Server issues

There are 419 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kermit.

• Short update, because i can play now without problems. I installed all new and is working now. There was a problem with the bargains. I think I had data from a other mod inside. Now the stations have totally different stuff to sale then before and I can trade and dock out without problems. Furthermore I had a problem with the update system. It was running the hole time without updating something. After the new installation it updated all new, much more files then before and was closing after this. So, If you have the some problem like me, maybe you install all new and it will be working. Thanks a lot for this amazing mod. See you at the game.

• ... already seen you ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Few minutes ago server crashed, was some longer delay before appeared again in list and you atm can not log-in (operation taking longer as expected)

• Confirming that, server shows in list but can't log on.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• restarted it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ? the team have had a massive task with 2.0. i know things progress so to say we should have stayed with 1.9 but again it would have taken a peroid of time to clear bugs too. the mod is in beta stage and will probably stay that way. since 1.9 the amount of times reinstalling is wearing my hard drive out. crossfire might need disposable hard drives in stead. one thing is clear in my observations in any one session the more that logs on the more it becomes unstable.for some reason only in 2.0 the windows firewall blocks the mod even with it listed in the exception list. cc cleaner then acts blocking it with invalid firewall rules. i totally clean everything out put exception in the list including my a/v which by the way has no problems at all. buggered if i know. you have my respect and patience team but

• Maybe this is not a good time to spread some negativity. I mean they try it hard, the fact that the beta phase will go long is well known. They need some support to accomplish this task. i criticize them too when necessary, maybe even too harsh looking back. It's a game from 2003, no source code released so they basically tamper around a timebomb.

in general i must say i really enjoyed the 2.0 update so far. only thing we could discuss here is if OP released the 2.0 too early even in this beta stage, or make a separate 2.0 server to play and test around (or... not. Op mentioned the worst case scenario where the server software got shrekt and cf 2.0 had to come.)
    By the way: RIP Harddrive. But in my case it is the fan. shit is so loud when i play CF :D

• Maybe this is not a good time to spread some negativity. I mean they try it hard, the fact that the beta phase will go long is well known. They need some support to accomplish this task. i criticize them too when necessary, maybe even too harsh looking back. It's a game from 2003, no source code released so they basically tamper around a timebomb.

in general i must say i really enjoyed the 2.0 update so far. only thing we could discuss here is if OP released the 2.0 too early even in this beta stage, or make a separate 2.0 server to play and test around (or... not. Op mentioned the worst case scenario where the server software got shrekt and cf 2.0 had to come.)
    By the way: RIP Harddrive. But in my case it is the fan. shit is so loud when i play CF :D

pilot negativity it is not being one of support just read any previous posts. example today well for me here a full session and not a problem at all ( only one on too :) ) i have not enough praise for op and the team and support with playing every chance i get

• Hm I dont get your point, I never reinstalled 2.0. And also I do not have any problems with windows firewall and the antivirus ( yes it detected the widescreenfix but you should exclude the directory anyway from screening).

Also OP once said that he was wondering where all the bugs come from since they did a long test phase without any error.

PS: Harddrives die, it is their fate. after around 5 years you should start thinking about that this will come, be more careful at the S.M.A.R.T. reports and get prepared to buy a new one.

• dunno what you are actually discussing here
    i have no idea why you think you need to reinstall the mod

once it is installed it is fine to run
    We have done nothing since the release of the beta that would have required to reinstall the mod.
    Infact the mod we have released was working almost perfect on the client side. The mod is in beta phase because the server software was not ready ... and is still being bug fixed.
    Client wise... everything is shiny.

Compared to other FL mods CF2.0 ran really good after its release and personally i would have expected more troubles with the mod due to pretty complicated stuff we have included.
    The few bugs we have found were almost all instantly fixed without the need for the players to manually apply something and without the need to reinstall the mod.

Whatever is not working on the server yet (minor bugs or features which we have not activated yet) has no imfluence on your client installation or your hardware.

and btw. hard drives do not die due to software on it... they die because power problems or mechanical errors.
    even ssd drives wont die unless you have had to install the mod +100.000 times already

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Same here! Can't connect to Crossfire 24/7 Roleplay server.
    Sometimes there are 1 or 2 players online, but I can't connect :(

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• Launcher want update 9 files but only the 1/9 and 2/9 updated. After 2/9 file game start.

Update: when start SP and update, only the first 2 files updated, too.

Update 11:25: can connect to server again now! THX! :salutes

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

Edited 2 times, last by RonaldoDaVinci ().

• This 2/9 is fully ok (2 downloaded, 7 modified)