Crossfire 2.0

There are 302 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Peter Pampher.

• I have this folder "bigger".

• Thanks guys, I'll try everything again, maybe some parts of the download got corrupted on my pc, even the zip is showing a different size:
    size: 2,69 GB (2.893.921.598 bytes) and
    size on disk: 2,69 GB (2.893.922.304 bytes)
    I'll try again with a proper download manager this time.
    Any suggestions on which download manager I should use?

Edited once, last by Apache ().

• missing files
    invisible stuff does not exist in the mod... if its not there then stuff is not correctly installed

Thanks for your answer. I made again a fresh install of Freelancer and the crossfire 2.0 mod and the problem still exists. It seems, that I am the only one with this problem at the Moment or not?

I can´t see a lot of stations (exept their lights and turrets) in the Coalition systems (same problem with the tradelanes in the coalition systems). In all other tested systems everything is visible for me.

Maybe some files are missing, but I don´t know, why they won´t be installed (I guess this files are not missing in the mod file :) ). Does anyone have an idea for a manually solution to install the missing files?

Thanks in advance

Starwalker67

• I´m sorry, I haven´t found out yet, how to edit a post.

I have the same filesize, number of directories and files, Forlon and Moorhuhn have written above. Can anybody confirm my problem? Maybe ist problem of my older onboard grafic Adapter (HD4000)?

If anybody has an idea let me know. Thanks!

• So your download seems ok then. Then the files are not istalled OR not used.

Do you use old save games or are there any old savegames in the MyGames/Freelancer/Accts/Singleplayer folder ?
    If so -> remove.

Have you tried other graphic options in the "settings" menu of the launcher ? (DON'T USE VANILLA option !!)
    For your GPU ENB standard should work fine, the others -> try.

If that doesn't help -> reinstall again :(
    BUT
    really, REALLY CLEAN EVERYTHING UP, also any FL tools, in registry check MANUALLY also SOFTWARE-WoW6432Node,
    leftovers there spoiled my installations (some time ago, until I found this ;) ).
    AND
    RUN THE FLMM Installer AS WELL as CF Installer as admin, just to be on the save side
    AND
    exclude EVERY .exe related to Freelancer and Crossfire from the attetion of your Firewall, AV-programm, Scan-programm, what security you have to run ever, also the folders of your Freelancer vanilla installation, the folder, where you have stored the download. That is REALLY important. Remove any "write protection" on these folders as well, if there is one.

Dunno which step might be THE ONE, I always use ALL of them -> and it works.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• @Starwalker67
    Heyho!

I play the SP too and i was at the Coalition HQ after installed 2.0 and i can see everything.
    Maybe this could help: I don´t know if you cleaned your HDD/SSD after uninstall the mod and Freelancer.
    You could try this:
    1. Uninstall FMM and all Mods
    2. Backup your savegames into another folder
    3. Uninstall freelancer
    4. Restart your PC/Laptop
    5. Donwload the Ccleaner ( CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download )
    6. Use the Registry cleaner, don´t forget to save the old registry (Ccleaner will give you the advice)
    7. Use the normal Cleaner to clean your HDD/SSD
    8. Restart your PC/Laptop
    9. Fresh install of Freelancer and the FLMM (given in the Download of Crossfire 2.0)
    10. Install the Mod Crossfire 2.0 and Activate it
    11. Restore your Savegames back to the Folder
    12. Start the game and take a look, if it works

Good luck and i hope this may help!

See you in Space!

Edit by
    by nucnuc
    I was faster :P 

:Ausgezeichnet: :Homer:

Charakter: Cr/\s|-|er

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• yeah, but seems to need a affirmation, many need, for reasons whatsoever the
    "nitty-bitty" parts of preparation and ...WAITING
    at the right moments of installation are often not well enough ... spiritualized.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Thanks for your advice.

I have followed the Installation instructions step by step. Have automatically cleaned the registry before the clean install (maybe should have a manual look into it too). Also using Standard ENB shader. My old save games I have copied into a different Directory and have copied it back after full Installation of Freelancer FLMM and crossfire. I have launched all exe files as Administrator.

I will do ist step for step again next week (have no time before) and will try to manual clean my registry too.

Let´s see, what will happe. I will tell you my results. I´m a bit confused, that only the Coalition Systems have this bugs for me (installed it twice times). Everything else seems ok.

Have a nice weekend

Starwalker67

• please tell me how to install the mod, I'm getting crazy here
    I downloaded the zip file from the filebase and unzipped it (4 times already)
    whenever I run Crossfire20setup.exe I get the mod extracted to 5.3 GB so some parts were missing (should be 6.1 GB).
    after a few attempts I find out it doesn't actually use _Crossfire20setup.dat (I changed its name but it made no difference at all)
    any fixes for this? I had already unblocked it in file properties.

• Installer should run "silent" installation for this second file in the package (there is not any visible sign that it is going on). If this do not work, then something on your PC block this "silent" installation. Dunno about this part, someone more experienced with this stuff need give some advices. You also should not touch this file name, it need work exactly as is unpacked. One idea come to my mind: what path you have for FLMM? (if there are spaces, like some systems folder have, try reinstall FLMM into some simple directory aka D:/something and try again.

• Another idea: How much HD-space do you have free on the drive you want to install? Taking into mind, that during installation some files need to be unpacked/worked on, maybe it's just a simple space problem?

• I had about 19 GB free when I started, and it still had over 8 GB free when the mod was "extracted".
    I think I am overlooking an issue with the _Crossfire20setup.dat file.
    it does not matter where I try to install the mod. I tried installing it directly into D:/program files/FLMM1.3 first time, after that in D:/program files/swat/crossfire and every time I got it same size with missing files.
    Maybe there is an extracted/archived version of the mod available? I don't get why it has to be an exe anyways

• Try D:/FLMM (simple folder and link name) ... and its done as is bcs installer size which is above 2GB. (If I remember right, this dat file is renamed during installation process and ran as .exe too). You may also try run Installer as system admin, maybe on you PC it will work.

Edit by
    ... and 8Gb could be not enough, we are talking here about rly big files and they may remain as temporary and deleted after is mod installed into FLMM

• Have found some time to make a fully new Installation.

After Deinstallation and unsing ccleaner, I have cleaned all registry entries, that has been left (were 10-15 I believe). And now everything is visible in the Coalation Systems.

Thanks @all for your help. Problem solved :).

Have a nice weekend

Starwalker67

Edit by
    by nucnuc
    told ye :sehrgut: 

Edited 2 times, last by NucNuc ().

• 1. deinstall FLMM
    2. install the FLMM coming with the mod again (dont ask... do it)
    3. disable UAC as long the installation is running
    4. now install the mod - during this installation dont change anything on paths -> it should automatically locate your FLMM folder
    5. thats it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!