CF2.0: Changes to constants.ini file

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• translation: editing that file is cheating and also violates the CF license agreement

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Quote: "editing that file is cheating and also violates the CF license agreement"
    Quote: " For MP you change settings that could affect your game play towards those of other players. Hence we remove it, so all "should" play under the same settings."

I understand all of this, except maybe the reference to the licensing agreement. However any changes I wish to make are for SP only. ie. My own personal use. I've done the MP thing, and the fortunate/unfortunate things that come with it with other sims (eg. TAW2.30), and I'm over it.

However that's not really my point. Its more the technical issue. How are any changes made to the core "constants.ini file" not replicated when playing the computer game, in fact any computer game?
    Thank you.

• Fact is... this file (and many others) is protected.
    Thats nothing we will change.

When you installed crossfire you also accepted the license agreement (you could never have installed the mod without accepting it) and this states under which terms the mod can be used.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• For convenience, here is the latest license agreement:

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• In reference to the Agreement.
    My fault.
    I, maybe we, never read these agreements before I/we download. I meant no harm by what I asked. If I had intended "to do a mischief", I would not have openly posted any intent.
    Thank you for drawing it to my attention. A lesson learn.

• In reference to "file protection".
    Yes ....... I understand and really that's all I needed to know. I don't understand how and I don't need to know. But I do understand why. MP would be a joke if we were all playing under different rules.
    Thank you.
    Wombat out.

• files are not only protected coz of the MP

people expect to get support from us when they have problems with the mod
    but when people start editing files we cant give any support anymore as we most likely will face problems which have nothing to do with the original version of the mod

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,