first step.
    You disturbed this community more than adding a contributional aspect to it. You have showed your disrespect to our rules, our work, our decisions and to us personally and under such conditions we certainly never will be friends.
    Id personally live best knowing that Ill never see you again.
    If you think different about this we of course also can decide to take the option where we ruin your game or take legal actions.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If you happen to know my (old and obsolete) IP then congrats. A simple modem offline & reboot always gets me a new IP every time. Useless for you.
    If you happen to know my ISP and the (general) location near a major city, good luck with finding a needle in a haystack ;)

Since you want to threaten me with malware, let's go tit for tat then.

Whois swat-portal.com

Registrar Abuse Contact Email: email@1and1.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8774612631

Registrant Name: Chris Mascher
    Registrant Street: Erfurter Str. 30
    Registrant City: Gebesee
    Registrant Postal Code: 99189
    Registrant Country: DE
    Registrant Phone: +49.3620160642
    Tech Name: Hostmaster EINSUNDEINS
    Tech Organization: 1&1 Internet AG
    Tech Street: Brauerstr. 48
    Tech City: Karlsruhe
    Tech Postal Code: 76135
    Tech Country: DE
    Tech Phone: +49.7219600
    Tech Fax: +49.72191374248
    Tech Email: email@1und1.de
    Nameserver: ns55.1und1.de
    Nameserver: ns56.1und1.de
    DNSSEC: Unsigned

That's quite a bit of info isn't it. Is it yours or the info of your hosting provider? I'm sure they'd love to seen screenshots of you threatening to sabotage the software on another user's computer because you don't like what they say (instead of you know, just deleting or editing the post on your forum that you don't like).

And on top of that, no DNSSEC meaning your hosting provider and game server are highly vulnerable to both DDOS attacks and DNS Cache Poisoning.
    Trivial to do but I think you'd agree it isn't necessary to go that far.

Speaking of 'sabotage', I wonder how you're gonna pull that off when I blocked your launcher from connecting:
    https://anony.ws/i/2016/03/05/FLCF-Offline.png

It is amazing that all of this hassle and drama is because I had the horrible nerve to put a one-line blurb on how to remove annoying fail-triggers in the SP Campaign.
    Rather than just editing that part out and saying 'we dont post that stuff here' or something, you proceeded to throw around laughably bad and empty legal threats.

So my final response to you is simple. You are a silly and pathetic little handbag-dog riding around as a bitch in another bitch's purse. Your yapping makes me laugh and if you try to come close then I will be more than happy to swiftly kick you in the face. Fuck off with the bullshit.

For anyone else, if you know the admin of this server threatens users they don't like with malware via the launcher, you may want to think twice about playing on the MP server or doing any SP updates. You never know what kind of fucked up shit this kind of 'admin' may do.

• 1. I dont need your current IP...I dont need to find a needle... If i want to block something then I can block your ISP or the IP range of your region.
    2. this beeing put aside, everytime you visit this side, everytime you post a new idiotic comment you leave your new IP here (im just saying)
    3. I am not threatening you to sabotage you... Infact that is just making use of a security mechanism. A large amount of software developers do that and its in no way illegal or wrong to do so. Most software developers can decide to terminate their licensed products if users violated license agreements. Feel free to contact my provider to tell them that I make use of my rights.
    4. DDos attacks were done to ALL FL servers from 2007 to 2010 and then another time in 2013. We didnt have any problems here. But if for any reason we would run into such problems then I certainly know who is behind it.
    5. Feel free to block the launcher. That doesnt make a different... afterall its just the launcher.... not more not less.
    6. And no, you are wrong.... all this "hassle and drama" is because you have been acting like an asshole, starting again with your first post here in feb 2016. But actually you always have been acting this way.... you already did this shit when you arrived here first in 2009... you have been a complete ignorant and offensive idiot which pissed off half of the community back in 2011... and also in 2013 when you started pretty much the same shit with another of our mod projects. I remember very well our encounters in the past and after meanwhile 7 years it is pretty clear to me how little respect you have for work and the property of others. EVERYTIME you came to this forum you started troubles. Rules that apply to others of course dont apply to you, right?
    This "hassle and drama" is because of YOU, because of the way how you talk with others, because of the respectless behaviour that you show to others, because you think that you can ignore all the rules (including the ones here on the forum). You, in my eyes, belong to be banned from all FL servers and communities out there... every place is better off without you.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• What a smart-ass kid. Congrats on using a whois query that everyone can use, congrats blocking the launcher that everyone is able to.

Ignorant, disrespect, pathetic are truly your bad habits.

Always wonder why people think all that is on their PCs can be edited or changed ignoring licenses. Wonder how that may be used at court if it really would be claimed. I am pretty sure you would be then very silent if someone would drag you to court - just in case.

Denial of service attacks, hm, you are not only treating us, but also others as those attacks travel through many hops or switches. I am pretty sure your ISP would be happy to know more about your plans.

And now please save us our valuable time stopping posting your idea. We are not really interested in your blames, treats, senseless and useless gushes.

signature.png