Crossfire 2.0

There are 302 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Peter Pampher.

• Its no big secret that for some reason the server is acting a bit strange atm.
    To be honest, we have not figures out why yet.
    During half a year online tests it ran absolutely stable and all of a sudden we experience problems where everything appeared to be fine.

Most of the issues we see in the logs appear to be linked with specific players and their client versions. However we have not been able to locate a specific error.
    While parts of the server software rely on specific developments of other coders its not an easy task to investigate here.
    I am sure that with enough time Huor certainly will find a solution.
    I am in the unfortunate situation that im not of much help since i dont know the code behind all of that and dont have the skills to support huor with debugging.

However... it certainly would help if enough players remain on the server and give us (that actually means Huor) reports about server software related problems (via bugtracker) if they appear.

You guys might experience from time to time banned chars.
    That is result of a problem we dont understand yet.
    I will check the server regulary to make sure that such banned chars get unbanned again.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Most of the issues we see in the logs appear to be linked with specific players and their client versions. However we have not been able to locate a specific error.

Might it be of help, if the players mentioned above or at least some of them might reinstal their client version ?

If such a player - one by one - might be adressed by pm to reinstal, ... perhaps with a list of how he has done it, really step by step and click by click.
    After that you might be able to find by comparision to what you've logged earlier to identify such errors. Or at least narrow them down.

Another suggestion : if we would known at what specific prob you're interested right now, we could test this specifically on the server, to give you "more" loggs on that problem.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• no that might now help
    we probably lose the chance to identify the problem then

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Win 7 Home premium users:

I had a few problems with getting 2.0 to work to start with, I will give you a run down what I did to resolve this:

1) Un-install eveything that relates to Freelancer, delete save games folder too.( or move somewhere else)

2) Fresh install of Freelancer, re-start computer ( important )

3) You will have Crossfire 2.0 as a zip file, extract it as administrator to a place where you can find it.

4) Once unpacked, right click the bigger of the 2 Crossfire 2.0 folders, run as Administrator.

5) When it starts to load, you will get errors such as something to do with windows framework or a like, it will offer you
    to repair or delete, DELETE IT, as Crossfire comes with its own.

6) It will then carry on installing to FLMM, once done, activate it.
    6a) Graphics option set to Freelancer version.

7) When all is done, you will notice 2 shortcuts on desktop, 1 x Freelancer and Freelancer Crossfire. I found that the game
    works with the Freelancer shortcut first. The other one tends to not work at first.

8.) VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure before you start to play that you go to multi-player first to get the newer updates by Huor
    First, this will ensure any server or indeed other little bugs that prevented playing are corrected through the server update.

9) After I had done all of the above you need to set the shortcuts to run the game in Compatability mode Window service pack 2,
    SP3 tends to give me probs, SP2 works for me.

10) Make sure you patch up the game with the Widescreen patch, if you have widescreen oc.

11) Run the game as Administrator (right click shortcut), you may get a couple of CTD's, but if all the above has been done,
    It will sort its self out and you will have it up and running ok as I do.
    11a) Run SP when you are on-line, it will find a new file for the SP option, it automatically downloads it and you'll be good to go.

I am currentley enjoying the SP campains, will come on-line soon when I see the server on-line.

Hope this helps a bit.
    " See you in Space "

Rgds

Cygna

• I installed mod countless times of two different pcs and was enough follow guide in FAQ. Most probs here mentioned come with UAC. I also used 'repair' option during mod install, no issue with that.

• Btw ... kills (death penalty) in PvP are now going in few milions (like 3-5M mil per kill) .. its intended?

• FAQ .. first 2 entries

• I have gone through the single player game form the start but cannot finish. I do not want to spoil it for everyone else so I will not reveal too many details but I am on what I assume is the last mission and I am awaiting orders in Inner Core with the rest of the fleet, orders which never come. I think the reason is that Juni and King have been killed by the Ion Cannons guarding the hypergate, a blue on blue attack. Do I have to continue to wait or is this the end anyway.

• there are at least 2 missions left to be done
    but actually juni and king should not have been killed at all

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ... you are second one mentioning exactly the same issue. This ofc should not happen at all :( . Did you used during play autosaves? (not recommended).

We may need your last mission save (hope it can give some insight why this is going on)

• I have play this right from the start, using the games saves. I have had no other major issues, just minor ones where the npcs did not do what they should. I resolved each one by just loading the game with the save made by the game.

• PM sent.

• could b that the new reputations make problems if the storyline was not started from the beginning and all savegames removed

however... ive done a small patch to the system
    can you try to start the mission again?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I used the file Forlon sent me and finished the last missions, thanks for that it was great. I then went back and tried to use my file but still Juni and King get killed and the missions does not complete. I can go through the hypergate and on the other side ships are waiting but the cut scene does not run nor is Juni or King there. Forlon has a copy of my file.

• Before anything else, I feel obliged to thank a man of outstanding merits for CF 2.0 - beside OP. Not only in time of gratest need he created the launcher ANEW from scratch, also he managed in the last few days to iron out an awfull lot of minor as well as mayor unforeeable bugs on the server.

HUOR, you are REALLY a SUPER
    :thankyou:

Now for my topic

In friendly cooperation with |LC|Judge the new tax/fine system was tested.
    I LIKE IT :)
    Taxing/fining from about 12 - 10 k away with command : smooth and easy
    The "tax/fine-calculator" : reasonable for THAT purpose

• for about 10 - 12 mil in account bank => some 350 k
    • for about x00 mil (highlevel player 80+) => some 3.4 mil (lucky the noob getting the kill :D )

After the tax was earned as well as the fine, we kept on fighting and ... :bscared: the "death penalty" was THE SAME :bscared: !!
    Here I have to repeat Martinds question.

Btw ... kills (death penalty) in PvP are now going in few milions (like 3-5M mil per kill) .. its intended?

As said, IMO these calculations based on bank account are OK for tax/fine, but way to high for "normal" PvP.

|LC|Judge had a nice comment on that : "Now PvP becomes a LUXURY ITEM."

Is it possible to set this "calculator" different for tax/find on the one side and "normal" PvP on the other ?
    Otherwise things like "training PvP" for clans or sometimes occurring battles (police<>pirate, maybe ASF<>CSF)
    as well as participating in some events would become for many players almost impossible.

Other question : how do I pay fine/tax, if I don't want to fight ?
    How can I see the amount I have to pay ? Has it to be done via usual "trading" ?
    Or is there a command to use as easy as the fining/taxing procedure ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• @Geronimo - your savegame should be working now

And yes... it is clearly time to say thanks Huor for his impressive work and the many hours he has been working on the server meanwhile.
    Also a big thanks to Martind Forlon, Gearhead, Vishnu and all the others that supported the development of this mod.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Same here.. Juni end king get kiled right after undock from omega 3 station. Lock like is a rep problem end this GMG Ion guns don't really like Juni XD

PS:....Ignore that OP....The new patch works fine .Thanks a lot xD

Edited 2 times, last by Zee ().